Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Merry Christmas  (Read 887 times)

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Merry Christmas
« on: December 23, 2020, 03:01:18 PM »
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Although this will be a very , very different Christmas for me and my husband not being able to spend it with our children and grandchildren.... I wish everyone a lovely day.
If we all pray hard enough, maybe God will lift this plague he has put on the earth.
I think most of us have learned our lesson and will appreciate all the things we are blessed with so much more.
Stay safe and ...

Merryxmas-
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 02:34:50 PM by bacali »

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
Re: Merry Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 05:34:14 PM »
 Merryxmas-

As the song goes --

"Step Into Christmas" by Elton John

I'd like to sing about all the things
Your eyes and mind can see
Oh step into Christmas with me
Step into Christmas
Let's join together
We can watch the snow fall forever and ever
Eat, drink and be merry
Come along with me

We need to hold out the hope for a better year.  It's been rough -- 2020 is the Grinch year after all.  We have seen a lot, heard a lot, and had to wrap our mind around a new normal.  Hopefully, all of us have enough food, a warm home, and friends who check on you.  The last is especially helpful to me.  We have basically a limited family but our heart family has been there for us and mom has really appreciated their stopping by and socially distanced with us.  In fact, we all saw the Christmas Star on Monday in an approved manner.

The good news is that I'm almost finished with both books.  Two more chapters to the author of one and the other hasn't sent me final chapters.  I've ahead on the second and will never be ahead on the first.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 06:56:26 PM »
A very Merry Christmas to all of you. This season always, always brings me a sense of peace and hope. It has been a rough year for me and my family, but our flame still burns, and hope and joy in God's message still remains.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2020, 10:26:26 PM »
I'm sitting here now on Christmas Eve waiting to see if we get severe weather.  Mother Nature is teaching the state that we are unpredictable.  While we've had rain all day and 50/60 degree, the mountains have snow (starting at 6:00 PM) and tornado alerts all morning/mid-afternoon.  Once again 2020 hasn't let us down.

But tonight we should be thinking of peace and good will.  So for that I write.

THe night is dark, but you are there
Your star shone bright this week.
You grant us hope and peace amid
A year that's been very bleak.
Oh Lord, please hear our prayers
Many are in need.
Lead us always along the path
Where we given and don't expect to receive.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2020, 12:14:51 AM »
Linda, what a lovely poem and so true.
I hope you don't get snow, the rain is bad enough and we are having torrential rain and very bad winds right now at midnight and before.
Not a fun Christmas Eve day or night at all. But, did watch our Mass streaming on you tube three times this afternoon.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2020, 08:30:49 PM »
Although it is almost over now, Merry
Christmas to all of you.  May our new year be better than this one.   :88: :a035: Merryxmas-
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2020, 12:02:18 AM »
Yes, peace and goodwill. Christmas always brings me hope and a sense of calmness, no matter what the year has thrown at me, and this one was a doozy. I light a candle and think of my young grandson, with sadness but also with gratitude for his precious life, and hope for his comfort in the arms of Jesus.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal