Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: 9/11 -- WE MUST NOT FORGET  (Read 903 times)

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
9/11 -- WE MUST NOT FORGET
« on: September 11, 2020, 09:54:07 AM »
Today marks 19 years since the 911 tragedy.  It is forever etched in my mind.  I'll never forget what happened and wrote this year's therapeutic rambling on FaceBook this morning.  I will just say this.

Back then I was finishing up my work in soap opera research.  Neither my friend Kathy or I had the heart to continue.  I had made friends at most of the soap magazines in New York and actually could speak with writers in the studios at ABC.  I was also friends with Maggie Storm, the daughter of Michael Storm (Larry Wolek) of One Life to Live.

She emailed me at 9:30 worried sick.  She thought her dad was on a plane.  I calmed her down and later talk to her on the phone (circuits were so busy that day).  He was sitting on the tarmac waiting to taxi when the first plane hit.  His plane took off but had to set down in Louisville, Kentucky..  That as around 11:00 and the first time she knew he was okay.  She called me around 12 and said that he was going to be driving to Chicago.

I have many friends who I worried about that day.  One was very lucky.  He had an audition and had stopped for coffee on the way.  He watched the plane hit from the steps of the coffee shop. 

We can never forget this happened.  We can never forget what was behind it.  We cvannot blame all Muslims for the acts of radicals.   

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: 9/11 -- WE MUST NOT FORGET
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 07:21:08 PM »
I was hone , right across the Hudson River from the Twin Towers. My husband usually flew out of Newark every Wed. morning to travel. This particular week is the Fireman's Convention in Wildwood, NJ( not this year of the pandemic) but, he may have been on one of the hijacked planes, but wasn't traveling.
I saw the smoke and know people who lost their lives. One young fellow was just married with a six month old baby. He and his sister had been in my older children's class. My son, Bobby, was getting ready for school, his friends mother crossed home to NJ covered in soot.
Tonight the beams will shine into the sky and I can see them every year. It's a sorrowful reminder of a terrible day.

I found this a few years ago and with some new members thought it something to post again. Let's hope we can be together as this video shows us that we have it in us all to be a united country!

With all the hate manifested from politics and ideologies today, this video clip makes me so proud to be an American!

One of the most patriotic events of our time. Exceeded even the evacuation of Dunkirk which took almost a week or more This 9/11 evacuation was of 500,000 souls in 9 hours. Impossible, right? No, just watch...

https://www.youtube.com/embed/MDOrzF7B2Kg?rel=0

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal