Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: April 11 Results Show  (Read 1173 times)

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
April 11 Results Show
« on: April 11, 2013, 10:07:16 PM »
Ryan lets us know that Kelly Clarkson and Scotty McCreary will be singing tonight.

The top 6 perform a medley of Burt Bacharach hits and the judges give them a standing ovation.

Tonights Ford Fiesta mission is a Fiesta Shootdown. The contestants are divided into 2 teams and get to bump giant soccer balls into nets in their Ford Fiestas.

Ryan begins with Kree.
Jimmy says she needs to give a lot more personality in her vocals if she wants to win it.

Angie
Jimmy says she did a very competent job but not enough to win tonight

Lazaro
Jimmy calls his performance boring, he's an Ambien milkshake, he's proven me wrong every week by staying. I'd put him at # 10
(a voice off camera says there's only 6). Jimmy says, yes, I know.

Ryan tells us that they will be doing pairs tonight. He brings up Angie, Lazaro, and Kree and tells us these were last weeks top3 and then has us wait until after Scotty's performance.

Scotty McCreary performs his new song 'See You Tonight' (Good song, but I didn't see much of an emotional connection, I dunno)

Ryan tells us they have been asking their twitter followers for ideas for musical themes and they have  come up with these 5:
Break-up Songs
One hit wonders
Dedicated to someone special
Guilty pleasures
Unplugged

Janelle
Jimmy says she is doing a literal interpretation of the songs she sings and that won't work. She needs to make them her own. She joins Angie

Candice
Jimmy gives her a 10 out of 10. She's got more than a great voice she's got a great sense of what she should sing. Candice joins Kree.

Amber
Jimmy says she looks like the entire package, I don't know what to tell you to change, keep doing what you're doing. Amber is put with Lazaro.

Ryan informs us that one of the pairings is the top 2, one is the middle 2, and one is the bottom 2.

Kelly Clarkson is next. In the 11 years since she won Idol, she has sold 20 million albums, had 80 billboard #1's and 3 Grammys. Kelly sings her new song 'People Like Us'. (Watch it if you have a chance, really different --lots of black lights and fluorescent colors.) Kelly tells Ryan how nervous she was to come and sing in front of Mariah (Awwwww). So Mariah divas her way on stage and gives her kudos and a hug.

Finally the results:

Kree and Candice--top 2
Lazaro and Amber--bottom 2 (huh? what's wrong with you America?)
Angie and Janelle are safe.

After 34 million votes, Lazaro is at risk and Amber is safe.

Lazaro goes home. (He's lucky he made it this far.)

The girls will now be duking it out.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
Re: April 11 Results Show
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 10:29:17 PM »
I loved Kelly Clarkson's and Scotty McCreary's songs tonight.  It did look a little weird with the white looking eyelashes on Kelly but she really belted out that song!
Poor Lazaro.  I know it was time for him to go but I think they were way too hard on him.  I liked the way he sang the song to try to save himself.  He did better on that than on any he has done in a while, in my opinion.
I didn't understand Amber being in the bottom two.
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 12:29:09 PM »
I loved Kelly Clarkson's and Scotty McCreary's songs tonight.  It did look a little weird with the white looking eyelashes on Kelly but she really belted out that song!
Poor Lazaro.  I know it was time for him to go but I think they were way too hard on him.  I liked the way he sang the song to try to save himself.  He did better on that than on any he has done in a while, in my opinion.

I agree w/everything you said.  Kelly Clarkson and Katherine McPhee are my two all-time favorites from Idol.  BTW, how did Taylor Hicks ever beat her?  I'll probably get bombed for this, but I think Carrie Underwood is way overrated.  Based purely on quality of voice, she doesn't hold a candle to Clarkson or McPhee in my book.

Offline Prairie Dawn

• Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 06:16:58 PM »

I agree w/everything you said.  Kelly Clarkson and Katherine McPhee are my two all-time favorites from Idol.  BTW, how did Taylor Hicks ever beat her?  I'll probably get bombed for this, but I think Carrie Underwood is way overrated.  Based purely on quality of voice, she doesn't hold a candle to Clarkson or McPhee in my book.

I think Carrie is a completely different singer than both Kelly and Katherine.  A good singer, just different.  Katherine is one of my all time idol favorites, love her voice.  This is gorgeous!  Enjoy....

http://youtu.be/uJ56Y_Hw_8c

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 07:48:22 PM »
Thank you for the link Prairie.  It caused me to take a brief trip down memory lane w/Ms. McPhee.  She has grown so much as a singer/performer.  I hope that Clarkson finds her stride as a singer now that she has broken away from (is it) Clive Davis.  I thought her songs until now have been 21st century bubble gum all gunked up w/techno, electro, gizmo wizardry (help me out Cookie).  The song she sang on Idol was better but she still needs to turn down the volume on all of the effects and let that beautiful voice shine through.

To quote Simon "I may have been a bit harsh on Carrie Underwood."  She is an accomplished country singer, she knows her vocal sweet spot and she sticks to it.  In an a capella race w/McPhee and Clarkson though, she would not be in my Exacta box.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal