Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: COVID-19 -- Stay at Home Orders  (Read 2278 times)

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
Re: COVID-19 -- Stay at Home Orders
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2020, 11:21:05 PM »
Sorry I have not responded before Bacali but I just missed seeing this. 
No,, I definitely do not agree with our governor even though he is my step-daughters brother-in-law which is a long story. 
Our whole state is going up in the number of cases but in the county where I live that isn't very big we had a rapid rise since one man died that worked at a prison hospital here.  the administration which is a state department would not allow the workers to wear mask as they said "it was not part of the uniform" and now there are many more who work there or are patients there that have gotten sick.  Therefore it has spread to the rest of the county and surrounding counties where people come here to work. 
A woman reported what the administration said on Facebook so she was called in thinking she was getting an award for her hard work and was fired. 
As of today we have 260 cases with 10 deaths.  That was up from 239 yesterday which doesn't seem that many but we are a small county. Our town Milledgeille has a population of about 45,000.
I think it is dumb to especially open up beauty shops and bowling alleys.  In fact the owner of our bowling alley said they were not going to open and expose people until things got better. 
The Walmart here has never closed and sometimes I use the pick up service I order on line.  When I pick them up I see so many go in even without mask and taking little children in too.  It makes me so mad because they are contributing to making this last longer.
I long to go out and eat with my friends. to go to church, to hug my gamily.  Like you bacali I have seen them but not gotten close enough for a hug. 
Just to have something to enjoy my daughter and I have ordered food to pick up at some of the restaurants but since we live 20 minutes out of town it is cold when we get home. 
I hope we are able to have our sister reunion in Indiana this summer.  My sister who lives there has cancer again so I don't know how much longer she will be here and I want to see her so bad at least one more time.  She called me today and I didn't think she sounded too good. 
I'm sorry about your friend Bacali.   We well all probably lose someone before this is over.
You all stay as safe as possible.   :88:
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2020, 12:32:55 AM »
We are just now starting to see it here, it's creeping closer and closer. I share your concerns about Walmart! I get pickup there as well, and it is just as packed with people as always, and few of them have masks. So disheartening! I want to see my daughter and her family so badly!
My husband and I have taken to going on long drives and picking up fast food somewhere and eating in a park just so we can get out a little bit. Hopefully a treatment and a vaccine are not long in the works.
Our little grocery has curb side only. I really miss going in and picking out the simplest thing instead of trusting them. Today I needed a sympathy card, and I couldn't even pick it out myself. :(

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2020, 09:11:29 AM »
Our county sits on the 85/40 route that everyone takes.  Many wear masks but we have a bunch of idiots who refuse and even protested the state being closed.  Gov. Cooper is using a phase process.  We will open up on Friday at 5:00 PM so retail can begin but we are urged to wear masks.  They cannot allow more than 50% in a store at any time.  Churches can gather outside and only 10 people can meet.  This is a huge increase for where we are today (even though some stores opened anyway).

We now have it in a nursing home.  While our numbers are lower than Greensboro, Winston-Salem, Durham, Chapel Hill and Raleigh, they rose quickly after the virus got here.  We now as of 9:00 have 126 sick and 3 deaths (up 1 from yesterday).   Where will it end?  I don't know.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2020, 02:59:34 PM »
It's mandatory that we wear masks now.
Just to show you our town...just my small town. Last night's virus alert said we have 359 presumptive positive cases . We have lost 12 people only in our town.

They opened the park for walking through, but, playgrounds not open for the children. These probably won't be open for forever. So sad.

My hubby is happy, they opened golf courses. He is not at all happy at how he has to abide by so many rules... but, that is our life now.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2020, 12:18:50 AM »
I have retreated into a world of books and Netflix. :(
Little things that I used to overlook, now seem magnified and more irritating. I still keep in touch with friends and family, but what is there to talk about when you don't go anywhere or do anything? Or have anything to really look forward to? Boo!
Anyone else have 'bad' habits that are just getting worse? My refrigerator has seen lots of action, that's for sure. Unfortunately.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2020, 03:37:15 PM »
I live in perpetual fear of where this will strike next and this morning it did.  We have a dear sweet man who is a family friend, Louie.  Louie had a virus and high fever as a child that left him with the mentality of a child.  He has to live in a nursing home.  Well guess what!  That nursing home has the most cases in Alamance County.  Our numbers aren't as bad as the counties around us but that nursing home has the most victim (yes I mean victims) and around 1/2 of the total deaths here in the county.  The stupid sheriff is trying to help our the local NASCAR ordained race track (think small dirt track) and allowing customers tonight even though the governor said that customers weren't allowed.  I know this is all for money and election (he is constantly compared to the past, long dead sheriff on my childhood and a family friend).  Yes, I'm mad today but I know it won't do any good but I have to vent.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2020, 08:33:03 PM »
So sorry , Linda. I , as you know have had this first covid death with a dear loved one. It's so scary.
Life is just never going to be the same.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2020, 10:07:51 AM »
Don't I know it and this call for reopening "Everything" is ridiculous.  The United Methodist Church is having meetings on when churches here can reopen.  My church is considered high risk and it will probably be July.  And I doubt anyone will protest.

Offline trouble405

• Diamond Bee
Here's to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2020, 08:57:20 PM »
Our church opened and hubby went Sat night. I stayed home. Only 27 people were there.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2020, 10:02:10 PM »
 Cooper left us in Phase 2 and ordered masks.  If a store lets people in with no mask, they can be fined.  The sheriff here doesn’t support it due to first amendment rights.  It’s mandated and was written to protect all.  So, is he putting the rights of those he needs votes from above the whole county?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal