Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Argo  (Read 2087 times)

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Argo
« on: February 23, 2013, 11:54:06 PM »
If you have not seen this film you must make a point of doing so asap! Wow--talk about suspenseful, quick paced, thrilling, heart stopping, and again, a film based on historic face. Argo is about the hostage crisis in Iran in 1980. Some of us remember this well, some of us weren't even born! Six of the embassy personnel escaped to the Canadian embassy where they were hidden until they could be rescued by a CIA agent posing as a film producer for a fake sci-fi movie called Argo. The elaborate planning, deceptions, kinks, and bravery of all concerned made for a wonderful wonderful picture. Hope it wins an Oscar for best picture!

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Argo
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 12:10:15 AM »
I remember it well, and hope I can get a chance to go see it. I remember the hostages being released, since I had just had a baby and was up ..all night with a newborn at the time. 

Offline Court

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
    • The Reality Buzz
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 02:42:26 PM »
This one looks like a good movie! I'll probably see it when it comes out on DVD

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 02:23:26 AM »
I finally rented this movie... fantastic and breath taking. And to think this is based on fact.
Of course I remember the hostages paraded with blindfolds through the streets of Iran, but, I vaguely remember the 6 the movie was all about.
When I saw the picture with Pres. Carter, I do remember the Canadian gov. being thanked for their help...but, since this was classified until the Clinton Administration...none of us knew all this had happened.
But...great movie!!! Argo

Offline Court

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
    • The Reality Buzz
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 01:12:33 PM »
According to sources, we Canadians did a lot more than shown in the movie.  It was a big thing here, how we helped more than was shown. Ben Afflect thanked us for our involvement at an award show.

Offline Cookie Monster

• Gold Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 06:02:00 PM »
I thought the movie was great, but I thought it was not as good as some of the other great films that did not get as much praise.  The Impossible about the tusanami was one and silver linings and I have yet to see it but will soo and I think it will be too is zero dark thirty.
But I am just a big movie buff and critic -Bee- :72: :29:

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 11:11:05 PM »
I'm glad that you mentioned these movies. I had wanted to see the tsunami movie, too.
May also check into the other two if they are good  :13:
Funny, but we rarely go to the movies. ...crowded and wayyyyy too much money ( Took one of the kids to see The Lorax in 3 D and it cost $43 for tickets...thought husband would have a coronary!!).  -loll
BUT, when ponytail mentioned she saw Argo ..On Demand... I looked and ...there it was. So I watched it and hubby came in late..and watched it before the 24 hr period was over.
I just forget to look ...but,they are all there.

So you like our Smileys...do you? :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Offline Cookie Monster

• Gold Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 02:48:20 PM »
Yes I so do love the smileys :1rij: :49: :P :103:
I do not go to the movies that much, watch at home is better  :72:

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 06:11:49 PM »
The Town is also a good movie by Affleck.  It's good to see him back completely after his "JLo" period. :bravo_2:

Offline Prairie Dawn

• Buzzified
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 08:43:43 PM »
The Town was a fantastic movie! Loved the scenes shot at Fenway! Those nun masks....creepy.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal