Non- Reality > Non Reality

Sanditon on PBS

<< < (2/3) > >>

Outlast:
I agree the ending was utterly unfinished without at the least a wedding for Charlotte.

Remember the line from the latest Little Women trailer that said something like ‘the heroine has to be either married or dead by the end of the book’? It’s more true than many would like to admit. The story just feels unfinished without a wedding. Though I would prefer she married young mister Stringer to surly Sidney.

When Sanditon burned down I immediately thought of how Jolly Arthur Parker danced with the sullen Miss Lambe moments before at the ball and assumed the happy ending would be their marriage thus saving the entire Parker families finances. It might seem a strange match, but I think their temperaments might just balance each other out.

I am happy that things ended up working out well for Tom Parker who despite with faults I quite liked.

Snowbird:
I liked Tom and his wife.  I also liked the red haired girl(can't remember the name) and the guy who chased her.  I was glad that they were married. I was very disappointed in Sidney for even speaking to someone he was engaged to that left him for a richer , older man. 

Outlast:

--- Quote from: Snowbird on February 24, 2020, 10:35:12 PM ---I liked Tom and his wife.  I also liked the red haired girl(can't remember the name) and the guy who chased her.  I was glad that they were married. I was very disappointed in Sidney for even speaking to someone he was engaged to that left him for a richer , older man.

--- End quote ---
The irony of course is that he turned around and did the same thing to Charlotte. To make matters even worse he sped after her carriage just to let her know that he didn’t love his fiancée and loved her but he was still marrying the rich woman. That was a cruel as well as un-gentlemanly to both women.

I still say they could’ve solved the whole mess by a marriage between Miss Lambe and Arthur Parker.

Snowbird:
Season two left me even more disappointed than season one did.  I thought we would finally have a lasting love for Charlotte but for some reason that was unclear to me she was rejected again.  I was also disappointed that that handsome Sidney did not show up since he was killed off. 

ponytail:
This is a show I've been meaning to watch--hmmm, don't know if I want to now!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version