Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Seasonal Allergy  (Read 607 times)

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Seasonal Allergy
« on: April 29, 2021, 12:42:09 AM »
For the last 2 years, I have been miserable when the trees start to bud.
Two years ago, I thought it was a sinus infection and wound up with such head pain I can't describle. I was then put on regime of pills... prednisone and then an antiobiotic.
Last year, I had it happen again. I get stuffed up with an earache and wound up on prednisone again.
Well , for a few days now I am waking up with a headache... so it's starting.
I don't know what to take.
I have Allegra and also tylenol severe sinus.
Doing research I thinkis it's allergic rhinitis or seasonal allergy.
I was sick with this for May into the end of June for 2 years now and don't want it again.

And, going for another epidural tomorrow .. and just got a knee brace. Not ready yet for knee replacement.
Boy am I fading fast.

Anyway what would you use for the head pollen allergy?

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Seasonal Allergy
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2021, 11:58:11 PM »
No clue, sorry to hear this bacali! People I know take Benadryl, but don't know if that would fit your symptoms....

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 05:57:05 PM »
I have found that the best thing to open my head up is Mucinex.  It comes in different forms now - pills, capsules, liquid - and for chest, head, head and chest, night and day etc  Just choose what your head needs.  My doctor told me to take it regularly for sinus congestion which I keep most of the time. 
Sorry I am so long seeing your post to answer what works for me. 
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 02:23:58 AM »
Thanks, Snowbird. I have been taking allegra and found out from the pharmacist today that it should have been allegra D. The D stands for deconestant.
Will try this now.
I feel like a drug store with all the things I take for relief from something.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2021, 02:10:01 AM »
So, since last I posted here, I've been taking allegra D. So far, so good. At least today.
Yesterday I had a terrible pain in my head. it's weird. It's not a headache in my forehead, It's on the very top of my head. All up and down from the front to the back. Hurts alot.
Made me nervous that i would get a horrific headache, so I closed every EVERY thing ... window etc... so pollen wouldn't get in my house.
Some may have seen my congratulatory post to my husband, but, I was so bad, I couldn't go. I missed a very nice dinner and honor for  him, but, I felt so sick.  My head just hurt.
I asked the pharmacy woman how long this "seasonal allergy " lasts and she said until the end of June.
I thought yesterday that I would be calling thd dr again for predisone tomorrow ( Monday).
But, today....with  everything closed ..no headache. :whoo:
And, it's stuffy in the house with all the windows closed.

Oh, and if IindaM is reading this. I asked her to put her BB blog on our site. Hopefully we will get more people  involved here.
Well, 'night. Hugs to you all... 

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2021, 11:50:33 PM »
I hate to live with all closed windows but I have done so for years because of allergies..  I use to enjoy the attic fan in good weather bringing in a breeze but had to close everything up or be sick for weeks at a time in the spring and again in the fall.   I now depend on air conditioning to cool off the house.  It seems like I have to turn off the heat and go to air conditioning overnight.  In fact, there have been days with this crazy weather that I have heated at night and early morning and had to turn on the AC in the afternoon.  :41:
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2021, 03:10:13 AM »
This is exactly what I am having to do. I close everything and put on ac in kitchen with a small fan blowing cool air into the living room where I am sitting and at dinner, I put on living room ac to keep it cool and turn off kitchen ac so it's not too cold for my head. Pain in the neck.

At night I have a huge ac in the bedroom but,don't want it to blow anywhere near me, so I keep ac from top of stairs blowing into my room with a small fan so air feel like it's circulating.

Today, was freezing, but, I'd rather it cold than hot. Pollen was low because it was raining most of the day so peeked open the window a bit.
And we also have an attic fan which would bring in lovely air, if it were not for the pollen. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal