Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: What do you think?  (Read 3295 times)

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: What do you think?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2019, 03:11:59 PM »
Glad that you agree with me.
Honestly, when I heard Rob was going to be on this season I was excited. But, this role they have given him is ridiculous.
Then at Tribal Council to sit , hidden …. really stupid idea.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2019, 10:37:15 PM »
Aaron is a dumb dumb who loves power. Targeting Elaine to avoid rocks is one thing, but he was really into getting her out and he has been since day 1. I don't see why. I mean I do see how likable she is and that no sane person will want to take her to the end, but that' a day 30 problem. Unless Elaine was some massive challenge threat than nobody should worry about her this early.

Then he doubled down on the dumb by continuing to act like he was 100 percent on board with Vokai even in the tribal council whispering. Everyone on that tribe should now have a legitimate reason not to trust Aaron and he could well suffer for it at the merge and I for one am hoping he does.

I liked Jason and I'm sad to see him go like this. He really did nothing wrong here and only went home because they happened ti sit out Elaine and she got a huge reward for that. This scenario was better than seeing Elaine backstabbed that hard by Missy & Aaron I suppose, but I wish it had been touchy-feely Dan to go instead of Jason.

I like Tommy too. And Jack. I dislike Aaron. Everybody else is kind of up and down.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2019, 12:23:30 AM »
It was one of those glad/sad types of tribal councils. Glad Elaine got to stay but sad Jason paid the price. And Aaron...hope he get a nice juicy blindside soon!

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2019, 11:20:52 PM »
Well that was a distressing two hours of television.  :16:

I know this stuff is a mine field but I’ve never been on-board with this ‘believe all women’ thing because that pre-supposed that women wouldn’t lie about this stuff and this episode is proof (among a world of proofs) that this is not true. Sometimes women lie. This is why you have to get either an admission of guilt, witnesses or physical evidence.

But in this episode we saw very clearly that at least ONE woman wasn’t lying and that was Janet and they not only used her and then shoved her into the mud for good measure but they messed with her head to the point where she didn’t even seem to know what really happened anymore.

What Missy and Elizabeth (quite probably some others) did in using Janet and this Dan situation (separate issue) to get what they wanted in Survivor was despicable. Full stop.

Dan's attitude I can kind of understand. He got truth from Janet and a pack of lies from Elizabeth and Missy and he chose to believe the young women because that narrative suited him. He didn’t want to believe that what Janet said was true so he didn’t.

As for his actions... look nothing that was SHOWN seemed that bad to me. If this was regular life I'd say avoid the guy if he makes you uncomfortable (frankly this whole Dan thing reminded me of that other Biden story a year or so back but I digress) and since this is Survivor I'd say just vote him out if he makes you uncomfortable. I don't see the need to ruin his life and I certainly don't like the way the whole situation was used to get ahead in Survivor.

At this point I feel like I want everyone to lose except for Janet and I don't feel great about the chances of that happening.  :(

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2019, 11:47:15 PM »
Has anyone else ever been voted out with 2 idols?

And in the last blindside, hoping Janet can get back on her feet. The look on Missy's face as everything was going down made me seethe. I used to like a lot of these survivors, now I don't know, maybe things will get better as we go along.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2019, 12:51:24 AM »
Has anyone else ever been voted out with 2 idols?
James Clement in S15 China

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2019, 10:15:21 PM »
Well that was better than last week wasn't it? -Dancekick-

Missy and Elizabeth's faces when they saw Aaron was voted out were priceless. Priceless!  :Woot_Emoticon:

Missy: 'I am not aggressive'
Missy later: 'kill her (Elaine) slowly and methodically' ... #4846

And really Missy says she wasn’t coming for Tommy when the only votes in Jeff’s urn were for Tommy and Missy? Come on. Even Fairplay wouldn't try that one.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2019, 10:26:36 PM »
Oh it's also worth noting that (if I have the facts strait in my head) Lauren voted out Aaron to break up the trio or Aaron, Missy and Elizabeth, and Missy/Elizabeth TRIED to vote out Tommy to split up him and Lauren. For some reason I enjoy that. 

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2019, 11:56:14 PM »
Glad to see the last of Missy, really glad.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2019, 09:35:14 PM »
At this point I wouldn't mind a Tommy or Dean win if we can't have Janet, though she's absolutely my first choice to win. A Nora win would be a hoot but come on we've already seen how she rambles on, can you see anyone voting for her even if she's sitting next to Dan in a surprise final two? Honestly I don't know that Dan can't win anyway. For all we know he could beat Janet in the final two and leave all of us stunned. I truly hope he doesn't win though because aside from anything else this would trigger a new wave of podcasts about what happened.

Lauren and Elaine I'm unsure of because after weeks of no exit interviews I still don't know whether they were also involved in using Dan's touching as a strategy to get ahead. We were shown enough to know that Elizabeth and Missy did use it.

Back to talking about the actual game of Survivor...I wasn't bothered by Dean's decision to warn Tommy. Dean had no real connection with Nora, Karishma or Elaine as far we know. If he had one with Tommy than it was probably a good call to save him and screw over the other three. If Elaine and Nora are the next two out that could make Dean the swing vote between the duos of Dan/Janet & Tommy/Lauren which should give him a birth in the final four if nothing else. But really with this group who knows. It hasn't been predictable I'll give them that. If the Kellee/Dan/Janet incident hadn't happened I think this would be a very enjoyable season.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2019, 12:27:41 AM »
Some very entertaining characters! I am not sure about all this gabbing at tribal. I kind of liked it when everyone kept their thoughts to themselves.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2019, 08:08:25 PM »
Some very entertaining characters! I am not sure about all this gabbing at tribal. I kind of liked it when everyone kept their thoughts to themselves.
I haven't watched last Wednesday's show yet, so I can't comment on it. But, I know what you mean, ponytail. Many of the TC have them all whispering, getting up for a conversation...etc.
Give me back the TC where they all sat in one spot and only spoke to Jell.
Boy, are we getting testy. hahaha

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2019, 09:59:39 PM »
I've been re-watching the early seasons and enjoying them wholeheartedly. I just finished Africa and it was so refreshing after all this modern Survivor. Loving it!!!  :dance:

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2019, 10:12:40 PM »
Utter madness this season. I was all prepared to come on here and post about how I thought Janet and Lauren blew their chances of winning by allowing Noura to stay on as the supreme goat, but then the mysterious incident happened and who knows now. I just want Janet to win and bring balance back to the force.

Entertainment Weekly already has an article out with Probst about Dan's removal where he tells us.... absolutely nothing. They've also announced that they will pre-tape the 'reunion' show earlier in the day to protect the 'players', but what they really want to protect are their own fannies. They don't want to chance someone blurting out something on live TV that would make the show look bad so they'll pre-tape and edit out anything they don't want known. How boring.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2019, 12:26:50 AM »
That was a shocker, and Jeff made it sound like it was an incident with a staffer I'm guessing? It makes you wonder if they do enough vetting. Surely this isn't the first time he's been caught or complained about. Time to scramble!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal