Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 108939 times)

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #840 on: July 12, 2017, 12:22:25 AM »
Me too!

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #841 on: July 17, 2017, 11:48:55 PM »
California here I come!

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #842 on: August 08, 2017, 05:15:21 PM »
Make no mistake, the North Korean missile crisis is the most serious threat to the US since the Cuban missile crisis.  Unfortunately, a peaceful resolution appears to rest primarily in the hands of China.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #843 on: August 08, 2017, 06:18:37 PM »
Good golly! Fire and Fury like we've never seen. I am thinking our leader has something in common with the GoT universe... glad I have no soldiers in Korea and that they are safe at home, worried for those who are there, and for the citizens of Seoul. Someone needs to be able to control our prez...... :c029:

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #844 on: August 08, 2017, 10:10:30 PM »
"Fire and Fury!"  MP wonders whether Trump is summoning Dany and Drogon, Ponytail. Yikes!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 10:18:44 PM by Merry Prankster »

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #845 on: August 08, 2017, 11:49:02 PM »
Make no mistake, the North Korean missile crisis is the most serious threat to the US since the Cuban missile crisis.  Unfortunately, a peaceful resolution appears to rest primarily in the hands of China.

Yes, it does...and from what I've been listening to tonight on cable news, they seem to think that this may finally happen...force China's hand.
All I know we can do is pray and hope that some rationale exists.
Both countries seem to have hot heads as leaders.
And with News like this....I don't need to watch GOT. LOL

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #846 on: August 10, 2017, 05:52:59 PM »
MP's advice to America:  "Duck and cover!"

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #847 on: August 10, 2017, 06:02:03 PM »
MP's advice to America:  "Duck and cover!"

My advice...... :25:

Offline Whitesox71

• Gold Bee
« Reply #848 on: August 11, 2017, 09:24:38 PM »
 -Americanflag- -LOL-

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #849 on: August 15, 2017, 08:50:29 PM »
Went grocery shopping today...walked out of the store with my purchases and was greeted by a...camel, 2 goats, and a pair of llamas. LOL! The local zoo had set up a petting zoo, and petting zoos aren't just for kids, so I got my pets in, too. The camel tried to steal my bag of veggies!

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #850 on: August 16, 2017, 02:02:48 AM »
Went grocery shopping today...walked out of the store with my purchases and was greeted by a...camel, 2 goats, and a pair of llamas. LOL! The local zoo had set up a petting zoo, and petting zoos aren't just for kids, so I got my pets in, too. The camel tried to steal my bag of veggies!

-LOL- That's so funny. I can't imagine having this on the way out of the grocery store.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #851 on: October 03, 2017, 01:19:17 PM »
Las vegas...

This animal had at least 42 guns he purchased LEGALLY and thousands of rounds of ammunition.  If someone plans to blow away hundreds of innocent people MP supposes that he needs both.  Thank God for the Second Amendment.  MP sleeps better at night knowing that the Congress and the Supreme Court will fight to their last breath to defend a gun owner’s right to own an unlimited number of guns and ammo.  After all, there must be sound public policy reasons for a gun owner to have 42 guns, although MP is hard-pressed to think of any.     Wait a sec, what about defending one’s home?  One could put a gun in every room, every closet, behind the toilets, under the dog’s bed, at the bottom of the kids’ toy box (with appropriate safeguards, of course!), in the car’s glove compartment, under one’s pillow, under one’s spouse’s pillow, under the sink, under the crib, etc.  Also, think about this:  what if the first 41 guns jam?  You will thank your lucky stars for number 42, home defender.   One never knows when or where one will stumble upon an unwanted intruder in one’s castle.  Thank you, NRA.    PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE, NOT GUNS.    This must be especially true when the killer wants to kill hundreds of people from the 32nd floor of a hotel, over 500 yards away from the nearest target.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #852 on: October 03, 2017, 04:31:41 PM »
I once had an argument for days exactly along these lines where this reasoning was brought up.There's a term for this reasoning, but I can't remember what it is. We can take it further and apply it to every human tool we use to make our lives better....I say lawn mowers don't mow grass, people mow grass.  #4846 Saddened, disgusted, outraged, flabbergasted and stunned.

I am in a family of gun owners, hunters, and target shooters. It's not that I don't know the value of the second amendment or am against it. Hoping that a sense of sanity will prevail, but if nothing was done after Sandy Hook, I am sure nothing will be done this time.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #853 on: October 04, 2017, 05:58:26 PM »
Believe it or not, MP is not opposed to the Second Amendment or to gun ownership but he does support common-sense restraints on guns and gun ownership.  For example, can someone explain to MP why it is legal for someone to purchase more than 40 guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition when the person is not a gun collector?  Can someone explain to MP why the sale of kits to convert semi-automatic weapons to near fully automatic is legal in most states?  Why are state/federal background checks not required for private sales/gun show sales when such sales account for an estimated 40% of annual gun sales?    Can someone explain to MP the public policy rationale behind legislation pending in Congress that would:

Loosen the restrictions on purchasing  noise-suppression devices for guns, i.e., silencers.   The ostensible rationale is that gunfire noise generated by hunters is impairing their hearing.  Seriously?  Has anyone ever told hunters about a recent technological breakthrough known as ear plugs? 

Make armor-piercing bullets easier to purchase.  Has wildlife started wearing kevlar vests?  Do tanks and humvees keep getting in-between hunters and their prey?  Is there an epidemic of kevlar-clad street thugs preying upon ordinary citizens?  Have clay pigeons started wearing   kevlar?  CONGRESS, YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!

The answer can be found in three simple letters:  NRA, and in the Congresspeople (overwhelmingly Republican) who receive its' shekels and do its' bidding.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #854 on: November 16, 2017, 09:33:15 PM »
Earlier today, I was having a long discussion with my 3 year old Granddaughter, Ava.
She was fixing her dolls and we were talking about their clothes and I thought to ask her,
 "Ava, how , with all the dolls that you have do you choose which ones you bring over to my house each week?
With her big blue eyes, as serious as it gets, she looked at me and...she said.......
 " I just ask them. I say, "I'm going to Grandma's tomorrow, who wants to come....and they raise their hands".

Now wasn't "Grandma" stupid ....not to know this?  :88:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal