Open Floor > General Discussion

Never No Never....

(1/5) > >>

ponytail:
I  thought this would be kind of a fun topic to chat about. Put down an experience you have had that you never no never want to have again!

Mine is--Having a fender bender with the county sheriff! He was coming through our driveway which is curvy and has some blind spots and crashed into me. His fault. I will never forget him saying, 'I never thought I'd have to fill out a report on myself.'

Snowbird:
Well, Ponytail, at least it was his fault and not yours!  That would have been worse.

A few days after we moved to the country about two miles from my son's house I got a call that he and his wife and 7 month old son, Dakota, had hit a tree right down from my house.  We rushed to the hospital.  My son had to be cut out of the truck and had cuts and broken ribs.  My daughter-in-law just had cuts on her legs but Dakota had a broken thigh and while we were out in the hall waiting to hear about my son's exrays I noticed that Dakota's head was swollen.  He had a fractured skull and they sent him to Macon to a larger hospital.   I guess I have never been that frightened and hope I never will be again.

bacali:
Well, I wouldn't have thought to put this one down as my post.. except that I can very, very well relate to Snowbird's post. I even have a smidgon of pontail's, too.
My older son , "is" a sheriff. Fifteen years ago, he worked in the jails, now he works undercover.
When , you are working in the jails you work on shifts.. so your body is really off in regard to sleeping. And, if anyone is to call in late for their shift or sick.... you can't leave. Someone has to be there. to guard the prisoners.
Well, my son was on his way home from work, around 2 am, exhausted from overwork, and he fell asleep driving. Of course,he wasnt wearing a seatbelt. He crashed his jeep into a tree and crashed into the windshield. Glass everywhere !!!
I remember being asleep and sort of hearing a bell.. and poking my husband. It was the police.
Long story..short. He is lucky he is alive and/or not a paraplegic. He was cut all over with glass everywhere. It was coming through his skin for months. He broke his pelvis.
He was brought home in an ambulance and carried into the house via a stretcher where we had a hospital bed.
You talk about the worst experience ... this is the one most parents fear. That call in the middle of the night.
Thank God, and I mean this literally, he slowly recouperated.. and is fine now...married with two little children.
But , never, never..... I pray will we ever have an experience like this again.

ponytail:
Those are awful stories! Have either of you been in an accident?

Snowbird:
I have been in two accidents and they happened within the last 10 years.  Neither resulted in injuries, one was my fault, one was the fault of the other guy.
Bacali, I know that was terrible for you.  My son had the same thing with glass.  His upper eyelid was cut and he pulled eye lashes out of his eyeball that had become ingrown for years before he finally has a plastic surgeon to fix it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version