Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Remember When  (Read 50253 times)

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Remember When
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2013, 04:18:53 PM »
I never listened to radio shows.. I always remember having a television.. loved Howdy Doody.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2013, 05:32:45 PM »
Ah, Howdy Doody!  Did you watch the Lone Ranger and his sidekick Tonto?  BTW, if you get the chance catch Letterman around XMas.  Every year he has on a guest named Jay something or other who tells a really funny story about his experience w/the Lone Ranger (Clayton Moore).

A can't believe I missed this-----Jukebox with a bunch of 45s.  The classic ones are so cool.  did any of you ever go to a sock hop?

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2013, 05:39:50 PM »
I loved going to sock hops.  We had a Youth Center in our town where we would go on Saturday nights and dance. 
There was a drug store on one corner where everybody hung out after school.  It was about seven blocks from my school so we would walk there.  I can still see that place.  As you came in there was the magazine racks on the right and the drug store section was passed that on the right.  On the left side of the store was the soda fountain and the booths with those little juke boxes on every table.   There was also a big juke box in the back.  A dime a play and three plays for a quarter. 

-Bee- Anniversary
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 04:35:14 PM by ponytail »
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2013, 05:53:21 PM »
That's great Snowbird!  I used to go to sock hops at a local high school.  We'd dance on the floor of the gym.  When I was a little shaver, an aspiring sock-hopper, there was a local TV show each Saturday called "Joe Dean's Sock Hop".  My older cousin appeared on it a couple of times.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2013, 11:55:18 PM »
Remember reading magazines like Jack and Jill and American Girl...

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2013, 08:20:45 AM »
Hardy Boys!  Hardy Boys!  Hardy Boys!  I read every one of those suckers.  Read 'em until I was bleary-eyed.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2013, 09:54:50 AM »
Nancy Drew! And I think i read a few Hardy Boys, too.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2013, 11:50:00 PM »
I always read Nancy Drew, also the Hardy Boys
And, I read all the Bobbsey Twins and Cherry Ames books, too.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2013, 07:23:47 AM »
Pez dispensers.  I used to love those things---so many crazy heads.  I vaguely remember some with the heads of Popeye characters.  The dispensers might still be around but I think they're not nearly as cool as they were back then.

Offline Prairie Dawn

• Buzzified
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2013, 08:33:56 AM »
I remember my "wicked cool" bike with the flowered banana seat, sissy bar, and tassels on the handlebars!

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2013, 05:36:39 PM »
Remember those little wax bottles with different colored drinks in them.  You bit off the top and drank it but it was only a swallow. 
I use to love Bit-O-Honey candy.  Do they still make those?  Milk Duds was another favorite. 
Did anyone ever play spin the bottle? 
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2013, 06:00:57 PM »
Remember those little wax bottles with different colored drinks in them.  You bit off the top and drank it but it was only a swallow. 
I use to love Bit-O-Honey candy.  Do they still make those?  Milk Duds was another favorite. 

YES!  I had forgotten about those bottles.  I vaguely remember some kind of flavored tablets that I could drop into a glass of water and they'd fizz and flavor the water.  Was it Pizz?  Behave yourself PD.

I think you can still get Bit O'Honey in some convenience stores in more rural ares.  My ex was a Bit O' Honey addict and she would stock up whenever we took a road trip and stopped for gas.

Offline Prairie Dawn

• Buzzified
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2013, 06:04:42 PM »

YES!  I had forgotten about those bottles.  I vaguely remember some kind of flavored tablets that I could drop into a glass of water and they'd fizz and flavor the water.  Was it Pizz?  Behave yourself PD.

I think you can still get Bit O'Honey in some convenience stores in more rural ares.  My ex was a Bit O' Honey addict and she would stock up whenever we took a road trip and stopped for gas.

Tthe pills were called "Fizzies" and you can still find them.  Oh, I loved them! 

@Snow,I remember "spin the bottle" and "seven minutes in heaven."    :25:  Of course I never played them...............lol

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2013, 03:10:54 PM »
Remember those huge Christmas lights with reflectors behind them, and finishing off your tree with lots of tinsel?

Offline Prairie Dawn

• Buzzified
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2013, 11:42:57 PM »
Remember those huge Christmas lights with reflectors behind them, and finishing off your tree with lots of tinsel?

Yes! My grandmother had those on her Christmas tree every year! 

Remember TV dinners that came in those aluminum trays with the apple cobbler for dessert? 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal