Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: COVID-19 -- Stay at Home Orders  (Read 2277 times)

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
COVID-19 -- Stay at Home Orders
« on: March 31, 2020, 02:46:52 PM »
How long are you scheduled to be at home.  We're here until April 29th.  I can work from home.  We can do the following:
Shop for groceries and essential items (hardware store, car parts --- things that will allow us to go about life at home).
Gas Stations and Convenience stores
Lawn Mower and Landscaping (thank goodness since I think I blew up the lawnmower).
Postal service.

Amazon Prime, FedEx. UPS and truckers can run. 

Hopefully the grocery shelves can get restocked.

Oh and only 10 people can gather at an event.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: COVID-19 -- Stay at Home Orders
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 02:52:47 PM »
We are with the exact same quarantine.
I have been out only once in two weeks. I hate for my husband to even food shop, but, someone has to. And, as some of the ladies know, of all times, I'm having a first floor bathroom put in.

I miss seeing the children. Liam's birthday is Sunday and we can't see him or Ava or anyone for that matter.
And, now they say another whole month, but, who knows.

I just saw that Chris Cuomo tested positive. I love watching him . Last night he interviewed his brother , the governor. This whole thing has me scared to death.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 03:53:43 PM »
Yep -- Chris tested positive.  I'm doing food runs to the grocery but not going inside.  We're shopping online at Food Lion and actually saving some money.  The question each week is:  Will we get our order. 

I don't mind working from home really.  I have that nice view of the lake but its the pits because it's my last few weeks. I retired May 29th.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 12:19:35 AM »
We are still relatively untouched here in Nebraska, but not for long. I am doing much the same as the rest of you. We have very little contact with anyone else. The nice thing about living in a small town, though, is that every store you go into has someone you know, and you can have a small chat from a socially appropriate distance!
I am going to chance having a cup of coffee with a couple friends tomorrow, we may have to even cut that off soon. Haven't seen my family for a long time, but we're hoping to get together at a state park in April and picnic at a socially appropriate distance! I am a hugger! This is hard for me!

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 11:58:30 PM »
I've been home for almost 4 weeks now... except drove to Liam's house for his 9th birthday.( the next town and 5 minutes away)
We stayed way apart from everyone , as older people, but, I am not at all happy tonight.
I wanted some hugs and kisses ...while I'm still here on earth.

They said on the news and aol .. that around here it is going to be in the next 2 weeks like a Pearl Harbor / a 9/11...very, very bad.
That is all we see on local news .. hard . I honestly just want to stay in bed and I cry for no reason.
Sorry for venting... it's just so hard to listen to . Thousands of people in the surrounding area are gone. OMG.
It's like a nightmare.
And, Mr husband still can't stay in. He makes me sick to death having to go to the grocery store...for stupid stuff. Just , still, doesn't get it.
Stay safe everyone and let's pray for each other.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2020, 11:04:52 AM »
It's getting closer to us, too. So far we know of none in the county, but we are very close to a hot spot so have to be careful. My hubby and I always go out to eat on Sunday at noon. Our new habit is going to get pick up food and parking in the parking lot to watch people! At least we get out of the house and support our local businesses. Our governor has yet to shut down our state, one of the 8 holdouts. As they say, it's like swimming in a swimming pool where peeing is allowed in the deep end. Consistent guidelines would be so much help. Stay safe! Now that it is warming up, I am  starting to get excited about gardening!

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2020, 02:08:57 PM »
I get very upset when I see that there are still states with no restrictions. This is when you mitigate/contain the virus ….before it gets to be the hot spot we are.
Then you can see a case and trace it and contacts. Here it's impossible. OMG, it's terrible. I can't watch the news when the NY or NJ governors come on tv. So many die...just overnight every day!

Frustrates me at these conferences to hear Dr Fauci say one thing and our President actually say the opposite.
I do understand that the President wants to open the country, but no one can say this as Dr Fauci says... the virus has to let you know when it's safe to do this. Everyone here wants to open the country , too. But, with another Pearl harbor/ 9/11 predicted around here... that's not going to happen any time soon.
If too soon, people will go out and not be totally healthy and we will all get it again. I fear this virus is going to be with us for a very long time.

But, my flowers are popping out of the ground and the cherry blossoms are beautiful. I enjoy sitting outside every afternoon and just watching the birds and sky... quietly.
So far the bldg inspector hasn't been around to inspect what was done in the new little first floor bathroom. Honestly, this is frustrating to my husband, but, I am kind of happy. ..relieved.
I don't want strangers in the house at this moment in time.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2020, 12:59:28 AM »
I am in one of those states that doesn't have a mandate from the governor, but we do have restrictions. We still drive to pick up take out. The stores have a one person at a time policy, no children, and limitation on how many can go in. But I could still go to WalMart if I wanted! They have senior hours on Tuesday morning before they open up the store to other customers. Still relatively few cases in Nebraska, but steadily climbing. My big problem is less exercise, I am such a flabby couch potato any more! Don't like it.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2020, 09:13:46 AM »
WE are under stay at home until April 29th but I expect it will be extended.  The county has either 18 or 20 cases depending on which site you check.  We are over 3,000 cases.  The first cases were due to a BioGen conference in Boston.  It started in Mecklenberg County and the Research Triangle Park.  Those are still hot spots (Charlotte, Raleigh, Durham).  We still can go to the grocery, get necessary items (even Best Buy will bring it to your car), but with mom, I am wiping everything down.  We are on work from home orders.  I don't mind too much but this was my last semester at Elon.  We have had two cases there but they live off campus but are being monitored. 

I see Myrtle Beach, the Georgia Beaches wanting to reopen.  We know that some of these cases came back with spring breakers.  The young and Trumpettes still don't follow the rules.  They crowd you. 

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2020, 12:31:42 AM »
I hate to even say this but, I did hear someone last night...a fella who is really knowledgeable about other epidemics from years ago …. say that he compares this moment in time to the influenza epidemic of 1918
That virus left and came back in waves and it finally was over..... in 1920!!!
it took TWO years!  :'(

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2020, 02:24:37 PM »
I hate to even say this but, I did hear someone last night...a fella who is really knowledgeable about other epidemics from years ago …. say that he compares this moment in time to the influenza epidemic of 1918
That virus left and came back in waves and it finally was over..... in 1920!!!
it took TWO years!  :'(

Yep -- heard that also.  Until there is a vaccine, it will continue to pop up.  Gov. Cooper said that social distancing will have to be continued to a certain extent for a while after we return to work.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2020, 03:01:23 PM »
I may have finally gotten across to my husband. Today is the 2nd day he has stayed put.
Gov Murphy put a stop just before to all construction etc, so here I sit with a half finished bathroom and a dining room covered with plasiic.
Sort of relieved, though that no one for now going to come in.
Just our luck after years of talking about this project that we started it when we did... but, my kidney stone was our catalyst.  #4846

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2020, 02:38:07 AM »
What are everyone's thoughts about the relaxing of the stay at home rules in some states?
Here in NJ, we had our highest rates of deaths today even though the curve is evening out. We will be lucky to
be going anywhere for a long awhile.
Definitely don't think in May and I had 2 Communions, a Christening, Fire Dept dinner and Memorial Day when we usually have a parade and go to Bobby's. Even Mother's Day we won't be able to get together.

Since I was so sick in Jan and Feb. I missed so many gatherings, so haven't been together with my children and grandchildren since Christmas, except for 2 drive bys to Liam and Ava's where we stayed by the car. It broke my heart when Liam came running down to hug me and I had to put my hand up to stop him.
Things also canceled for June.
It makes me mad to see all those people on the beach in Florida. This virus is not over. And, it makes me so sick and nervous to hear these experts say that they expect a 2nd round in the Fall / Winter and it may be worse!!
I do try to stay positive, but, it's awfully hard.

Snowbird, I especially wondered if you agree with your governor about opening everything in your state? The graph of fatalities is still going up in Ga.
I saw several Ga. Mayors speak on tv and they do not agree with him. Also, the "scarflady" who does the everyday updates with Trump , also Dr Fauci don't seem to agree with the governor either.I still think you have to be very careful.

I just pray I don't get it, hubby too. My husband does go out to the stores. He refuses to order food online like my sister & many others. He is just like his cousin whom I grew up with. She was diagnosed with colitis just around the time I had the kidney stone. She was going to stores too, but, last week she felt weak from this colitis and called an ambulance and found out when she got to the hospital that she tested positive for covid19.
He is still trying to contact the men to finish the bathroom. I honestly don't want anyone in the house.
Snowbird, how are your relatives doing?

What a horrible world right now. Not feeling great and I can't even see a doctor. Just gives me a nervous stomach and stress In my chest.
I think I will have to start playing some games to de-stress!

Everyone, stay safe and hopefully if we keep praying things will calm down and life can start up little by little. But, I know it won't ever be the way it was. I feel sorry for all the younger people and children. I can't imagine having to wear a mask everytime I go anywhere. 

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2020, 12:38:24 AM »
We are relatively unscathed here in Nebraska, but there is a hot spot close by (50 miles) that is worrisome. A meat packing plant. And it hasn't been closed. Rachel Maddow had a story on it tonite on MSNBC. We really don't go into any stores although there are a few that remain open like WalMart. Curbside service for all the stores here in my little town. And we do takeout. So this week is not bad, but it is creeping closer and I will not be surprised if we see some cases here soon.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2020, 02:25:35 AM »
Here's just a part of the alert we get: I live in Lyndhurst, Bergen county NJ

COVID-19 Update:
As of 12pm Tuesday, April 21, 2020, there are 13,286 total presumptive positive cases identified in Bergen County as per the CDRSS system; impacting all 70 municipalities. ** As of today, 57 Long Term Care (LTC) facilities in Bergen County report at least one presumptive positive case as per NJDOH.
We have sadly lost 835 Bergen County residents and our County mourns their loss and offers condolences to their loved ones; we continue to grieve as a community for the precious lives lost.

*Lyndhurst: 292 cases they know of without testing...with eight deaths just in our town.

Statewise:
NJDOH Statewide Statistics:
Total Positives
Total Deaths
Percent Positivity*
44.8%
Total Tests Reported*
Major Lab Positives*
Total Negatives

Many people may be positive and not get tested if they feel they can ride it out at home. These are the ones who couldn't. This is why I am a wreck.
Today was especially bad day for me.
Last night and for a few days now I just feel like I can't breathe. And, also like there is a lump in my chest. I couldn't really eat tonight because last night my dinner just sat in my chest.
And, goody , goody... my husband was in contact with the bathroom men and they are coming tomorrow.
I told him to make sure they wore masks and that he did , too.
I won't even go down stairs until they leave some time around 3/4??? Then spray everything!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 02:31:28 AM by bacali »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal