Survivor > Survivor 39

The Dan Debacle

(1/4) > >>

Court:
Several weeks ago we all saw the beginning of the fall out with Survivor player Dan and his inappropriate touching. In last nights episode he was expelled from the game for another inappropriate touching incident. This time it sounds like he touched a crew or production member. From what I have read he allegedly rubbed a female crew members leg when they were getting on the boat after the immunity challenge.

Personally, I think he should have been removed long before now. Kelee clearly told him in episode 1 that she didn’t like it when he was touching her and he continued to do so. They have it all on camera, so he clearly has an issue with it. If he couldn’t keep his hands to himself after being warned, I can’t help but wonder how inappropriate he is with women out in the real world.

Outlast:
Stopped in at Survivor Sucks and they're all abuzz about a new backlash over Dan. Sounds like a lot of this season's cast (and many alums) are siding with Dan and want to take his side at the Reunion, but now that CBS has decided to tape it rather then let it play out live there is a lot of talk (who can say at this point if its anything more than talk) about many S39 cast members no showing to the reunion to embarrass CBS in the only way they contractually can.

Outlast:
They're also saying and this is almost certainly true because CBS does it often with Big Brother live evictions, that the entire audience for the Survivor reunion/finale will be filled with CBS employees. So no fans and no former players will be allowed in. A real lock down kind of situation.

Personally I'd rather they just let the players talk. The truth will set you free. Hiding things and forcing contestants to keep quiet will only make the situation worse.

Court:
I agree, they should let the players talk, Dan included but apparently he will not be at the reunion. I don’t understand how they can defend him though, even if Kelee was the only one who felt uncomfortable she still asked him not to touch him but he continued to anyway. Either way, this would be a golden opportunity to really discuss this type of issue, and both Dan and Kelee could share their truth. In the very least, she deserves and opportunity to tell him how he feels.

LindaM:
From what I'm gathering on Twitter, there are two sides.  The side with Kellee doesn't want to admit that they planned to use that to get Dan out.  The whole thing has been blown out of proportion. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version