Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: American Idol --Week 3  (Read 1376 times)

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
American Idol --Week 3
« on: March 12, 2014, 11:45:23 PM »
Tonight's episode is Songs from the Cinema. Each of our songsters throughout the night does impressions of each other--cute and awkward at the same time. Also, each of the songs is followed by a quick blip of the contestant with their number reenacting an iconic movie scene. Very cute! We were treated to Rear Window (broken leg, binoculars, number in lounge chair), Ghost (famous clay throwing pot scene), Lady and the Tramp (spaghetti dinner), Jaws (swimmer, pursued by number), Ghostbusters (slimed by number),  Titanic (standing in the prow of the ship with their number), among others.

Some of them are finding their stride! Song choices this week were very strong, and they are starting to shine. Top standout was Caleb, of course, who did an out of character rendition of Skyfall that showed off his amazing voice. Surprisingly enough, Malaya was super! As was MK, Alex and Jena (blew it away)! There is hope yet. On the bottom I would put Ben--terrible rendition of Bennie and the Jets--and Dexter. His performance of Sweet Home Alabama was just okay, didn't stand out, very blah.

Tomorrow Harry will perform, and we will see which hopeful has their dream dashed. My pick would be Ben.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: American Idol --Week 3
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 01:56:52 AM »
I started to watch tonight, but, just couldn't get interested in it.
Thank you, ponytail for your summary.
I will definitely watch tomorrow night to see Harry perform. In fact, that's what I've been doing so far...just watching the results. That's about all I can take.
Unfortunately, I really have gotten bored with the show.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 06:53:46 PM »
I watched the videos on You Tube again.  I agree with your assessment Ponytail and I would add Alex in the bottom 3.  I think they have already voted off two good performers who were female so it's time  for a guy to go. 
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 12:42:11 AM »
Sam, Majesty, and Ben are on the bottom with Ben going home, deservedly so. Harry sang 2 songs from his new album and pounded the piano. Wow! Great performance! Jen picked Mali Music to showcase and I really enjoyed his performance, a song called Beautiful.

Next week is Billboard songs. Some of our songsters are starting to step it up, hopefully they will continue to get better and better.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal