Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: COVID-19 -- Stay at Home Orders  (Read 2279 times)

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
Re: COVID-19 -- Stay at Home Orders
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2020, 03:07:27 PM »
bacali -- have you been exposed to a possible carrier.  You need to go to the doctor.

Here is NC, our results don't even show those who may have a mild case can can't get tested.   I live in Alamance County and because we have a testing facility and the numbers of those without addresses are reported with the county it fluctuates.  Here's our figures.

Laboratory - Confirmed Cases -- 7,608
Deaths -- 253
Completed tests -- 96,185
Currently Hospitalized 486
Number of counties reporting a case (out of 100) -- 93
Alamance County -- where I live -- jumed from 59 to 63 today.

Mecklenberg County -- Charlotte -- 1,362  with 33 deaths
Guilford to our west -- Greensboro -- 240 with 15 deaths
Forsyth to our west -- Winston-Salem -- 139 with 5 death
Johnston County to our east -- 131 cases with 10 death
Orange County to our east -- Chapel Hill -- 199 cases with 8 deaths
Wake County to our east -- state capital (Raleigh) -- 626 with 11 deaths
Durham County to our east (Durham and Duke) -- 459 cases with 7 deaths

Johnston, Orange, Wake, Durham are the homes of many of the Research Triangle Park and Duke/UNC-CH, NC State Universities.  GUiflord and Forsyth  is the Triad.

Governor just announced that the state will be closed until May 8th.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2020, 12:49:12 AM »
I doubt I have been. I haven't gone out of my house in weeks. Only one would be my husband who shops.
Today we had the man do insulation in the new bathroom, he wore a mask.
I stayed upstairs. While there my husband told me my older son had stopped by.
He is a sheriff officer in Bergen County and has been doing various jobs and one was to conduct traffic of the lines of people waiting to be tested. He is fine. BUT, I told my husband I did not want to come down and called him on the phone when he left to tell him that I am paranoid about catching this. Told him I missed him. As I said in previous posts, with being sick I didn't see him at various parties so it's been the end of 2019 last time we hugged.
Makes me so sad.
Ironically, though, now they are saying that this virus was probably around a long time before we knew about it... from maybe Dec.
When I had my kidney stone attack, I sat in the ER with lots of people for a long time. Thinking back... we could have been in contact that night??? Who knows.

We are still in a hot spot , though. Nothing else to do but what they say....stay home! I haven't any idea when our quarantine will be lifted.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2020, 08:53:21 AM »
Have you read the symptoms that people who have had serious illnesses have had.  I have to wonder if my sister may have had it.  Six days before she died, she was found without her pajamas by a nurse coming on duty.  She was also not making as much sense.  She didn't have a cough or a fever.  I have to wonder....  I don't trust that money hungry rest home.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2020, 04:11:41 PM »
You never know. She may very well have been.
If you lived in NJ, I would say ...definitely. This virus is rampant at mostly every facility.
As I listened to Gov Cuomo say today...this virus has been around since probably Jan.!!!
People flying into NY and Newark NJ airports from ...EVERYWHERE!
Like I said. We may have been exposed in Jan in the ER as I was waiting with my kidney stone?

But, we have been quarantined since the 2nd wk of March. And, no light at the end of the tunnel for us as Pres. Trump has said. ...if you listened to the governors of NY and NJ speak today.
No May... no Memorial Day. .although DeBlasio does promise fireworks on the 4th... but, people will probably have to watch them on tv.
I don't see our light. :'(

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2020, 08:18:51 PM »
My heart is broken. I have been crying for 2 days. I have lost someone to this virus!

When I was a little girl of about 7, the house across the street from me had new people arrive. I watched as a man and lady with a little girl got out of the car...they also had a little baby boy.
My sister and I were so excited to see someone to play with...and this we did back in the 50's. We played. We played house with our dolls, we played school, we .. did everything . And, we had a tiny pool in my yard and this little girl came over with her now siblings.
Time went on and our families grew closer and I was, as I have later been told, a young girl that she and her younger sister were told, by their father, that he hoped they would emulate... "me".
I was in HS at an all girls school and Prom time rolled around, most of my friends went to Prom with relatives. I didn't have any.
So, this little girl's Mom and my Mom thought... let's get her nephew and me to meet.
So unbeknownst to me.. one evening while I was doing homework and on a very important day to me... I was inducted into the National Honor society that day... My mom came into where I was doing homework and asked me to take some books over to this neighbor lady. I didn't know it was a "set up" for me. … to have me meet this nephew of hers.
So to lessen this story... he is the boy after dating others all through college I married. and this little girl is his cousin.
But, marrying into the family now , I've known them all so much longer and then , she got married. She didn't have a place to rent and we had a whole house when my mother in law passed and she moved into the 2nd floor with our precious Aunt Libbie on the first floor.
We were together every time we visited Aunt Libbie during the weekend for coffee and cake and during the summer saw her every day when we went swimming at my mil's pool.
Now, moving to her own house after we lost Aunt Libbie, and we sold my mil 's house,  she and I were on the Fire Dept Aux.
She is also the God mother to my younger nephew.( I only have two) She is my sister's most cherished friend and my sister  with all the family this little girl , now a grown woman with children and grandchildren, talked to... she talked with my sister every morning....the last several weeks.
She for some reason was angry at her younger , only sister, Susie and ? I used to ask her to stop it. They finally talked around Thanksgiving...

She was diagnosed around the time I had my kidney stone with colitis. About 2 weeis ago with this colitis making her feel weak and dyhydrated , my sister told her to call the dr. She did. But, until then had been FB ing around what stores she had been to looking for ?
She had no idea.. but, the dr sending her to her hosp. and they test you now...she was diagnosed with this virus. This was a week ago last Wed.
She was still angry on FB complaining about the nurses....etc
Then finally we saw a post on Friday around 1pm.. saying "feeling a bit better".
Great.
Asleep at 3:30am , I got a call from her sister who is down now in Fla with one of her brothers... both live in NJ. She had passed away!!
Her name .. Barbara Jean.
My heart is broken and I haven't been doing at all well . I just can not stop crying.
Nothing we can even do … can't go comfort.
Her husband has battled colon cancer for years and still even having gotten rid of "one bag" has one on.
He was the BEST dancer. I loved a fire dept dinners to dance with "Uncle Louie".
Her daughter who is my Bobby's age, just remarried and had a new baby last month and Barbara Jean was setting up again for this little one when her daughter went back to work.
This is what she loved to do.
I apologize for my long posting... but , honestly , girls... I am not doing well. I am trying so hard. My heart is breaking right now.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2020, 03:16:20 PM »
Oh bacali.  I feel your pain.  I know where you are coming from and it breaks my heart.  My thoughts and prayers are with you. 

I don't think you know, but I lost a friend to suicide.  I honestly know he was having some problems but we all thought he was through them.  The COVID hit.  He was an only child.  He had been planning this for awhile and wrote a 10 page letter which I don't want to see.  The news came when the deaths in New York started ramping up and I have to ask:  Did he do it for fear of the virus?  I'm going to helpt he cousins (who I ended up telling) plan a gathering.  It was so sudden the family hadn't even contacted one of his cousins.  Luckily I got to one before the family saw it on FaceBook.

We don't know when or how thisvirus will end.  I could say a lot more but won't.  Just know I'm thinking of you and your family and the rest of the team.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2020, 04:37:14 PM »
Thank you, Linda. And , I am very sorry about the loss of your friend. Life sure is hard. :88:

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2020, 08:59:41 AM »
As things stand now, we will begin the slow route back to "new" normal on May 8th.  That is unless the protesters get sick and the numbers begin to rise.  This is amid the prospect of Orange (UNC-CH) and Durham (Duke) being listed as potential hot spots.  They have two major teaching hospitals there.  We're up to 91 or 93 (depending on the number of unidentified specimens that Labcorp gets).  The county has 150,000 residents.  Governor Cooper and NASCAR are working on rules to open for the Charlotte 500 on Memorial Day. 

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2020, 03:56:11 PM »
We finally got the word today that parks will be open and ….Golf courses! This makes my husband estatic.

Snowbird, you never responded to whether you were in favor of your Governor opening all Ga's hair salons, tatoo parlors, bowling alleys , restaurants. Are you concerned?
I think you still should be cautious. The spike in Ga is still on the rise. Stay safe.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2020, 12:24:44 AM »
So so sorry to hear of your losses, girls. We have all suffered bad losses this year, 2020 sucks. I count myself in the group of those of you mourning. The last thought of my nights is of my grandson, and the first thoughts of my mornings are of him as well.
A line I read somewhere sums it up--praying for the day when the thoughts of my loved one bring a smile to my face instead of a tear to my eye.
Thinking of you both.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2020, 12:30:46 AM »
I looked back through the posts on this thread and was struck by how the virus kept slowly creeping towards us through our comments on how our states were doing. And now it is here and striking close to our hearts. Hoping and praying we will see the end of this soon.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2020, 01:27:38 AM »
So so sorry to hear of your losses, girls. We have all suffered bad losses this year, 2020 sucks. I count myself in the group of those of you mourning. The last thought of my nights is of my grandson, and the first thoughts of my mornings are of him as well.
A line I read somewhere sums it up--praying for the day when the thoughts of my loved one bring a smile to my face instead of a tear to my eye.
Thinking of you both.
Thanks, ponytail. You are so right. 2020 has been a very sad year for us all. Right now the loss is too recent to bring a smile to my face. ...but, maybe some day we can all rejoice in  the memories we have without any tears.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2020, 04:33:11 PM »
Around 1:00 PM, I went out to make a delivery of paper towels/toilet paper to an older person who can't leave her home.  On the way, I found out why Alamance County numbers are so high.  Two Nursing Homes now have multiple cases and that jumped the number up considerably.

So far no one has died there but it is problematic for the families.  I know one family well and they're having to use IPad to talk to their brother.  They're not sure if he was exposed and of course, no one at the nursing home will volunteer information. 

This virus is deadly.  This virus kills.  This virus attacks all vital organs.  Enough said.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2020, 12:21:56 AM »
It's just terrible. I can't watch updates, but, we are still too high...hundreds every day.

And, Linda, I feel honored to have been one of your research opinion people in your article. 

Anytime   :08:

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2020, 02:41:28 PM »
Thanks to both you and ponytail.  Maybe I should start a thread and post it.  Heck -- why not.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal