Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Present for my boss  (Read 1535 times)

Offline Court

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
    • The Reality Buzz
Present for my boss
« on: June 30, 2012, 08:09:49 PM »
The ladies at my work have been busy procreating. In two weeks my boss is going off on mat leave for a year. But we aren't sure what to do for her. She has two kids already (both boys) and she doesn't know what she's having. I'm in the same boat as I was last time! Ideas?

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Present for my boss
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 09:04:00 PM »
Wow.. maternity leave for a whole year!!! Oh nice.
We talked about this last time.. on another site, I believe. I thought that idea was really a terrific one.
A whole spa day for mom... away from the whole family. .of hubby and 3 children.
What more could a woman ask for? 

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 12:22:57 AM »
One thing that is always needed and that is disposable diapers.  Give her a diaper shower and ask different people to bring the first two  sizes always needed by newborns. 
I also liked bacali's idea.  Of course you could always pitch in for a gift certificate for a baby store.
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Court

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
    • The Reality Buzz
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 01:49:00 PM »
Yeah, our mat leaves in Canada are a year. I work in a daycare and most daycares don't even take infants.  Mine they have to be 12 months and walking to come.

Yeah, I think we might get her a spa thing. That would be nice. A lot of the parents give presents as well. I could talk to them about if they are wanting to do something to do diapers.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 05:58:50 PM »
Another thing you may want to do is give her clothing for a child 12 mos. old or older. It seems they get so many things for little ones, and then when they get around a year or so they have nothing left.

Offline sherylk

• Gold Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 12:50:30 AM »
Court,
Having mat leave for that long...do you find that there are larger families? Cuz if I was getting a whole year off..I would have a baby every year! Hmm..let me rethink that..screaming babies, or quietness at work.. :hee20hee20hee:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal