Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Hannibal  (Read 1383 times)

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
Hannibal
« on: April 08, 2013, 07:04:50 PM »
NBC has entered the serial killer sweepstakes with “Hannibal.”  (Thursdays at 10PM)  Will Graham (Hugh Dancy) is an FBI consultant with a unique ability to climb into the mind of a serial killer but his mental instability (presumably due to his gift, perhaps more) has relegated him to the classroom.  Of course, he is resurrected to assist on a case and a noted psychiatrist, Dr. Hannibal Lecter (Mads Mikkelson), is hired to keep him from getting off the ranch.  It also stars Laurence Fishburne as Graham’s boss.  Based on Episode one, it’s worth a look.  Rebroadcast of Episode One on Wednesday at 10PM.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
Re: Hannibal
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 08:04:21 PM »
This sounds like a really good one.  I didn't realize there had already been one episode.  Thanks for writing this.  Now I can catch up.
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Cookie Monster

• Gold Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 12:56:54 PM »
I saw part of the 1st show and I liked it allot and will finish it tonight!  I so hope NBC has a hit as the network is sinking in the ratings.  This is one very creepy dark show and quite refreshing in a dark way :106:

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 09:27:08 PM »
Season 3 of Hannibal premieres on June 4 at 10PM.  The Prankster really got hooked on Season 2 when Hannibal and Will Graham played a complex game of cat and mouse.  The season ended with an incredibly gory final episode climax filled with blood, mayhem and some interesting plot twists.  At the conclusion Hannibal fled to Europe with his psychiatrist.

Season 3 supposedly chronicles the rise of the Red Dragon, who becomes Hannibal's primary foe.   Overall the series is a dark, brooding psychological suspense thriller interspersed with moments of violence and gore.  It is much better than the Harris novels and it is far different from the fare one usually sees on broadcast TV.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 05:33:14 PM »
Season 3 Premiers tonight at 10PM on NBC.  For those of you who like dark, sophisticated psychological suspense interrupted by occasional moments of violent gore, Hannibal is highly recommended.  Unlike anything you have ever seen on network TV.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 06:28:53 PM »
I'll trust you on that one, MP. I did watch the first season of Penny Dreadful, but it was too much blood and guts for me. I am thinking of watching Aquarius now, mostly because that was my youth! And I like the music, and David Duchovny! Also, I will probably watch Under the Dome again...although I don't know why, surely it will end this season?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal