Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Under The Dome  (Read 3093 times)

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
Under The Dome
« on: June 19, 2013, 10:49:20 PM »
Under The Dome starts on Monday, June 24th.  I have been looking at some sneak peaks and they have made the character Angie the sister of Joe, the teenage geek and super smart kid.  I wonder what other changes have been made. 
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Prairie Dawn

• Buzzified
Re: Under The Dome
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 11:21:35 PM »
Under The Dome starts on Monday, June 24th.  I have been looking at some sneak peaks and they have made the character Angie the sister of Joe, the teenage geek and super smart kid.  I wonder what other changes have been made.

I hope they don't make too many changes even though part of the fun of watching is discovering the changes (and complaining about them  :86:).

Offline Cookie Monster

• Gold Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 03:53:34 PM »
It is on tonight and I hear that it is very fast paced with the 1st episode, which could be good or not.  I think the show will be good to great! :whoo:

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 04:07:26 PM »
I plan on watching, too. But I am relying on you guys to fill me in on the plot differences since I haven't read it yet!

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 11:55:51 PM »
I haven't read it yet either, but, just watched the first show and it was fast paced and very good.
I'm looking forward to next week now.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 10:49:59 AM »
Not bad! I'll be watching it....

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 06:32:43 PM »
Could the people who've read "Under the Dome" answer one question for the Prankster------are the existence and properties of the dome consistent with the laws of physics or is there a fair amount of "hocus pocus" involved?

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 08:59:46 PM »
In the book it is hocus pocus but not from this world, MP.
If anyone who has not read the book and wants to read it without knowing the differences in the show, STOP reading now for I am about to describe how the book is different from the show so far.

To begin with. Barbie does not bury anyone!  He has been in the military but is now a drifter who cooks in Rose's restaurant.  He is about to leave town when the dome falls, as he has been beaten by Junior Rennie and his friends, and the sheriff advises him to go.  The sheriff, Duke Perkins, knows nothing about the hiding of the propane by Rennie.  He is a good guy but he doesn't live long.  Julia Shumway, the newspaper owner, is not married. 
Angie is not the sister of Joe and Joe's mother is under the dome with him.  Angie is murdered by Junior Rennie about the time the dome drops. 

The book was great.  I hope the show, with the changes, is as good.
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 10:03:46 PM »
I enjoyed the show last night...but, I just knew my husband would have a problem with it. I was right.
Today...I was asked all these questions... -duh-
I told him... last night was just the "first" show... I haven't any idea... who killed the dead man..., what the propane tanks were for... etc.
We all have to wait and see.
This show entails him to "think"... -rollinglaugh-
And, I am not being mean...he just needs a more immediate answer...like with a crime drama.. when they start off with the dead person...and it wraps up in a hour. If you know what I mean.

Offline Prairie Dawn

• Buzzified
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 10:52:34 PM »
Could the people who've read "Under the Dome" answer one question for the Prankster------are the existence and properties of the dome consistent with the laws of physics or is there a fair amount of "hocus pocus" involved?

Without giving it away.......there is a bit of both..........

Offline Cookie Monster

• Gold Bee
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 11:43:14 AM »
I watched, I liked, I will watch again, any questions -loll :d030: :clap: :-X :P -SPLAT-

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2013, 08:17:06 PM »
Is the Dome a womb?

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2013, 01:00:31 AM »
Is the Dome a womb?

Hummm? I haven't any idea...anyone else?

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2013, 05:55:01 PM »
I have been so disappointed in the TV show.  It would have been much better if I had not read the book.  The TV show deviated so much from the book that except for having the dome covering the town you could not tell it was the same story. 
The book had nothing to do with a butterfly!  Also the people were almost unrecognizable except for their names. 
The ending was a let down.  I guess it left it like that so they can make a regular series out of it.   

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2013, 07:16:55 PM »
I looked at the clock and saw that there was less than 10 minutes left and nothing had been resolved in the show, no questions had been answered and thought...Huh?
Then the ending...what?
I did not read the book, but, watched week after week to see Barbie about to be hung and the egg thrown into the water with red streaks all over?
What was this? Was the dome still there? I don't even know .
I just finished talking with a girlfriend who didn't read the book and watched just like I had. I told her I was disappointed...big time...in the finale.
She had no idea it was the finale ! Enough said

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal