Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Remember When  (Read 54249 times)

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
Re: Remember When
« Reply #225 on: November 14, 2013, 07:42:04 PM »
Remember those home perms using that thin paper with the little pink plastic rollers, and that stinking solution.  It made your head stink for a week.
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #226 on: November 16, 2013, 06:55:10 PM »
I remember that so well--and all the frizz you had to deal with afterwards.

Offline Court

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
    • The Reality Buzz
« Reply #227 on: November 24, 2013, 09:14:32 PM »
Remember when kids actually played outside? Now they sit in front of the computer all day! As a child during the summer and nice months I was outside all day long.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #228 on: November 25, 2013, 01:00:16 AM »
When I was young, I had to go to bed early..no tv. Then when I was older, I had so much homework....no tv.
But, during Christmas I was able to watch so many beautiful Christmas specials on tv.
Anyone else remember the really lovely Christmas shows ?
I remember the Andy Williams Show, and I remember a special with Bing Crosby and David Bowie. I remember the scene with them singing...it was the  "a rump a bump bump" song. ( can't think of the name LOL)
They still play it today all over the radio during Christmas , and my mind brings me back to that show.
Also, what especially was lovely was that at the end of the shows, they brought out the families. So year after year we watched families grow up.
I miss this during the holidays now. They don't have Christmas specialsl ike this , hey , there aren't any variety shows. I miss these, too.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #229 on: November 25, 2013, 01:15:37 AM »
I think the name of that song is "The Little Drummer Boy".  It is one of my favorite Christmas songs.
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Prairie Dawn

• Buzzified
« Reply #230 on: November 25, 2013, 09:02:43 AM »
When I was young, I had to go to bed early..no tv. Then when I was older, I had so much homework....no tv.
But, during Christmas I was able to watch so many beautiful Christmas specials on tv.
Anyone else remember the really lovely Christmas shows ?
I remember the Andy Williams Show, and I remember a special with Bing Crosby and David Bowie. I remember the scene with them singing...it was the  "a rump a bump bump" song. ( can't think of the name LOL)
They still play it today all over the radio during Christmas , and my mind brings me back to that show.
Also, what especially was lovely was that at the end of the shows, they brought out the families. So year after year we watched families grow up.
I miss this during the holidays now. They don't have Christmas specialsl ike this , hey , there aren't any variety shows. I miss these, too.

Bacali, did we grow up in the same house! I was raised in a no tv house as well! BUT...at Christmas we could watch all of the specials.  I still remember Bing and Bowie singing that song.  Lot's of tv families would have a special. I remember The Osmond Family Christmas, A Charlie Brown Christmas (a favorite), The Year Without a Santa Claus, Miracle on 34th Street, What a Wonderful Life.

Ah....good memories!

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #231 on: November 25, 2013, 10:42:39 AM »
I think the name of that song is "The Little Drummer Boy".  It is one of my favorite Christmas songs.

-duh- Oh my... of course it is.
Funny...and silly little story.
When my older son was small he used to put a dish towel on his head to look like this drummer boy, and march around to the song. My mom who passed away when he was 4 thought with his big brown eyes that he looked like this little drummer boy.... and he did.
Every week now,we watch one of  our grandsons and there's a toy drum that is actually his Daddy's.. who is my younger son ( Fisher Price toys don't wear out !!). inside of the drum is stored cymbals and the drum sticks and a tambourine, & a triangle.
Liam " loves" this toy. Every week, hubby and I get handed a different "instrument" ( he now says this word) , and he puts the top back on the drum and the  harness around his little neck and off we go as he drums while we "march"...following him in circles around the house.
Of course, he's already given up our instruments , as well as our own dish towels.
What must we look like ....
if the neighbors happen to be looking in our window ?
What must they think we're doing? ... -rollinglaugh-
I don't care at all... I'm having so much fun...and making memories. He may not remember them...but, I sure will.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #232 on: November 27, 2013, 02:32:23 PM »
Love that story!

And now the grandkids are growing up fast   :73:

Remember when you and your siblings would spend  every moment you could looking for where your parents hid the Christmas presents?

Offline Prairie Dawn

• Buzzified
« Reply #233 on: December 02, 2013, 08:47:03 AM »
Love that story!

And now the grandkids are growing up fast   :73:

Remember when you and your siblings would spend  every moment you could looking for where your parents hid the Christmas presents?

YES! We could never find them, despite our best efforts!

Remember the anticipation you would have as a child on Christmas Eve? So exciting!

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #234 on: December 03, 2013, 03:17:03 PM »
Remember when three weeks 'til Christmas was "wonderful". I couldn't wait.
Now, three weeks 'til Christmas ..... :41:

Tubs all over the place, nothing decorated, only some shopping done , no cards written, no baking started......
Hey, I just took down all my Thanksgiving decorations...yesterday !

I don't know where to begin..
and, I certainly shouldn't be playing on my computer... -rollinglaugh-

Ho Ho Ho

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #235 on: December 17, 2013, 01:17:47 AM »
Ho ho ho is right--I hear ya, bacali.

Remember when you used to help your Mom get everything ready for her big holiday dinner? I can still remember making hors d'oeuvres with her, and place cards for her guests.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #236 on: December 19, 2013, 01:10:29 PM »
Remember that magical feeling of really "believing"? I would listen so hard at night to hear Santa flying around in that sleigh. Or.... was that the "red nose" I saw in the sky ?    LOL.
That's why it's so wonderful being a child and if not one, having one to watch at Christmas time.   

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #237 on: December 30, 2013, 01:13:08 PM »
I am now the subject of remember when! My daughter was constantly saying--remember when you..(insert one of many things here)...Mom?

-rollinglaugh-

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #238 on: December 31, 2013, 12:33:56 AM »
I am now the subject of remember when! My daughter was constantly saying--remember when you..(insert one of many things here)...Mom?

-rollinglaugh-
Well that must bring you a wonderful feeling ..knowing that she ..remembers.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #239 on: January 06, 2014, 12:44:47 PM »
Makes you feel old though....

Remember when you got your first job? I made $500 a month, and had plenty to pay rent, food, car, gas, and extra to spare! Now that doesn't even pay my electric bill.... ???

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal