Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: BB 24 -- Week One -- An Open Letter to CBS  (Read 215 times)

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
BB 24 -- Week One -- An Open Letter to CBS
« on: July 12, 2022, 10:41:33 PM »
ig Brother Week One – An Open Letter to CBS

I did not take the live feed of Big Brother this year and I’m glad I didn’t.  First, this year’s cast is a let-down after last year’s cast.  Last year was all-stars from the start.  They were friendly.  They didn’t go out to gossip or destroy each other.  The alliances were made but did not intentional set out with one person in their sights.  Frenchie tried to be inclusive yet had to go back on his word and his apology was sincere.

Secondly, this year’s cast looks like someone had a “call-sheet” of characters that needed to be added.  They tried to cast the type of people from season 21 and before.  For year’s the cast has been one of of the most annoying things that fans have complained about.  And sometimes what comes out of their mouth show their bias and the fact that they use said bias to get house guests out.  Last year’s crew were the most friendly, most concerned cast for others feelings.  There were no noticeable clicks like the “Mean Girls” that are showing up this year.  And many of these contestants could pass for cousins.  I’m not going to try to call any contestant out unless they get on my last nerve (which most of these probably will).

That said, let’s get into the weekly series.

So with the premiere on July 6th, we find out the theme is BB Fest.  Now when I think of “Fest” I think of a three day, music rich celebration.  So, this is definitely not a festival.  It looks to be a the poor carnival which comes across seedy.  The house is the BB Motel (but everyone doesn’t get a private room).  When the houseguests enter, they are put into three teams of “Port-a-Potty,” “Piercing”, and “Merchandise.”  One person, “Pooch,” gets the free ticket to be the “Back Stage Manager.”

During the HoH competition, I do feel sorry for the Port-a-Potty group.  I do hope that BB provided them with either replacement clothes or their outfits were costume (hopefully costumes).  In “Potty Party,” They got splashed with blue fuid during their event if they couldn’t answer a question.  The Piercing tent and Merchandise group got off easy.  Piercing played “Piercing Panic” and had to attach “pieces” to their face.  The last group, “Merchandise” had to hang from a t-shirt.  Personally, I think this game was rigged as the card reader wouldn’t have had their name and it seemed to come up fast where they were going.

Now, it’s time for the HoH game to start.  It is called “Drumming for Power” and a drum must be assembled.  Daniel wins as putting this together the fastest.  Both he and Pooch are safe from eviction this week.  Daniel, as HoH, will have the room and nominate two to go up for eviction. Pooch is back stage manager (think carnie) and gets to pick three houseguests who can’t play in the Power of Veto game or vote but can be sent home.  The Have Nots are

Sunday’s show is the usual meet and greet.  Note to Big Brother, the forming of alliances is too early especially with the HoH setting himself up with Nicole for a final two.  You know I said I wouldn’t talk about contestants but I have to say this.  I don’t like Paloma and Alyssa calling Taylor “Pageant Girl.”  And Paloma is proven to be a Mean Girl when she starts setting Taylor up for eviction because she’s always “hanging with the guys.”  Of course, that’s not the excuse but that’s what they show on the television programming.  Twitter was upset, as was the Today show on NBC, with the real live feed reasons being stated (especially the contestants from last season).  Paloma has been seen on live-feed spreading rumors about Taylor talking about people.  This is going back to season 21 and wasn’t liked.  (See NBC’s Today show https://www.today.com/popculture/popculture/big-brother-taylor-hale-racism-bullying-season-24-rcna37727.)

In the HoH Ceremony, Daniel nominates Terrace and Michael.  He tells them that he got along with them but they haven’t spoken to Daniel.  He adjourns the group  Daniel wants Michael out but we all know how that goes.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
Re: BB 24 -- Week One -- An Open Letter to CBS
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2022, 08:58:51 PM »
The final version:

Big Brother Week One – An Open Letter to CB

(Note:  I know this is long and not a traditional recap but I’m doing Riverdale on Sunday.  Since the show started on a Wednesday, the weekly update will be Wednesday to Wednesday with the one  Thursday show starting the next recap.)

I did not take the live feed of Big Brother this year and I’m glad I didn’t.  First, this year’s cast is a let-down after last year’s cast.  Last year was all-stars from the start.  They were friendly.  They didn’t go out to gossip or destroy each other.  The alliances were made but did not intentional set out with one person in their sights.  Frenchie tried to be inclusive yet had to go back on his word and his apology was sincere.

Secondly, this year’s cast looks like someone had a “call-sheet” of characters that needed to be added.  They tried to cast the type of people from season 21 and before.  For year’s the cast has been one of of the most annoying things that fans have complained about.  And sometimes what comes out of their mouth show their bias and the fact that they use said bias to get house guests out.  Last year’s crew were the most friendly, most concerned cast for others feelings.  There were no noticeable clicks like the “Mean Girls” that are showing up this year.  And many of these contestants could pass for cousins.  I’m not going to try to call any contestant out unless they get on my last nerve (which most of these probably will).

That said, let’s get into the weekly series (and things I see questionably).

So with the premiere on July 6th, we find out the theme is BB Fest.  Now when I think of “Fest,” CBS, I think of a three day, music rich celebration.  So, this is definitely not a festival.  It looks to be a the poor carnival with a back stage con.  Let’s call it seedy.  The house is the BB Motel (but everyone doesn’t get a private room).  When the houseguests enter, they are put into three teams called “Port-a-Potty,” “Piercing”, and “Merchandise.”  One person, “Pooch,” gets the free ticket to be the “Back Stage Manager.” By the way CBS, I honestly think you need to look into this process.  The names and “games” came up relatively fast and could have been rigged.

During the HoH competition, I do feel sorry for the Port-a-Potty group.  I do hope that CBS or BB provided them with either replacement clothes or their outfits were costume (hopefully costumes).  In “Potty Party,” They got splashed with blue fluid during their event if they were last answering the question.  The Piercing tent and Merchandise group got off easy.  Piercing played “Piercing Panic” and had to attach “pieces” to their face.  “Merchandise” had to hang from a t-shirt (and that game was extremely short).

Now, it’s time for the HoH game to start.  It is called “Drumming for Power” and a drum must be assembled.  No big complaint here.  Daniel wins.  Both he and Pooch are safe from eviction this week.  Daniel, as HoH, will have the room and nominate two to go up for eviction. Pooch, as backstage manager (think carnie), gets to pick three houseguests as backstage workers who can’t play in the Power of Veto game or vote but can be sent home.  This is great but as backstage workers (Paloma, Brittany, and Alyssa), they should have had some special “chores” to do.  Instead, they seem to run their mouths.  And who did Daniel assign to “have nots.”  The volunteers (yes, volunteers) were  Joseph, Michael, Monte and Kyle.

Sunday’s show is the usual meet and greet (and boring as usual).  Note to Big Brother and CBS, isn’t it too early for alliances.  I know you can’t control these, but it does get annoying when they run and become part of ten alliances on the first day.  You know I said I wouldn’t talk about contestants but I have to say this.  I don’t like Paloma and Alyssa calling Taylor “Pageant Girl.”  And Paloma has proven herself to be a Mean Girl when she starts setting Taylor up for eviction because she’s always “hanging with the guys.”  Of course, that’s not the excuse but that’s what they show as the reason on the television.  If you don’t want Twitter to reveal the truth, drop the live feeds (which will definitely end the show).  Both Twitter and fans were upset with NBC’s Today show dealing with the real reasons Taylor is the target.  Paloma has been seen on live-feeds spreading rumors about Taylor talking about people.  This is going back to season 21 and wasn’t liked.  (See NBC’s Today show https://www.today.com/popculture/popculture/big-brother-taylor-hale-racism-bullying-season-24-rcna37727.)

In the HoH Ceremony, Daniel nominates Terrace and Michael.  He tells them that he didn’t want to nominate them but they just hadn’t really “spoken” to Daniel.  He adjourns the group and in Diary Room, Daniel tells us that he wants Michael out.  (Please stop with the filler, CBS and BB.  You could save a night of programming by giving us less shows with more details.)

Wednesday, July 13, saw the usual scramble CBS.  All the fans that follow spoilers (or those who provide them) know who won the POV and figured out who would go up.  Honestly, I’m not upset with this knowledge but wish the “powers that be” would realize that all these guests have big mouths.  Oh, and the narration takes much too long away from the show.

Daniel claims to be a superfan as does Michael.  If they are superfans, they just haven’t realized how superfans are sometimes the first to go.  The game changes as personalities meld and situations develop.  Paloma is working her strategy for herself first then the girl alliance.  At least Alyssa realizes the backstage girls can still go up.  Also, why do they always use the term “pawn?” Wouldn’t scapegoat be better?

Whoops, I guess you forgot not to warn them about being too flashy or fashion forward.  Either the others get jealous or fans get the wrong impression.  If they were told, I guess Taylor didn’t get the memo.  Also, CBS, you need to work on the sound.  I know how sound works and even though they’re talking low to each other, you can change it for broadcast. 

The Veto competition plays such an important role but enthusiasm is lacking by Daniel, the HoH.  I guess there will be no question of the names in the box.  CBS, you should show all the remaining names to keep it legit.  Daniel chooses Indy.  Michael has Turner and Terance gets Ameera.  At least Michael psychs himself up thinking of her favorite players.  The game will be centered on a medieval theme with food and drink for the non-participants.  Paloma looks bored while eating a turkey leg.  The MC is trying (and I mean trying) to do an accent but fails.  I can’t tell you what he said the name was but the theme is jousting.  The ones with the most rings in a three ride match wins.  The horses look like adult rocking horses that run on a track.  Let’s just say, Islay wins against Turner, Ameerah against against Terrance, and Michael against Daniel.  Daniel isn’t happy because if Michael win, Daniel gets “blood on his hands.”  To no one’s surprise, CBS, Michael wins.  Daniel now has to name a renom. 

Of course, we knew what would happen CBS.  The “Mean Girls” club meets, and it seems like they suspect the guys are targeting the girls.  When Taylor arrives, all seem to go quiet but does question the guys behavior.  Taylor doesn’t quite realize how the “Mean Girls” club works.  Paloma, as the leader admits in Diary Room, that she doesn’t think Taylor fits and will ruin her game.  Thus the lies and the rumors start with Paloma’s lies and tears.  The others don’t know what to believe but with Paloma always in their ears.  We get it.  Her talk got Taylor up. Since Daniel says the house wants Taylor gone, she’s going up and does.  At least he tells her face to face.

CBS, I think I speak for many fans.  After the good cast last year, why did we get this sideshow this year.  There are some with potential, but there are some that do not deserve the screen time they are being given.  Also, while the comps are cute, the equipment (like jousting lances) look like a float toy from the swimming pool.  (By the way, isn’t there a water shortage.)  So, where did the budget go.  Certainly not into the house or the first comps.  Also, you need to check and see if all players did the diversity training.  I’m just not seeing it!

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2022, 04:04:24 AM »
Great blog, Linda, but I don't totally agree. This is why we have discussions.
I didn't particularly like the way the "cookout" aligned last season and had it been an all white group against them and picking them off one by one and then winning, it probably would have made the news.
I am not at all racist. I like each and every houseguest equally when they enter the house, and wait to see them interact with the other hgs.
Right now, I like them all.
This season, I have only watched the 2 aired shows and haven't even watched this last show ( Wed).
Some of the hgs I haven't even heard their voice yet.
So much do I appreciate your blog and please continue it... but, I have to watch more of the show to decide who I like or dislike. 
But a very wonderful blog. Thanks so much.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2022, 10:16:17 AM »
Last night's episode -- a special edition

Big Brother 24 --- Special Update Edition for Wednesday Night, July 13, 2022

As I mentioned last night, I will not be recapping each show in the series on CBS.  I am covering Riverdale and it won’t end until the end of July.  I honestly am thinking of doing it as a weekly letter to CBS as to how to fix the show but tonight, I will focus on what they show on television of the drama that went down in the house last night.

Reports are that the feeds got killed around the same time as the show on the East Coast ended Wednesday.  I trust the group of recappers I read, and I honestly had problems with the Paramount+ so I dropped it.  I have too much on my plate to watch the feeds.  But nights like last night are the reason I liked them.  For some reason (whether production or Paloma herself), she went into the Diary Room and disappeared.  She was seen on Tuesday night spending long periods of time in the Diary Room and there was speculations that she would leave.  Apparently, it is true.  She left and no one really knows why so we wait for the live show and hopefully find out.  I just happened to check Twitter before bed and got caught up in reading of the drama.

CBS, if you are reading this, please correct Julie Chen Moonves.  She said that the live feeders who dedicate hours to the show influenced the attitudes inside the house.  My question to  Julie, Big Brother and CBS is this:  How can these dedicated feeders be influencing the gamers based on  observations when the house is cut off from the outside world?  And Julie, I believe in God but I know that people must face their actions so the “interviews” you did today offended me and many others.  Polite society know how to treat people who are hurting.

Tonight, CBS Julie opens with “expect the unexpected” but do we need narration.  Everyone turning in wants dirt – er – I mean information about last night.  (This recap has always gotten on my last nerve.)  Let’s be honest.  Paloma may have started telephone but Monte made the first connection.  The game spread due to a misunderstanding of Monte.

Julie welcomes us and the first thing is the Backstage twist.  It has changed.  Instead we go back to the recap and that the reason he gave Taylor hurt more (being unwelcomed).  Paloma is getting an edit that she is the schemer (which is probably right).  She comes across as being able to lie and maniplate people but seem sincere.  Taylor tells us she likes Paloma but  loma doesn’t have Taylor’s best interest at heart.  Taylor goes on a fact-finding trip and all roads lead to Monte then Paloma.  Can we say the other houseguests are covering their tracks (why, I don’t know).  CBS, you need to add something here to protect against this.  I know lying is part of the game play but Monte and Paloma took it too far.  It needs to be stopped before character assassination happens.

Forget the alliance story (it will all change) get to the nitty-gritty we tuned in for tonight.  Are they trying to make Paloma the villain?  All of them carry blood on their hands.  No matter what Julie says, there will be questions that they need to answer after the show.  Also, forget the backstage plotting.  No one knows where that is going.  And at the 9:19 point, I am only hearing yadda, yadda, yadda and could care less. 

Julie finally announces that we are getting to why the departure (scary, did she say?).  Julie says the house can be challenging.  Paloma talks about not sleeping (only 2 to 4 hours a night)  She’s in the Diary Room talking of being exhausted.  She is presented as so wrapped up in the game that is all she thinks about.  She mentions delusions and think her mental health is suffering (the others agree).  CBS, this is a first.  The houseguests encourages her to seek help and Paloma goes to the Diary Room where she cries and sleeps.  Finally, Daniel calls all to the living room for an announcement.  He tells all that Paloma has left the game for personal reasons.  She loves all of them and all breaks down.  Monte offers a pray for Paloma and asks that America not judge her.  (First, Big Brother and CBS!  A change to the contract they sign please.  Put a note that the second they enter the house, their actions and words will be judged on social media and the news.  Even NBC wrote about this.)   

Julie wishes Paloma well.  Now, we learn that Brittany is safe by fan votes by fans but with Paloma out of the game, the show has changed.  We go to the living room and Julie tells all it has been an emotional week.  Paloma left for “personal reasons.”  This week, five were in jeopardy of going home.  The original plan would not have had a vote and then the one “evicted” would battle the backstage losers over eviction.  No vote on who would leave because the loser of the contest would go home.  The backstage twist was to send one home but not necessarily a nominee.  Since Paloma has left, everything changes.  The Backstage twist is gone.  Alyssa and Brittany are safe.  The nominees are safe.

Julie announces the game continues with the battle for HoH.  All are told to go outside.  The game will be in the backyard and the power is up for grab.  Daniel can’t play.  They must leave the backstage area for a new festival.  Only seven can go to the new backstage.  Seven races occur.  If they win a race, they may be HoH.  It’s called “Bye, Bye Backstage.”  They must race across an obstacle course.  They must reach a stage and hit the buzzer.  Daniel draws the names.  The ones competing for HoH (later) will be Michael (beat Pooch), Taylor (beat Alyssa), Joseph (beat Indy), Ameerha (beats Brittany), Jasmine (beat Terrance) (Jasmine is down, she’s hurt in the ankle area), and Kyle (beat Turner).  The last contestants both have trouble with the course but Monte beats Nicole.

Julie announces another twist next Thursday.  So will this really be a regular week?  CBS, make sure Jasmines gets proper medical care).  And I’m out until next Thursday (unless major developments happen).

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2022, 10:17:51 AM »
Oh, there were complaints about the CookOut.  The major reason it wasn't as loud was it wasn't so obvious.  The HoHs didn't seem to realize and were even handed in the noms and the Cookout won comps when they had to do so.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal