Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: American Idol Xlll  (Read 1256 times)

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
American Idol Xlll
« on: February 26, 2014, 11:45:07 PM »
I started watching American Idol tonight--on dvr so I could race through the stuff I found dry, and there was plenty of it! I guess it is a given every year, and maybe one of the pleasures of watching the season as it goes along, but our top 13 seemed so raw and amateurish with one exception. Watch out for Caleb Johnson! He sang last, and it was a darn good thing. No one else even came close to the performance this young man (22) put out. I will be rooting for him for sure. (Think young Meatloaf, and you kind of have an idea what kind of singer he is). There were some more interesting young singers as well, we will see how the season develops, and how they grow. Some of them will be unrecognizable in a few weeks.

Randy Jackson as the mentor was....alright. It seems like his comments were drowned in crowd noise or chopped short, so it was hard to really tell what kind of contribution he really made.

Keith, J Lo, and Harry bring a warm golden glow to the judging table. Each is both complimentary and nicely critical of the contestants. I kind of miss the blunt remarks that we heard from Simon. And don't shoot me for this, I kind of miss Nikki Minaj--at least she told it like it was, despicable person though she is. These 3 are too wishy washy. There will be no drama at the judging table this year. Ryan has become a polished automaton flashing pearly smiles.

What are your thoughts on the new season? Or have you started watching it yet? It usually drags me in about this time every year, and I get hooked. I'll try to keep a little dialogue going here for those of you who watch it. Hopefully I won't be talking to myself!

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
Re: American Idol Xlll
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 10:53:17 AM »
I wasn't able to watch it because of Survivor since I have no way to record it.  I appreciate your well written post about the show.  I will be watching tonight.
The last time I saw the singers I loved MK's voice.  I don't remember what she sang but to me her voice stood out among the others.  Maybe it was because it was so different and she just sang without a lot of moving around. 
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 12:43:48 PM »
Now I see what you mean Ponytail.  After watching last nights songs on You tube I can see why you said there was plenty of dryness.  The only ones that stood out to me, and they didn't stand out very far, were CJ's "Radio" and Kristen's "Beautiful Disaster".  I don't know if it was the song choices or just the way they sang but it wasn't very enjoyable to listen to.  I just hope things get better and some of the better singers don't get voted off on last night's performances. 
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 05:17:51 PM »
Sorry, I didn't watch it...will try to next week.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 09:02:45 PM »
I just watched the results...and am sad to see Kristen go.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 05:02:04 PM »
Just watched the results show, and I'm glad I did. It was wonderful seeing Candice perform and I really liked her songs. Bottom 3? I don't think MK belonged there, the other two? meeehhhh It doesn't bother me about anyone going home yet because I just don't have a favorite. Except for Keith Urban's haircut. I think I would look good in it!  :)

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 10:58:48 PM »
I am glad MK is still there but I hated to see Kristen go.  I loved her song this week and think she has one of the best voices.  I think Jennifer wanted to save her but the guys wouldn't agree. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal