Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: March of The Penguins  (Read 1461 times)

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
March of The Penguins
« on: January 03, 2014, 09:11:17 PM »
I know this is an old movie.... actually... I don't know exactly what to call it.
A documentary about "penguins"?

I have seen it before but, forgot that I had programmed it on my dvr . It was on last night on CNN.
I don't know if it will be in the "on demand" ..if CNN has this... but,
I can not believe how they got these pictures of the penguins.

For anyone unfamiliar to the "movie/documentary"...it follows real, actual penguins across the ice to mate.
I will give  a link to a "preview" which tells all about the movie. It was so amazing and so beautiful and ..
ok , since I have seen it before...it made me cry "again".
If you haven't seen it.. you might see if it is airing on CNN again or CNN's "OnDemand" if you have this on your cable.
Or you can even watch it online.
Just wanted to tell my fellow bees something that I thought really amazing and touching to watch on tv.
Here's a bit of it 's story ...on this link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7tWNwhSocE

Offline cak416

• Gold Bee
Re: March of The Penguins
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 03:08:41 PM »
I bought this movie on dvd a few years ago because I teach a unit on the Arctic and Antarctic to my second graders. It's a 3 week unit of study and culminates with watching the movie and then having Arctic Day on a separate day. On Arctic Day we do activities all day related to the regions--make snow goggles, igloos, decorate penguin cookies, make a food chain showing the creatures who live in the region, make and dress "people"  in Inuit clothing showing the layers of clothing they wear every day, try on blubber gloves to show how the animals can live in the ice cold water, make telescopes that show the Northern Lights that are visible in the sky in the area, and several more. We divide the children into small groups (about 4 children each) and they move from station to station every 25 minutes throughout the day. It's so much fun, and the children always ask if they can do it all over again the next day. Probably the end of January we'll be starting on the unit.  :dance:

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: March of The Penguins
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 03:11:09 PM »
What a great idea! I want to come and help!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal