Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: ANY SUMMER PLANS?  (Read 531 times)

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
ANY SUMMER PLANS?
« on: June 02, 2021, 02:59:35 PM »
Now that all the restrictions are lifted, does anyone have any plans for summer? Going somewhere fun?
Let us know all about it!!!

Right now, unfortunately, I have to wait to see what happens with doctor visits. I am especially worried about the new Orthopedic doctors I am going to see in 2 weeks.  Nothing really planned for fun, right now..

This Sat. we may go to our daughter's to celebrate grandson Ryan's 16th birthday. His birthday is Sunday, the 6th, but, it also happens to be "Grandpa's birthday" and Bobby was the first one to invite him for Sunday. He also plans on having the other grandparents and didn't want a whole lot of people, so that meant his sister and brother weren't included. And, I don't blame him at all. It's expensive.
And, Father's day is coming up.
You've got to be quick. hahaha to "name your date".

In case you haven't been listening to commercials. BIG BROTHER starts on July 7th, I believe.
Hopefully, we can all get to talking about this.
I'm afraid that , unless things pick up here, and you want to contact Rowdy( if you have trouble, contact me and I will get him for you, but he has his contact info in our shout )...so you can play in our arcade. this will most likely be our last year for the site.

We never have asked a penny from anyone, but, to keep the site does cost money and day after day I come on here and no one is saying or doing anything anymore.
Oh, I do see ponytail and we are now referring to our site as our personal mailbox!!
And, it's silly to pay the money if we aren't all enjoying something
We never had a huge number of people, but, that was alright. At least, the members we had were active.

Still time to wish THE REALITY BUZZ  a belated  -happybday=

I hope to see you around more... I miss you. :'(

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
Re: ANY SUMMER PLANS?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 07:20:47 PM »
I don't have any vacation plans for the summer.  My niece is coming down to Jekyll Island in July and wanted us to come down and see her.  I would love to as that is a beautiful place but I don't see myself able to get around enough.  I would not be able to walk out on the beach and it would be disappointing to not be able to stick my feet in the water.  The last time I was there I fell flat on my forehead trying to keep my great-grand from washing away!   

I do plan to go to Tennessee to my sister's for our sister reunion.  I dread the drive but am looking forward to the visit. 

A late  :happybirthday3: to The Reality Buzz.  I hope we can have a game and a lot of posting during BB.   :whoo:
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2021, 09:47:12 PM »
I'm afraid my days of globe trotting are over. Maybe a weekend away now and then. The kiddos are going to Hawaii again in August, but it's too much travel time for me. Two hour drive to the airport, a 1 1/2 hour flight to Phoenix, 6 hour flight to Hawaii, plus the layovers...no thank you! I am going to live vicariously! My good friend/travel buddy is taking her grand daughter on a trip through the national parks of Colorado and Utah, then Las Vegas, and Sacramento. How I would love to go with her again somewhere. Maybe in the fall we'll go to Texas. Hope you are all able to enjoy seeing America this summer!

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2021, 02:12:44 AM »
Oh, how I understand you both. But we all have each other as long as we have our beloved site.

We went to Wildwood NJ , for several years with the kids. The last few I started having trouble walking. The beach is wonderful but soooo far to get to the ocean. I just back then couldn't do it.
The last time we went was about 5 years ago and it wasn't as much fun with just hubby and me. And, Snowbird, as you said.. .. couldn't put my toes in the ocean. Couldn't get there.
So, Bobby and family have moved on to other trips, islands in the Carribbean ... plus going to dl's cousin's
Fla home... so, we aren't going to rent an expensive condo when ... yours truly has all these problems.

I would love , though, to take a drive and see the ocean. And, have a nice seafood dinner.
ponytail, that's all the America I would really be happy to see this summer.
I just have to wait to see all these dr results.

We should rename our site??? LOL  The Old Ladies Reality  Buzz !  Sad, huh?
Anyway, as we said, hope we get more people on with BB. Linda M, as i told you said she would put her blog on here.

So glad to talk to you...  :039:

Offline cak416

• Gold Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2021, 03:33:20 PM »
Hi Everyone!
Just returned from a week in Ocean City, NJ, with my longtime beach buddies. It was very different this year....the beach is the same but many favorite places to eat or visit are now closed. Did stick my toes in the sand, but I'm just not enjoying 5 hours on the beach reading like I used to. The weather was very good, but the week dragged. I really missed my better half a lot, and decided tithe after 20 some years, this would be my last beach getaway with the ladies. Now onto something new!  I hope to be here often to discuss the new BB season...I am looking forward to it!!

Colleen

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2021, 12:25:46 PM »
So good to see you cak--and I'm glad you will be joining us for the BB season again!

We all need personal assistants to wheel us around and get us to where we need to be, myself included! I am reduced to lunches with friends and visits with family--and the kiddos are taking off on their own as you say, bacali. Hiking, water sports, even games and concerts are just not in my range anymore. Our senior years we live vicariously I guess...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal