Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: All Judges OUT!  (Read 1458 times)

Offline Court

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
    • The Reality Buzz
All Judges OUT!
« on: May 11, 2013, 09:39:26 AM »
So it looks like every single one of the American Idols is out for next season. Its not all that surprising because a lot of people cannot stand the judges this season.

Who do you think would make a good judge on American idol? If they even return next year, cause their ratings have stunk.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
Re: All Judges OUT!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 10:44:11 AM »
I am so happy to hear that those judges are gone.  I would love to see Paula return and I think Bret Michaels would be interesting.  It would be interesting to see how one of the former winners would judge the contestants.  I think they should always have one country singer on the show too. :victory:
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 11:26:54 PM »
When it comes to judges, Idol lost its way.  Idol became a hit w/relatively unknown judges.  It lucked out w/the chemistry between Simon and Paula.  When it stared to decline in the ratings and started to face competition, Idol went for star power to boost ratings and became a "me too." If I was Idol producer, I'd buck the trend and go for some lesser-knowns who are competent to critique singers w/one acerbic judge whom the audience loves to hate-----another Simon.

Offline Court

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
    • The Reality Buzz
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 11:53:54 PM »
Former contestants who won would be fun. But I doubt they will do that. I would love to see Carrie and Jennifer being judges.

I agree MP. Someone less known but like Simon would be good.  The show needs someone we can love and hate all at the same time.  Nikki was just plain hated   -loll

They should take a page out of The Voice's book and have the judges spend more time with the contestants and coach them.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 12:28:59 AM »
I liked Keith. Maybe they should bring Jimmy out and let him be in the spotlight! I did hear a rumor somewhere about Harry Connick, Jr. and I think he would be good, at least funny.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 05:35:03 PM »
Well it's for sure that Randy and Nickie will not be coming back, and probably Mariah as well. Keith has said he would return if asked. I always liked Keith, and I think Harry Connick, Jr. would make a good judge.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 06:10:58 PM »
 :whoo: 
 Wonderful News!!! This is the first and only year that I haven't watched AI....I didn't care for any of the judges.
Just keep Ryan as host.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 10:36:03 PM »
I did watch the finale tonight.. with one eye...more or less...(was baking some chocolate chip cookies .)
I saw the tribute to Randy Jackson, and with this ...all the last 11 seasons videos.... with winners, judges...etc.
I have to think with such low ratings this year...that , probably being a millionaire over a few times, that Randy is just jumping off what is , right now, a sinking ship.
I always have loved AI, but, just could not get into the show this year. I KNOW it was because of the judges.
I didnt even care for Mariah on this show.
So... hopefully, they, at AI, will revamp and come back strong next year..with really interesting, likable judges.
Although this is a show about unknown talent... it also is one such that the judges play a huge part in it's likability...and if you do not like them, or admire them, ... (which I have had that issue with just this season)... it's just something that you do not enjoy watching...which is just the way I have felt.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal