Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: April 3 Recap--Rock Classics  (Read 768 times)

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
April 3 Recap--Rock Classics
« on: April 04, 2013, 12:53:15 AM »
This evenings Idol has a Rock Classics Theme

Ryan Seacrest informs us that the guitarist Ori Anthi (sp) will be accompanying the singers tonight.

The top 7 describe their fellow competitors as well and we start with Burnell who they goodnaturedly tease about his accent, hand gestures and laugh.

Burnell Taylor sings Bon Jovi's 'You Give Love a Bad Name".

Keith--look uncomfortable, but love your voice, you need to make a song your own
Nickie--it's weird, still loveable even if rock's not your thing, Keith is right
Randy--yo man, agree with Nicky and Keith, in an uptempo song you need to drive the beat harder
Mariah--proud of you because it's definitely not a typical song for you, you had fun with it

Angie and Lazaro sing a duet. Crazy Little thing Called Love

Nickie--hmmm well that was nice, I had fun watching it, Lazaro forgot the lyrics again, Angie was good
Keith--Angie sounded amazing
Mariah--not a great song, Angie did well
Keith--not a great duet for you, variety showish, kitschy

Kree was described by the idols as a den mother, mom, guardian angel, she knows everyone--their name, life story, families, gives the most hugs we've ever seen

Kree Harrison sings Janis Joplin's 'Piece of My Heart"

Randy--I feel like the show finally started, rocked the stage, bluesy, in it to win it
Mariah--incredible, inate ability to choose your songs, tonight's performance possibly my favorite.
Keith--Looks like you were struggling to move around, was it your boots? (pinched nerve she says) such a professional, voice is so good
Nickie--magnificent miss lady, Kreedom, you would get all 50 of my votes, voice is unmatched

Candice and Burnell sing 'The Letter'

Mariah--have proven you can sing almost anything, A+amazing
Keith--loved it, great song for you 2
Nickie--Candice your voice clearly superior, I've run out of ways to describe it. Burnell, this was Burnell, congrats, excellent job
Randy--Burnell, much better for you, omg Candice, watching a pro onstage

Janelle Arthur gets feedback from her suitemates. As country as you get, accent is thick, she's the girl that's in the corn, talks with so much passion, everything is a soap opera.

Janelle Arthur sings 'You May Be Right'

Keith--I love your boots, love how you work the stage, wasn't the best song for you to do, gotten better and better and better every week
Nickie--you (to Keith) took my line (about the boots), performance exceptional, you feel like every girl's best friend, they can relate to you as a country girl
Randy--love your vest with the fringe, song fit you like a top, borrow one from Keith and call you the Great Contender
Mariah--loved the key you weere singing, enjoy watching you, likes the relatability thing she has going

When we come back we see Nickie wearing Janelle's boots and Randy with the vest draped over his shoulders.

The Idols talk about Lazaro's affection for bright colors, blinding colors, tease him about being an ice cream scooper before this, how Nickie calls him Ricky Ricardo, and how he loves a good dramatic pose at the end of his performances.

Lazaro Arbos sings Queen's 'We Are the Champions'

Nickie--liking the hispanic tease, loved the song
Randy--one of my fave songs, didn't know if you could but you did a good job
Mariah--was concerned but you did a good job on a song that is an anthem
Keith--really good song choice for you, played into your dramatics in a good way

Kree Amber and Janelle sing Billy Joel's 'Still Rock and Roll to Me'

Randy--Wow, wow, wow, unbelievable, so good, sound so good together, that was fun
Mariah-professsional, nice blending
Keith--you girls are great together
Nickie--the song choice put me to sleep, none of you stood out, hated the performanc

Candice is teased by her fellow singers for her love/hate relatiionship with Burnell, brother/sister fighting and goofing, how she has the only room to herself

Candice Glover sings the Rolling Stone's 'I Can't Get No Satisfaction'

Mariah--every single performance brings a different part of you onto the stage
Keith--voice is so freaking good, effortless, so much otherworldliness about your vocals
Nickie--your voice is amazing, I fell asleep with that song too

Shout out to the guitarist Ori Anthi

Randy--what I loved is that you brought that rock attitude into it

Amber's comments are about how she likes to talk to herself, she is so beautiful, teasing her about how often she takes her own picture and poses for the camera

Amber Holcomb sings Heart's 'What About Love'

All the judges are on their feet

Keith--great, great song choice, key change was killer
Nickie--don't even know where to begin, striking, pulled me in emotionnally. you believed what you were singing, favorite of the night
Randy--look amazing, sound amazing, didn't lose Amber in there, found yourself in there, very well done, excellent
Mariah--amazing, perfect to feature yourself as a vocalist

Ryan catches us up with Joshua and Holly from last season

The Idols talk about how Angie gets excited about everything, she should have the world record for speed clapping, knows how to work the cameras, would not want to be in a staring contest with her

Angie Miller sings Evanescence's 'Bring Me to Life'

Nickie--perfect choice, voice sounded amazing, kudos, congrats
Randy--happy America sees you this week, edgy, theatrical, great dynamics
Mariah--this was you, loved that you started at the piano, this song and you were a perfect match
Keith--part of this for me was feelling the song, getting into it, not being so conscious of how you look

« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 01:01:13 AM by ponytail »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal