Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: April 18 Results Show  (Read 938 times)

Online ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
April 18 Results Show
« on: April 18, 2013, 09:34:22 PM »
Tonight we will enjoy performances by former idols Clay Aiken and Fantasia.

The girls perform a diva medley of Donna Summer songs and receive a standing 'o' from the judges.
This weeks Ford Fiesta mission is a Celebrity Scavenger Hunt. The girls chase down clues in their Fiesta and find Matthew Morrison in a barber shop. 

Tonight's results will be done individually and we start with Angie.
Jimmy says when she is at the piano, she makes the song so believable, without it not so much
Nickie says Jimmy doesn't know what he is talking about

Candice
Jimmy says she blew my mind, great artist, not only is she a great singer, she is smart.
Randy has everyone believe that he couldn't get in touch with Paula to get her opinion on how Candice did with her song, when who should sneak up but Paula. Candice is surprised, Paula says she was really moved by how she did the song. Ryan invites her to sit in one of the judge's chairs.

VIP section has Fall Out Boy, Jordan Sparks, Jason Durillo

Clay Aiken catches us up on his life after Idol. He has started the National Inclusion Project and is an ambassodor for UNICEF. He sings Bridge Over Troubled Water.

Janelle
Jimmy saays she opened with a very sleepy song and struck out with Dumb Blonde. Dolly Parton was the right diva for her, but the wrong song. Janelle receives a nice little note from Dolly.

Amber
Jimmy says she had to do something really extraordinary, she sang magnificent, she should be rewarded for her  bravery in tackling the songs she chose

Kree
Jimmy says there are 5 great girls left in the show, Kree made the wrong choices.

Idol update about the bottom 3 Fantasia, Jennifer Hudson, LaToya in Fantasia's season. We know about Fantasia and Jennifer, LaToya is now in Oakland, CA. She did theatre, a band Urban Punk, and is going on tour and recording. LaToya is in the audience.

Fantasia sings her new song 'Lose to Win' and gets a standing 'o'. (This was the highlight of the evening, so so good)!

In no particular order:
Candice is safe
Angie is safe
Amber is safe (about time)!

Kree and Janelle are the bottom two
Kree is safe
Janelle sings for the save

Janelle is eliminated tonight.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 09:41:15 PM by ponytail »

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
Re: April 18 Results Show
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 12:46:45 AM »
Great job as usual, Ponytail.  For once, both the voting public and the judges made the right decision.    Janelle was the weakest of a very strong crop of singers. 

Now that the Prankster has seen each of the F4 perform at least one song, he feels as qualified as the judges are in handicapping how this race will play itself out.  The Prankster will now produce his predictions and prognostications.  Feel free to take your potshots,  whether pugnacious or pusillanimous.   Please remember, however, the Prankster's reaction might not fall within predictable permutations and parameters.

4th---Angie.  She has a good voice, very good performance skills, and great sex appeal.   He voice, though, is a notch below the other three.  She could surprise and go as far as F2 but the Prankster doubts it.   I believe if anyone other than Angie is voted out at F4, the judges will use the save.  Her odds of winning:  15-1.

3rd---Amber.  A very tough call between her and Kree.  I give an edge to Kree's voice, but Amber has far superior performance skills and is more consistent.  Her odds of winning: 8-1

2nd---Kree.   AN excellent voice, but her performance skills need work and she tends to be inconsistent.  If she consistently brings her "A" game in the final weeks, she is the only one who can seriously challenge Candace for the crown.  Her odds of winning:  6-1

Champion---Candace.   Need I say more?  She should be the heavy favorite.  The only way I see her losing is if she makes a bad performance stumble.  Highly unlikely.  She should march to the crown and become the next Diva-in-Chief.  Her odds of winning:  2-1.

Online ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: April 18 Results Show
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 04:41:51 PM »
And that is what I call a Perrific set of predictions (since I can't think of any more words that start with p)!

Candice should win it, and I like Amber over Kree although the voting public may not agree. Angie has a beautiful voice, and look, but she just doesn't have much of a unique style. She's pretty vanilla. There are so many great looking girls out there with stunning voices. I get it when the judges talk about her not feeling the song. I see that most of the time with her with a couple of exceptions.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal