Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Weekly discussion  (Read 1849 times)

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Weekly discussion
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2020, 12:08:18 AM »
That was great. They have all really matured haven't they?

I finished watching Survivor Africa again, and was rather disappointed in Ethan's game play. Those old schoolers really didn't do much scheming did they?! And he didn't win any competitions to speak of either. Now I am on to Cook Islands with Ozzy, Parvati, and Yul.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2020, 03:12:58 PM »
Where are you finding these different years?

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2020, 12:06:55 AM »
I just love Tony and the ways he expresses himself.  I think he would be fun to be around because things would never get boring.   
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2020, 12:40:20 AM »
Amazon Prime has a bunch of Survivor series available. Not all of them, but some, and it is interesting to me to go back and watch these old school players in action.

Tony is a ball of fire! I don't have a particular person I'm rooting for now, just don't want Ben to win.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2020, 02:15:12 AM »
I enjoyed watching Tony tonight, too. I would be happy to see him win.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2020, 08:02:38 PM »
This is my take on the final show.
The winner was the right choice.  Tony did all three in outwitting, outlasting, outplaying and his social game was great.  He never had his name written down.  He did everything to make sure the game went like he wanted it to.  He was so entertaining to me. I loved when he what he thought was an award and how excited he was and then to find out it wasn't.  I loved when he would spy and I loved how he told everybody about it at the last tribal. 

Natalie played a good game as far as physical was concerned.  Her running ability helped her on the EOE.  I don't see how she held out.  The main thing I would have against her winning the game was that she came into the game and didn't do what was needed to stay past the first vote.  That also gave her an advantage over the others who came to the EOE after her.  She was the first there and learned about the island and the tokens before anyone else.  That gave her a huge advantage getting back into the game.  If she had not had that advantage someone else would have probably won the challenge.  If she had put Tony up against Michelle she would have gotten him out by the way Michelle could make fire. 

Poor Michell. I felt bad for her in the end.  Even her old boyfriend didn't give her a vote.  I am sure she felt worse about her season this year than she did the one she said everyone thought she should not have won.  She did manage to stay in the game but maybe because she wasn't seen as much of a threat.

There wasn't really anyone on this cast that I did not like.  Ben grew on me and by the final show I liked him much more than early on.  But I wonder what his wife felt when he told Sarah to vote him out and give away the chance for 2 million!  I think I would have been more than a little upset. 
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2020, 01:03:22 PM »
My opinion of Ben changed by the end of the show. I wish he had gone for it all. He played for that final 3 so intensely the whole game, and to then just collapse and throw it away seemed odd and strange to me. But what heart he showed!
Honestly, they all had much to be proud of, what a cast this was, I hope Survivor survives a few more years and that they keep coming up with new ideas. It will be hard to match this year.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2020, 02:28:31 PM »
It was a great season. I was happy Tony won.
What a shame with such a great cast of all winners they couldn't do their regular reunion.
This was the only disappointment of the season for me.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal