Chicken and Dressing Casserole

3-4 cups chopped, cooked chicken
2 boxes chicken stuffing
1/2 c diced celery
1/2 c chopped onion
8-12 oz pkg shredded cheddar cheese
2 eggs
1 1/2 c milk
1 can cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)

Cook dressing as box tells you. Spread 1/2 of the dressing in the bottom of a greased 9x12 pan. Place cut up chicken over the top followed by celery and onion, then put the other 1/2 of stuffing over this. Combine eggs and milk, pour over all. Cover and refrigerate overnight. The next day, set out 1 hr. before baking. Spread soup over the top and bake at 350 for 40 min. Spread cheese over the top the last few minutes of baking time. Take out, serve, and enjoy.

bacali:
Sounds very good. Did you ever try cream of chicken soup.... my hubby hates mushrooms.
Do you think it would taste similar?

Snowbird:
This is a stir fry recipe but I think it fits with casseroles more than anywhere else.

SCALLOP AND SNOW PEA STIR FRY

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
1 pound large sea scallops, halved crosswise
8 ounces fresh snow peas
1/2 cup chicken broth
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons chopped green onions
about 6 oz. thin dried Asian egg or wheat noodles, cooked as package directs

In a large wok or nonstick frying pan, heat oil over medium-high  heat.  Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds.  Add scallops and stir to coat with garlic mixture, then cook 1 minute.  Mix in snow peas and cook 1 minute.  Stir in broth and soy sauce and cook just until simmering.  Sprinkle with green onions and mix with noodles.

ponytail:

--- Quote from: bacali on April 28, 2013, 02:12:06 PM ---Sounds very good. Did you ever try cream of chicken soup.... my hubby hates mushrooms.
Do you think it would taste similar?

--- End quote ---

I'm sure it would, maybe even better. I like this casserole cuz you can make it the night before. I've also just made a 1/2 recipe and it turned out just fine. It's too much for just 2 people.

Prairie Dawn:
Ooooooh! Some new recipes to try! Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version