Open Floor > Post Games

Remember When

<< < (2/63) > >>

ponytail:
Sure enough!

Remember going to the A&W Drive In and getting a frosty mug of root beer brought to your car on a tray?

Prairie Dawn:
YES! The best root beer float ever!

Remember when penny candy was only a penny and you could get a boatload for 25 cents!

ponytail:
Yep! Remember when you always wore skirts and dresses to school?

Merry Prankster:
Snowbird, your topic has managed to release the Prankster's memory Kraken.  Why is it such memories cause the characterization of the ol' days to be "good" and create a feeling of wistful longing and mental images with sepia hues?  Ah, the impetuous follies of youth and the increasingly selective memory of advancing years.

One of my dominant memories involves  "quality of life" as opposed to an antiquated object or service.  I grew up in an area where no one ever locked the doors to their houses or their cars.  Why?  It never occurred to them to do so.  Also, from the age of 8 0r 9 until I could drive, in my free time I would roam with others my age all over my own and adjacent neighborhoods, riding bikes, playing sports, etc. and no adults would have a good idea where we were.  Why?  They never felt the need to do so.  Someone would whistle us home for dinner.   Halcyon days!  Of course, there were occasional bumps and potholes.

ponytail:
Sounds familiar. Did you have games of kick the can at dusk, too?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version