Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: COVID and You  (Read 2384 times)

Offline Court

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
    • The Reality Buzz
Re: COVID and You
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2021, 01:32:41 PM »
I’m still working full time through COVID. I have to wear a mask at all times, other than eating and drinking, while at work.

I haven’t been vaccinated yet, I’m not sure when I will be. I’m still breastfeeding so I’m not sure I will still be able to once it’s a available to me. I think my line of work is in the second  wave of vaccinations, so maybe in the spring?

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2021, 12:23:27 AM »
We live in a small town with a small clinic. We put our name on the waiting list for the vaccinations, and got an appointment for tomorrow, so I consider myself very fortunate. Hopefully they will get a rapid system going to get them out more quickly before we all turn into mindless zombies--shuffle, drool, creak...

Court, how is the babe? And Aliyah? She must be a young lady by now!

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2021, 02:03:31 AM »
Oh! It so nice to come here and see someone posted. :s_hi:

Court, GREAT to see you again. WE MISS YOU! But, I probably can speak for the other gals when I say that with 2 children and now having gone back to work full time... we do understand. That's why I am so happy to see you here.

And, Marilyn...YES, you are very lucky! Right after we made our app't our doctor's site said not to call for the vaccine. Doing so would tie up phone lines for those who were "just" sick!! To keep checking back all the time on that site...online! 
Tonight we saw, I can't remember exactly where but, somewhere in the tri-state area which covers our news that people were showing up for their vaccine app'ts and they had run out!!!!!
I sure hope this doesn't happen to  us.
We also have to drive quite a long way. I, myself, would never find this place alone.

Well, got the epidural today and ... it numbed my ENTIRE right side. I was panicked. Because this had started happening when I was still there, my foot and leg were numbing ( never happened before)the dr himself walked me out to the waiting room when I told him my husband was there and told him to maybe get me a wheelchair!
I didn't need one I just leaned on him. But, was REALLY frantic when I sat in the lounge chair and my backside was even numb.
I was just about to call him when the phone rang and HE called me.
He focused on my right side with what he did, so .... still have pain from the middle to the left side. Numbness is gone, thank God!
He said I should go to an orthopedic dr. I looked at him and said... "DR ( my pcp) doctor gave me YOUR name to go to. Aren't you an orthopedic dr? He said he was a physiatrist??? )spelling
Give ME a ****** break!!!!
Was so exhausted, I fell asleep in the chair before dinner and twice after dinner. Now, I am wide awake!!!

Marilyn, I already feel like a mindless zombie. It was a year ago this time I had the kidney stone until mid-Feb...and then things closed in March!!!
Had every holiday alone with just hubby.
Christmas day in Bobby's backyard with coat and gloves on and then home.
Just celebrated two granddaughters in each of their backyards!!! Stayed for a bit and home to eat inside.
Haven't seen my older son and family or my sister ... her family since Christmas 2019 and if Kathy hasn't had to come and stay with me when I fell down the stairs and hubby had a golf tournament, I wouldn't have seen her.

So, Yes, please let this be over!!!  And, Marilyn , let us know how you feel.
Most people don't have any reaction. When do you go for 2nd shot?

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2021, 01:04:48 AM »
We had our first shot today, now I'm waiting to see if any reaction.
It was amazing the precision this place had to get groups in , inoculated and out with new people coming in.
Our second shot is scheduled for Feb. 28th.
So glad we went today, because we are having a nor'easter right now with lots of snow predicted. -snowplop-

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2021, 11:36:28 PM »
Yep, you could be in for it. Let us know if you had any side effects. We get our second shot on the 12th, will be so glad to have it over and done with. Just hope I don't get as sick, but even so, I'll put up with it to feel a little safe.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2021, 12:22:55 AM »
Actually, ponytail, I feel achy most of the time with arthritis. Today I didn't see any difference with the aches and I didn't have chills or a low fever.
Watched snow all day... we have almost 2 feet right now and it's still snowing! What a mess.
I have a dr app't tomorrow at around noon, ...don't know if I will make it or if he will cancel as he did yesterday for the app't which was supposed to be today.
Of course, I don't drive, but, I still have to go OUT in this mess.
So, seasonally... I dislike winter and hate heat in summer and in the spring the last 2 years I had a terrible seasonal allergy that put me on prednisone. So, that leaves only FAll!  And, once the leaves change we usually have a freezing , soaking windy rain storm and the pretty leaves are all on the ground! What ya gonna do?  *Nooooo*

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2021, 03:06:19 PM »
We go for our second shot on Sunday. Since, you, ponytail felt the aches and had a fever, you felt the same way my sister did. But, I just read a friend on FB say she had her 2nd shot and was find.
So... I guess I will just have to go and it is what it is.
At least we will have the shots that seem almost impossible for people in NJ to get. They really have been slow finding a system that works.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2021, 11:48:22 PM »
I am hoping this new Johnson and Johnson one shot vaccine will really help speed things along. But you need a good process in place to get them to everyone speedily. Personally, I recommend moving to a small town in Nebraska! We had no trouble at all getting ours, both of them. LOL! My side effects only lasted a day, so well worth it to me to know I am safer.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2021, 01:35:52 PM »
You're funny, ponytail. I'll call the moving trucks right now :72: On my way to Nebraska!!!!
But, you are right... the distribution is ridiculous here.
Hopefully, with this new one they will start a better schedule.
We are on the list for having registered. Only got one email for that saying.... we were on the list.
Of course, we got it , because we happened to be lucky when my sister who vigilantly checked told me to call IMMEDIATELY the next morning at 8:30 at our Medical Group. Hubby and I were on different phones calling and he got through....and we , as I said, had the first shot and now we go for 2nd tomorrow/Sunday.
When they call for us, I will tell them we don't need it any longer. But I don't know who now to tell.
I know Linda and trouble were successful, too.
Maybe because we are such a populated area??? Who the heck knows. I am just feeling fortunate that at least this is one thing I don't have to worry about.... I told you my other worries!
Gloomy day here and after yesterday....gloomy me.
Wish more people were here. We only have one more yr after this starting in June. We have been up for 9 years. If not more busy, I don't think we will continue. ???
I will have to talk to Rowdy. He said he had a way of incorporating our site with his. But, if no one is here...why pay again.
Guess I am just not in a great mood...... Have a nice weekend.  :039:

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2021, 01:11:09 PM »
As of last Friday, we had finished our two week wait after the 2nd vaccine.  Mom wanted church, so we went.  Now Dollar General is on her list.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2021, 11:59:55 PM »
Glad to hear that, Linda. It is so nice to be able to go out and shop for what you want. So tired of online ordering. 3 of us are going to head out to a little town that has a great lunchroom and bakery and a cookie jar collection of 1500 jars next week. It will be nice to go on a little jaunt with the girls. Just seeing fresh scenery will be a treat.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2021, 02:35:18 AM »
Oh ponytail, I want to come.. My friends feel .. well not too well. Everyone of them is older than I am.. DA!
I would love to meet with you at the park, I know, I'd fit in hahahahaha, I would be friendy.. LOL... :'(

Most of our friends in town have moved, others have second homes. We live not far from "the shore" and also the Poconos and most of them have 2nd homes there and are never in town.
My two besties are living a distance. It not a short little jaunt to see them " at the park" and having to drive over an hour to see them.. I don't enjoy highway driving anymore. Highways here are too much for me now. Short drives are ok, but, long ones are too much.

Glad you gals are feeling well and had  your shots. Hugs to you and...if the games are giving you trouble playing it's the new internet.
Rowdy has helped Bonnie and me and l will contact him and ask him to help you.
Bye :039:

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2021, 12:42:33 PM »
okay == been to church twice with social distancing, masks, etc.  One guy refuses to
wear his mask.  Let's just add that to his list of sins which include a child he wouldn't acknowledge.
Have actually gone to DOllar General and Target to do some shopping.  It felt good to be out. 
The county is about 20% vacinnated (or 6% depending on the course).  May were like us and drove the 18 to 20 miles to Orange County to get ourvaccination. 

More later.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2021, 03:13:01 PM »
He without the mask should be fined. I am getting so fed up with these people.
They are so stupid.
We all wouldn't need masks if this covid was eradicated!!!! I hate wearing them, too.
I finally found one I can wear without feeling that I am suffocating. It's called Tommy Copper.
It has a seam around your chin which keeps it from going up over my eyes. Good God sometime I can't see where I'm going.
We were lucky and called at just the right time to our medical group.My sister told me to start calling the minute they opened back in Jan and we were lucky and had both shots.
My daughter was fed up and is one of those people you hear about that has to be a computer wizard and stay online for hours to keep updating her computer.
She started one night and then got up when phones opened at 4:30 am and worked her computer until 11 when a free slot jumped up.
She didn't care where , and drove an hour away from her house. My sil got his at his firehouse.
We had to go about 45 minutes away... and thank goodness my husband knows the highways or I wouldn't have gotten it there. He also being a fireman( volunteer) could have gotten it sooner but, hadn't
They do say that things are going to be getting better. My younger son and his wife got their first shot because a friend has an "in" ?? He is only 40 and she is 39.
But, it's not easy for some seniors. Those without computers don't know the numbers to call or the places to register.
I do think, though, we are on the right path with the vaccinations, but, I see that many states are going up in new covid numbers . This scares me because human nature will have lots of people on beaches in a few months.
Look at this spring break crowd. Don't these kids care about the family members who are home?
I think we will see this for some time to come. I feel like screaming :91:
At least I can do something this year for Easter. Every holiday last year we were home ALONE!
Sorry I got carried away.LOL... it's so nice to have someone to talk to here.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 03:15:00 PM by bacali »

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2021, 12:27:26 AM »
Nebraska had their first covid related lung transplant--a 31 year old man. He was on a respirator permanently and set to move to a care facility. So happy he can go back to a more or less normal life. So much tragedy. I count myself fortunate to have weathered the storm (so far).
Nebraska is now opening up vaccinations to those 16 or older! Yay for us!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal