Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 111047 times)

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #555 on: December 12, 2013, 02:42:31 PM »
-rollinglaugh-

:16:

Yeah, I bet that was a big disappointment--boohoo! Well there's the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition to look forward to I guess. Maybe you can find some suitable swim wear...

-rollinglaugh-    This I'd like to see !!

Offline Prairie Dawn

• Buzzified
« Reply #556 on: December 13, 2013, 10:26:15 AM »
I know Victoria's Secret.........but I will never tell.  :72:

Offline Cookie Monster

• Gold Bee
« Reply #557 on: December 13, 2013, 10:35:17 AM »
I once knew Victoria, maybe that is the seceret? :85: :d030: -Console- -loll -Dancekick-

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #558 on: December 13, 2013, 12:22:12 PM »
-rollinglaugh-

:16:

Yeah, I bet that was a big disappointment--boohoo! Well there's the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition to look forward to I guess. Maybe you can find some suitable swim wear...

-rollinglaugh-    This I'd like to see !!

Okay, Okay, have a good laugh at the Prankster's expense.  He will have you know he looks quite stylish and svelte in his leopard-skin Speedos. -rollinglaugh-

BTW, SI used to be so much more than just a swimsuit issue.  During its golden age (60s and 70s) it boasted a lineup of regular writers, De Ford, Creamer, Gilbert, Jenkins et al., that was among the best of any magazine of any genre.  These were excellent writers who happened to write about sports.  De Ford's lyrical prose, at its best, soared to the level of near-poetry.  Jenkins wrapped his keen insights and incredible wit in a folksy, down-home style.  Jenkins wrote the sports classic, Semi Tough, a fictional sarcastic parody of professional football that remains one of the funniest books the Prankster has ever read.  These writers wrote straight sports journalism, but they also wrote feature articles on subjects which had only tangential relevance to the world of sports.  Many times they wrote about sports as it related to society at large and the human experience.

The Prankster devoured each issue of SI during this period.  He laments the rapidly dwindling numbers of this breed of sportswriters.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #559 on: December 15, 2013, 08:15:06 PM »
The Washington Redskins got into the Xmas spirit early this year.  Seven turnovers to a team that had 12 takeaways for the SEASON.   Merry Xmas Atlanta!  Different quarterback, same result.  Pass the Advil....and the ambien.

Offline Prairie Dawn

• Buzzified
« Reply #560 on: December 16, 2013, 09:59:49 AM »
Chili dogs with extra cheese and onions and a sprinkle of metameucil......any thoughts........ -rollinglaugh-

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #561 on: December 16, 2013, 12:13:56 PM »
Chili dogs with extra cheese and onions and a sprinkle of metameucil......any thoughts........ -rollinglaugh-
-rollinglaugh- -rollinglaugh- -rollinglaugh-

ummm.....My kingdom for a throne room?

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #562 on: December 17, 2013, 01:05:39 AM »
Hmmm, just thinking as I was looking in the bathroom mirror that I look pretty young! At night, in a flattering light, with a foggyish mirror...with my glasses off.....oh well!  -rollinglaugh-

Offline Prairie Dawn

• Buzzified
« Reply #563 on: December 17, 2013, 12:16:00 PM »
Hmmm, just thinking as I was looking in the bathroom mirror that I look pretty young! At night, in a flattering light, with a foggyish mirror...with my glasses off.....oh well!  -rollinglaugh-

I need to try that!  -rollinglaugh-

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #564 on: December 19, 2013, 02:35:03 PM »
Sitting here watching a little fella take a nap... such peace in his little world.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #565 on: December 22, 2013, 07:36:21 PM »
Seven in a row.  The Prankster thought that the ball boy and timekeeper had a very good game.  Looks like the Redskins will have at least a top three draft pick.  Oh, that's right, Iggy traded it away in order to move up and draft RGIII.  Merry Christmas St. Louis! <sigh>

Offline Sergeant Prankster

• Gold Bee
« Reply #566 on: December 23, 2013, 06:16:18 PM »

Say Hi to Bao Bao, the newest addition to the National Zoo.  He should be available for public viewing starting in mid to late January.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #567 on: December 23, 2013, 09:00:21 PM »
"Hi , Bao Bao."
He's so adorable... he doesn't even look real.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #568 on: December 29, 2013, 06:19:40 PM »
Yesterday was my youngest daughter's birthday.  Today is one of my granddaughter's birthday and my grandson-in-law's birthday.  January 1st is my grandson's birthday.  Too many birthdays too close to Christmas.
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #569 on: December 30, 2013, 12:18:34 PM »
Snow---simple solution----move Xmas.

The next two weekends are the best in the NFL season.  The Prankster's prognostications for the NFL Playoffs:

Dark Horses:  None (would have been the Steelers but they got jobbed by the refs in the KC-SD game)

NFC Conference Championship----Seattle and SF
AFC Conference Championship----Denver and NE

Super Bowl------Denver and Seattle---Champion----Denver (24-23)

Peyton Manning enters the conversation as a solid candidate for the greatest QB ever.

Anyone else care to take a shot?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal