Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: April 24 recap--contestant's choice and one hit wonders  (Read 750 times)

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
April 24 recap--contestant's choice and one hit wonders
« on: April 24, 2013, 11:06:23 PM »
Tonight each contestant will sing two songs and a duet. The themes for the songs tonight are contestant choice and one from a theme that America has chosen. That theme is One Hit Wonders.
Brief snippets of the Idol's visits to Children's Hospital LA are shown throughout the competition, and some are there to see tonight's performance.

Amber sings Celine Dion's 'Power of Love.'
Keith--that is how you do it, that song is tailor made for you, perfect song choice, crazy, effortless, so poised
Nickie--moment of silence for how beautiful you look, so ready, so current
Randy-show the most growth of all the contestants, came in as a baby now a pro
Mariah--glorious tones, took a classic song and gave it flavor

Jimmy--that song is going to be very difficult to beat

Candice sings Drake's 'Find Your Love.'

Nickie--wish she would have stuck to the melody, don't want people to start thinking of you as old-fashioned, need to think who your market is
Randy--vocals crazy good, agree with Nickie, you can be a huge urban star with crossover stuff, can't always sound like you are in church
Mariah-sometimes vocals took me to a place I needed to be, you can sing anything and should continue to sing anything
Keith--love what you did with the song, love the power in the quiet moments of your voice

Jimmy--have to agree with Nickie this time, 2nd best performance tonite

Kree sings 'Hurts So Bad.'

Randy--yo yo, Kree Kree Kree you love some blues don't you, parts of it a little disconnected, waiting to hear something else from you
Mariah--there were moments you were truly connected, please continue to give us those vocals
Keith--all 4 (girls) vocals are exceptional, coming down to emotion in song, you gotta leave nothing on the table, vocals not enough
Nickie--absolutely, that performance is not going to give you what you need for next week, that was not a top 4 worthy performance

Jimmy--Kree is gonna hurt herself with her song choices, wrong song

Angie sings 'Who You Are.'
standing ovation

Mariah--the caliber of that performance was beyond, stunning, amazing, song writing is an asset you have, go home and do it
Keith--song started prim and proper then got cooler and looser--quote from song 'it's okay not to be okay.'
Nickie--no one that compares to you in this competition, when you are behind the piano, we feel it, very proud of you
Randy--made me forget it was a Jessie J song, 10 out of 10 out of 10, best performance of the night, she's in it to win it

Jimmy--neck and neck with Amber

Duet with Amber and Kree 'Rumor Has It'

Keith--great song, give it up for the drummers, waiting for someone to cut loose though
Nickie--Kree, need to get back in the song, add personality on top of your voice

Duet with Angie and Candice 'Stay'
standing ovation

Randy--unbelievable, that's the way you do a duet
Mariah--you have different styles but amazing unity

Now it is time for the contestants to sing songs from the ATT theme pick--One Hit Wonders

Amber sings 'McArthur Park'
standing ovation

Keith--good lord what is going on, you're dominating tonight, incredible performance
Nickie--blooming flower, effervescent, like that you take chances, out of the 4 girlsyou are the one I would want to get to know
Randy--crystal clear high notes, look amazing, current, I think you are ready
Mariah--inner glow aside from vocals, low notes rich, full, gorgeous, confident, star quality

Jimmy--sorry, disagree, that song is corny

Candice sings 'Emotion'

Nickie--groovin' to it
Randy, yes Candice, yes yes yes, it's a great song, took your time with it, settling back in
Mariah--stellar performance and you have a cold, definitely not a one hit wonder
Keith--is wondering if any one hit wonders are from this decade, breezy, lovely, nice--need to pick a song that stands out from everyone else

Jimmy is hauled out on stage to defend some of the remarks he made to the contestants and he says he thinks the judges have been smoking a little of the green icing on the McArthur Park cake. Nickie dashes on stage and fake chokes Jimmy and then hugs him.

Kree sings' Whiter Shade of Pale.'

Randy--redeemed yourself, sang your face off, brilliant
Mariah--I have no words, feel good about what you just did
Keith--intimate, vulnerable type of songs--think about picking a song that really lets you come out, no middle ground songs
Nickie--loved that song but you might be in the bottom 2, dimming a little on the inside

Angie sings 'Cry Me a River.'

Mariah--elegant number, clarity beautiful, talent galore darling
Keith--mystical, celestially powerful
Nickie--you came out to snatch some wigs off some heads, tonight was your night
Randy--yo yo the best of the night, Angie wins it tonight.

Angie did win it tonight, with Amber coming in a close second. I would put Candice 3 and Kree on the bottom.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 11:31:16 PM by ponytail »

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
Re: April 24 recap--contestant's choice and one hit wonders
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 12:10:27 AM »
Thanks Ponytail.
I love the way you recap American Idol with the name of all the songs and the comments.  I don't know if I could write that fast. -loll
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
Re: April 24 recap--contestant's choice and one hit wonders
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 05:31:11 PM »
I agree w/your assessment Ponytail.  Based on last night's performances, Kree should be sent packing.  Angie showed more than I thought she had, and Amber continues to impress with her voice and her performance skills.  This is the strongest F4 I've ever seen on Idol.  It's too bad they're up against each other.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal