Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Bucket List  (Read 1865 times)

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Bucket List
« on: March 04, 2014, 12:15:52 AM »
There always lists of things we would like to do in this life before it is over, so let's see what some of ours are!

I would like to see the Northern Lights.

How about you?

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
Re: Bucket List
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 12:28:46 PM »
The Prankster has seen them from a lower latitude than is optimal---pretty cool.

White water rafting on the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon.

Offline Prairie Dawn

• Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 09:33:39 AM »
A Viking River Cruise down the Rhine

Offline trouble405

• Diamond Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 12:58:28 PM »
my number 1 on my bucket list is to be a grandmother. God willing my 34 year old daughter or 31 year old son will help me out on this!  One that I finally was able to mark off was to go to a live big brother show.  I went to the one where Jeff used the Coup de tat and Jessie was evicted -- it was very exciting because they thought Chima would create a scene.

Another of the things on my bucket list is to visit the Underground River in Palawan, Philippines.  It is on the new 7 wonder of the world.
Here's to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 03:13:09 PM »
my number 1 on my bucket list is to be a grandmother. God willing my 34 year old daughter or 31 year old son will help me out on this!  One that I finally was able to mark off was to go to a live big brother show.  I went to the one where Jeff used the Coup de tat and Jessie was evicted -- it was very exciting because they thought Chima would create a scene.

Another of the things on my bucket list is to visit the Underground River in Palawan, Philippines.  It is on the new 7 wonder of the world.
How much fun to see BB live. I'd love to go to one of these shows too. If they ever did something from NY..I'd go.Although with so many shows in the city... I have only been to a few. 
I'm not sure I'd like the underground river. I went to the one in Ixtapa, Mexico and thought I was going to die.
We actually had on life vests and swam it and my husband went after another woman thinking it was me...( stupid) and I was left choking and it scared me to death.
I couldn't get out...or get help from anyone...no one understood English that went past me. One of the scariest moments of my life.
And, as fas as being a Grandmother... patience.
I used to ask my children...until finally I gave up.. and eventually we had the big announcement. With this last little one, who is probably our last... we have 7 ! Very blessed this way. 

Offline Prairie Dawn

• Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 09:45:08 AM »

That must have been an amazing BB to see live!

Another thing on my bucket list....

Visit Machu Picchu

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 10:34:11 AM »
My brother and his family used to live in Peru and they visited Machu Picchu several times--also hiked part of the Inca Trail. Fabulous!

Being a Grandma is great! That would be the top of my bucket list, too, trouble! I have 3, and I think that is where it will stay. Lucky you bacali!

I would like to see Angkor Watt.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 06:05:18 PM »
Visit the 9/11 Memorial Museum

Offline trouble405

• Diamond Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2014, 01:25:10 PM »
If you are ever in OKC you might want to visit Memorial Bombing Museum.  It is really beautiful in an eerie way.  There are chairs that light up at night for each of the victims and smaller chairs for the little ones in the day care center. I don't know if any of you recall the photo of the firefighter holding the dead child in his arms. That little one belonged to a co-worker and was so horribly sad.  Her name was Bailey Almon and Chris Fields was the firefighter.  I will never forget that day.  I was dropping my son off at school and the blast was so strong I thought the car behind me had bumped into my car. Then I saw the mushroom cloud.  It was horrible.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2014, 02:30:06 PM »
That's not too far from me--sounds like a place I would want to visit. There are quite a few places in this world that give you those eerie feelings, probably more so for you since you have the personal connections. I always felt like that at an entirely different spot--Custer's battlefield in Montana. Strange how some places take on that tragic, sorrowful aura....

Offline trouble405

• Diamond Bee
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2014, 05:22:16 PM »
oh my Ponytail!  I went to Custer's Battlefield and felt the very same way!  There is just a huge feeling of sadness there!  and all the crosses marking where people took their last breath.  :(

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2014, 07:41:43 PM »
Sounds like I would feel that way there, too.
I know that on every 9/11, when I see the two spotlights going up to "heaven" from where the WTC stood, I can't escape the horror of that terrible Sept day.
I don't know that I am ready to see all that just yet, either.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2014, 08:19:31 PM »
Yes, that was the worst.... :'(

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal