Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Under The Dome  (Read 3082 times)

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Under The Dome
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2013, 08:23:56 PM »
I think I heard somewhere that it will be coming back again for another season since it has been such a success. So maybe next summer!

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2013, 10:38:28 PM »
I'm still disappointed.
Many times when they try to stretch a show over several seasons, the show itself is lame and repetitive.
You know what I mean.
I would have liked them to finish up the story as the book finished and put something else...maybe another book on next summer.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2013, 12:14:42 AM »
I have been so disappointed in the TV show.  It would have been much better if I had not read the book.  The TV show deviated so much from the book that except for having the dome covering the town you could not tell it was the same story. 
The book had nothing to do with a butterfly!  Also the people were almost unrecognizable except for their names. 
The ending was a let down.  I guess it left it like that so they can make a regular series out of it.   

Oh no!  Why is the Prankster not surprised?  Big Jim is the greatest form of population control since the advent of the pill.  For me, the story started to get a little "Twilight Zoney" without the genius touch of Rod Serling.   The one character who has stood out for me is Junior.  Alexander Koch is an actor to watch.  I'll probably watch it when it returns.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal