Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: May 1 Recap--Songs from 2013, Standards  (Read 688 times)

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
May 1 Recap--Songs from 2013, Standards
« on: May 02, 2013, 12:42:34 AM »
This will be a quick one, at this stage, the girls are bringing it, there is really not much the judges can say, good or bad that they haven't already said. This week's mentor is Harry Connick, Jr. Funny and fabulous!

Angie Miller starts off the 1st part of tonight's competition singing Diamonds by Rihanna
The judges are underwhelmed, calling her performance bland and lackluster, it didn't go anywhere, it was a muscular song and they kept waiting for her to bust out.

Amber Holcomb sings Just Give Me a Reason by Pink
Judges think it was just so so.

Candice Glover sings When I Was Your Man by Bruno Mars
The judges loved it, Keith said she could have sung When I Was Your Giraffe and he would have still loved it, Nickie says it deserves a standing ovation and all the judges get up and give her one.

Kree Harrison sings See You Again by Carrie Underwood
The judges loved it, she sang with her eyes, faultless voice, authentic

Harry Connick comes out on stage and congratulates Kree on the performance.

Angie Miller starts off the second part of the competition--Standards with Someone to Watch Over Me

The judges agree it is beautiful, amazing vocals, sang from her heart. Nickie calls her a Disney princess, should sing on Broadway. Mariah and Nickie have a litttle spat.

Amber Holcomb comes on (looking gorgeous) and sings My Funny Valentine
She receives a standing ovation from the judges. So beautiful, from set, to outfit, to poise. Amber cries and tells the judges she is worried about votes, they say she made a believer out of a lot of people tonight, her spirit is there-- bigger and better than before.

Candice Glover sings You've Changed
She receives a standing ovation, Mariah says she needs no critiquing, she is annointed. The judges love her power, control, the subtleties of texture, magnificent.

Kree Harrison sings Stormy Weather
Judges think she should have gone full out bluesy, chosen a different song, a disconnect to who you are. A little spat between Harry and Randy--Harry thinks they need to learn the melody first, and then make it their own. Randy seems to think that making it their own is the most important.

The evening winds up with a performance by all 4 contestants singing a song I have never heard of, but the last phrase of it is 'Wings are made to fly' so maybe you all know it!

Tne night was won by Candice Glover. That woman has the purest most beautiful voice I have ever heard. She was followed by Amber Holcomb, and then flip a coin for Angie and Kree. In my opinion, Kree should go tomorrow, and then Angie, based on tonight's performances.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal