Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Corinne Kaplan aand Eliza Orlins  (Read 725 times)

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
Corinne Kaplan aand Eliza Orlins
« on: April 11, 2019, 09:48:16 AM »

Friends
​Corinne Kaplan and Eliza Orlins
Biography
Previous seasons: Survivor: Gabon and Survivor: Caramoan (Corinne); Survivor: Vanuatu and Survivor: Micronesia (Eliza)

Corinne Kaplan
Instagram and Twitter: @corinsanity
Hometown: Denver
Current occupation: Medical sales for the real money, podcasting for the side hustle

Describe what you do: I sell genetic testing solutions by day and dispense questionable life advice by night.

Three words to describe you: 100% that bitch.

Favorite hobbies: Hanging with my alpaca (IG: @tupaca_the_alpaca), shutting down small talk, and avoiding friends’ children at all costs.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of?
Survivor. Not the show per se, but the accomplishment of not becoming either a real estate agent or a yoga instructor afterward. 

What scares you most about traveling?
It’s a tie between Joran van der Sloot and Brokedown Palace.

What excites you most about traveling?
Hangovers don’t exist on vacation and calories don’t count on airplanes.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why?
Myanmar because Eliza claims it is the best place she’s ever visited. I would take her word over Trip Advisor all day. In the context of this Race, I want to visit China. I speak fluent Mandarin and we would have a huge advantage. Just kidding, I barely speak English. But, Eliza knows Mandarin and she’s my secret weapon.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race with your partner (other than winning one million bucks)?
Just looking for my 16th minute of fame.

Who do you think will be your biggest competition: Racers, Houseguests, or Castaways?
Racers. It’s the same concept as taking your SATs. Your score goes up every time. 

Do you think Survivor prepared you for The Amazing Race? Do you think you learned anything on Survivor that will help you on the Race?
I learned how to endure under unfathomable conditions and tune out that voice in your head that keeps saying, “Why did you sign up for this?” 

Eliza Orlins
Instagram and Twitter: @eorlins
Hometown: New York
Current occupation: Public Defender

Describe what you do: As a public defender in Manhattan, I have dedicated myself to the zealous defense of some of society’s most vulnerable. I represent individuals charged with crimes in Manhattan who cannot afford legal counsel.

Three words to describe you: Intense, politically active, and outgoing.

Favorite hobbies: Traveling to new places, completing the NY Times Crossword Puzzle daily, spinning, and storytelling.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of?
While becoming a successful public defender is what I’m most proud of, I believe my greatest accomplishment is still ahead of me. I decided as a teenager that I wanted to advocate for those who had no one else fighting for them. To this end, I have represented thousands of indigent individuals in New York City over the past decade, but my hope for the future is to decriminalize poverty and end mass incarceration.

What scares you most about traveling?
Nothing, except poor safety standards (flying on low budget airlines whose planes wouldn’t pass inspection in the U.S.).

What excites you most about traveling?
EVERYTHING! I absolutely love to travel and love seeing new places, meeting new people, and experiencing new cultures.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why?
Bhutan. I want to trek through the Himalayas and see the gorgeous monasteries and dramatic landscape there.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race with your partner (other than winning one million bucks)?
I love pushing my boundaries and seeing what I’m capable of. I can’t wait for the adventure and the challenge!

Who do you think will be your biggest competition: Racers, Houseguests, or Castaways?
Racers. Hands down. It's like when Boston Rob went up against a bunch of newbies on Survivor: Redemption Island.

Do you think Survivor prepared you for The Amazing Race? Do you think you learned anything on Survivor that will help you on the Race?
Survivor prepared me to starve, so I don’t need to spend leg money on food. I'm also comfortable sleeping anywhere—an airport floor is luxurious compared to the shelter on Survivor.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 02:55:37 PM by bacali »
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
Re: Corinne Kaplan aand Eliza Orlins
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 11:31:54 AM »
Look these two are terrible people as far and as I tell and not even entertainingly so. They both have fowl mouths and nasty personalities and I can only hope they go out early.  :32:

Offline trouble405

• Diamond Bee
Re: Corinne Kaplan aand Eliza Orlins
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 12:59:34 PM »
when I was working with Reality Rally - Corinne and I "crossed" paths and it was not a pleasant experience.  She was mean and made one of the volunteers cry so I had to be mean right back to her.  Some people like to use the "do you know who I am" when they should not!
Here's to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal