Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Let's Make a Story  (Read 8675 times)

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Let's Make a Story
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2017, 11:20:28 AM »
January...that long cold month ...that seems to never end....she thought about him again ....

(Continuing, we'll see how far this goes!)

rolled over, sat up, and slid her feet into her fuzzy purple slippers. She hoped she would see him today, the same thing she had been saying to herself for 2 months now.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2017, 07:03:17 PM »
Her feet felt like ice cubes even in the slippers as she crossed to her window and drew back the curtains only to see...nothing. There was nothing outside her window! Not the tree she and he had carved their names into so long ago, not her bird feeder or her rose bush. She ran to her front door and after a brief struggle she tugged it open only to stumble back as a small avalanche of white tumbled into her home. That must've been quite the snowstorm she slept through.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2017, 01:20:11 AM »
All this time she had longed to see him but he had never returned. 
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2017, 11:15:28 AM »
But wait! What was that she heard? Is something shoveling a path through the snow to her front door?! Something or ...someone?

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2017, 12:13:49 AM »
She flung open the door and it was him!  Yes, it was him but there was something very different about him and she almost felt afraid.
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2017, 08:58:33 AM »
For when she went to embrace him she felt cold steel on her back. Yes he had returned, but why in heck did he have a hook for a hand now?

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2017, 11:19:37 AM »
He was silent as she lead him inside.  When he sat down in the chair that she always felt was his alone he said, "I cannot stay.  I'm being followed."

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2017, 11:05:26 PM »
"But my darling who is following you and why?" she asked him. "I made a terrible mistake my darling!" he cried, "I made a deal I didn't understand and now he wants his payment!"

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2017, 12:49:10 PM »
"He already took my hand," he said, "and now he wants a leg". 
"I will hide you, my darling, where he will never find you." she said while holding his hook of a hand.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2017, 06:10:36 PM »
As they ran ,with his hook in her hand, she wondered...was she doing the right thing?
Suppose he caught them both......
She couldn't lose her own hands...she had such beautiful rings, how would she wear them?

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2017, 10:11:54 AM »
He said he would hide her, but did it have to be inside a crypt at graveyard? At least he left her a book to read and a few candles.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2017, 12:23:47 PM »
She read the title of the book.  Julamay Loves Chancey by Bonnie Snow it said on the cover. (got to put in a commercial plug ) -rollinglaugh-
She began to read when she heard footsteps outside.  Was he coming back or was this the person who cut of his hand? 
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 12:25:33 PM by Snowbird »

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2017, 11:10:23 PM »
She fought down a panic attack as she heard the footsteps come closer to her. Visions of a life without hands (or rings) flashed through her brain as she crawled back into the darkest shadows of the crypt. She nearly feinted when the door to her cryptic hiding place began to creak open to reveal... the caretaker. "Dang rotten hooligans!" the caretaker muttered as he crossed over to the candlelit corner and started snuffing out the candles. "Hmm", he said, picking up the book, "'Julamay Loves Chancey'... whelp I hope this one is better than Eat, Pray, Love." he said tucking the book under his arm as he exited the crypt. She sighed with relief and began feeling her way back towards the candles, hoping he had left her matches, when a terrifying click echoed throughout the stone crypt...the caretaker had locked her inside.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal