Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Dallas  (Read 3959 times)

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Dallas
« on: June 11, 2012, 10:54:38 PM »
Were you a fan of Dallas? Do you remember who shot JR?
The new series of Dallas, with lots of old favorites and the "new generation" of Ewings will premiere on
Wed. .. June 13th, at 9pm. It airs on TNT!
Be there so we can chat about it.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 07:35:27 AM by Court »

Offline Court

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
    • The Reality Buzz
Re: The New Generation
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 07:41:59 PM »
I've never watched... I wonder how much it will follow the older version

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 09:43:22 PM »
They had a few of the younger cast members on tv today on an NBC show from New York that I don't know whether it only airs here in the NY area.
They play the children of the "original" Ewings. They said some of the original cast are going to be on...like JR and Bobby and Sue Ellen. And, that this new show will pick up the storyline at one of the older Ewings 60th birthday party.
For any former Dallas fan... sounds like fun.
I'm sure with all these new fresh faces, even if you never watched the show years ago, they will make it easy to get interested in.

Offline Court

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
    • The Reality Buzz
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 01:51:20 PM »
I might watch it, give it a try.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 06:42:03 PM »
If you watched Desperate Housewives, Jesse Metcalf who played Gabby's young gardner ... will play Bobby Ewing's adopted son Christopher.
The cast was on 'The Talk" this afternoon and Patrick Duffy who plays Bobby Ewing , says it' s like you just switched the channel and found them after a little break.
This new Dallas, unlike the original , will be filmed totally in Texas.   

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 12:27:59 AM »
If I had to sum up the premiere of Dallas in one word... I don't know whether I would say "wow" or "fantastic"
I was looking forward to the show but, even though the old clan were being brought back and mixed with the now grown children who are all new to us...I was skeptical. And, all these years had passed.....
But, it was like a blink of an eye... I was hooked with the first scene of BobbyEwing at the doctor finding out he had cancer!!
The blending of new cast with old was fantastic, and the twists... oh my goodness!
Not to mention that this new Dallas is actually being filmed totally in Dallas and the scenery is breathtaking.
I LOVED IT !

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 01:46:50 AM »
After watching Dallas for two weeks now, I feel that I should re-do the TOPIC here ... meaning "New Generation"
Why is this? Because I am so blown away with how much the original cast is incorporated into this new show. It's really NOT  the new generation.. but, a continuation of the Ewing family ... as time went by.
The first week we were delighted with seeing JR, Bobby, Sue Ellen , Lucy and Ray.
The first three are going to be woven into the new storyline.. Lucy and Ray were the icing on the cake for week one.
Now, the second week.. who should show up... but, Cliff Barnes !!!!
Wow !! For any loyal Dallas fan, we know Cliff Barnes to be an arch rival of JR's. He is also Bobby's former brother- in- law when he was married to Pam ( played by Victoria Principal)
The plots are exceptional , with all the schemimg and back stabbing the Ewings ever did.
Bobby has cancer, he is selling SouthFork to whom he thinks is a company to preserve it.. but, really he isn't ..he is selling it to JR. JR and his son John Ross are secretly working together.
JR is playing a senile ,who needed to move back to Southfork..for his health.... but, this couldn't be any further from the truth.
The young generation, that I thought would be totally the show.. have their secrets, too.
Chris ( Bobby's son) just married a girl who is in some plot with her brother to , I suppose get Ewing money. And , John Ross's girlfriend who used to be Chris' fiance.. she still loves Chris. She only broke up with him because she was sent an email...that her relationship was over. Everyone blames... John Ross.. but, it's Christopher's new wife and that brother who sent the break-up note.
Complicated.. not really... but, riveting... yeah!!!
Watch it so you can chat with me about it. 

Offline Court

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
    • The Reality Buzz
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 03:19:20 PM »
Remind me when its on. I keep forgetting.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 04:15:18 PM »
Here...it's on at 9pm. Wed.. on TNT.   A suggestion...
Write yourself a post-it note... that the only way I can remember everything. I stick them all over.. on my bathroom mirror, kitchen cabinets.. just so they are visible for me to see.
Reminds me of tv shows, birthdays, my cell phone renewal, etc.   :)

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 12:09:32 AM »
Bacali, I have watched the last three weeks and I am also hooked again.  I love seeing the old players and they are true to their former characteristics: the conniving JR, Bobby trying to do what his mother would have wanted,   Now this new group is just as interesting as the older generation.  The people they have playing each person looks so much like they fit their parts.  I like the character John Ross even though he is somewhat like his father and he has a devilish look but I think he has a soft side.
I do not like Elena very much for some reason.  Can't wait to see next week's show.
I recommend it to everyone.
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 11:51:43 PM »
Snowbird, I've said this from the very beginning of the show. It is just not a bunch of new cast members, but, actually all the older ones we Dallas fans grew to love.
I, however, do like Elena, ... so far like them all...good and bad.
I love when they bring back an older cast member. He/she may have aged... but, haven't we all.
I think the writing so far to be terrific. Who ever these writers are they have certainly stayed true to the characters we grew to know.
I can't wait to watch this weeks... thank goodness for dvr's.

Offline little sister

• Silver Bee
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 05:35:49 PM »
I just got caught up with all the show so far of Dallas!  I loved it!  The mix between the older cast and new cast is well written.  Next week is the finale.  Almost as exciting as "who short JR"! :clap:

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2012, 12:12:39 AM »
Having been a fan of Dallas since the very first show... as the finale was winding on down tonight... I guessed who Rebecca really was... but, this is getting ahead of myself.
Wow!!! What a finale.
We didn't know from the start whether Bobby was going to live after he had that massive brain aneurysm attack last week. But, with modern medicine and surgery ( and the fact that Patrick Ewing is essential to Dallas) , he made a remarkable recovery.
Rebecca's "brother" Tommy, whom we found out was not her brother... but, her lover... was attacking her at the end of the show last week. Well, yup, she shot him and then... mysteriously...picked up her cell phone and called some one and a whole group of people came in and cleaned up her apt.  So, who were these people? Who did she call?
Elena and John Ross got engaged and unfortunately , didn't get to live their happily ever after. In fact, they didn't live happily even to the end of this finale show, when Christopher gave Elena the ring he had been keeping for her since their engagement had been called off. They are now re-engaged.
Sue Ellen... was able with Patty's help to stay in the race for Gov of Texas. The bad Venezuelan fella ( whom I found hard to see in this role ..'cause he played Tony Amelda on 24..)was put in jail and Bobby now has some computer chip that shows that J.R. was in the deal to sell Southfork from the beginning...along with John Ross.
Poor John Ross... I think really was trying to turn over a new leaf in working with Christipher in the old Ewing oil bldg, which he rented for them to go into alternate energy...but, when he was found out...by all, Elena dumped him...getting back to why she is not with him...but, again with Christopher.
But, who were these mysterious people who helped "Rebecca Ewing" clean up after Tommy . And, I put marks around her name because at the end of the show we see the real Rebecca call her brother Tommy in the seedy motel room... and the phone picked up by....no one other than Christopher. He vows to take the babies and see her put in jail.
But... those mysterious people... well... looks like J.R. was right to go to Las Vegas to look at what Cliff Barnes was up to. He unfortunately had to come home when John Ross was beaten up in jail.
Because.... "Rebecca" is Miss Barnes. ...YES, Miss Barnes... Cliff Barnes' daughter...who has been working all these 2 yrs to "catch" Christopher.. and finally get her Daddy Cliff his everloving Southfork.!!!
So what happens now??? Well, we don't really know... it's said at the end of tonights finale..."to be continued"
and we have to wait now until January, 2013!
But, these last 10 shows were terrific!!!!!!
Welcome Back DALLAS !!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 01:22:32 PM by bacali »

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
The 2nd Season Begins...
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 08:51:49 AM »
I'm excited ! The 2nd season of Dallas starts tonight, Jan. 28th, 2013. It airs at 9pm on TNT.
I hope that everyone watches  so we can chat about it again .
I read yesterday in TVGuide that this year will be more exciting than the year they left us with the cliff hangar of "Who Shot JR?"
The writer had to scramble to rewrite the end espisodes when Larry Hagman passed away in Nov., and the article stated that to do justice to "JR" ...he would not die on the show by 'natural causes'.
So, I looking foreward to a great show.... albeit bittersweet.

9 PM onTNT

Offline Court

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
    • The Reality Buzz
Re: The 2nd Season Begins...
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 04:38:38 PM »
I'm sure they will do him justice, the episode will definetly be a tear jerker. I'd suggest having a box a klenex ready.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal