Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Paragraph contest  (Read 1342 times)

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
Paragraph contest
« on: April 23, 2014, 11:32:40 AM »
We are beginning a new contest.  This is the way it will work.
One person will put up a starter sentence, something like "It was a dark and stormy night."  Each member who wants to participate will finish with a paragraph.  The person who puts up the starter will then choose the one they think is best.  Then that person will put up a new starter sentence, choose the winner, and so on.

The contest will begin on Monday and run through Saturday at midnight.  The winner should be chosen on Sunday and a new sentence posted as soon as possible to be ready for Monday.  If the one choosing the winner will not be able to log on here on Sunday, please notify me so an extension can be announced. 

Any questions, pm me and I will try to answer you.  I hope you enjoy this and are ready to let your creative juices flow.

I plan to ask Ponytail to begin the game since she won the last limerick contest.
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Paragraph contest
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 05:35:22 PM »
Woo-hoo! let's get started!
Here's the first sentence:

I woke up this morning with an uneasy feeling.

Offline phyllisb104

• Copper Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 03:19:16 AM »
You know that feeling that weighs in your throat and your stomach.  I knew something was off.  I made my way out of bed and I heard voices coming from the kitchen.  Muffled voices, not clearly recognized.  I was walking slowly towards the kitcen when I heard Roger talking but in a low tone.  I was sure he did not want me or the kids to hear his conversation.  My heart felt as though it's going to jump out of my chest.  I decided to just barge into the kitchen to see what was going on.  I was shocked!! There was my brother who just returned home from serving our country.  He looked good.  Tired and the war did take a limb, but this did not stop him from surprising me on my birthday.  It was the best birthday and the biggest surprise I could have gotten.  A day I'll never forget!

Offline Prairie Dawn

• Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 09:30:19 PM »
The last thing I remember was dancing to KC and The Sunshine Band as I threw back a few margaritas.  Since then I have been in a haze.  I woke with the sun, its rays singing my eyes, my mouth dry, my head throbbing.  I crawled out of bed and stumbled to the shower.  Brushing my teeth as the hot water brought me to life.  Choked down a cup of coffee and a piece of toast.  A few eye drops to cover the sins of the night. Grabbing my jacket, I shuffle out the door, keys in hand, ready for work.  A pounding headache adds to the hell that is my commute.  I park in my usual spot and take the lift to the fifth floor.  My head is still reeling. Someone in HR is warming an egg sandwich and I feel nauseous.  I shake my head and amble on.  Why is everyone staring at me? Why is my boss gesticulating madly and scowling at me? Why is the office perv rubbing his hands together in glee? I enter my office, pull out my chair, and get ready to sit.  It is then that I realize that I am wearing NO PANTS.  I have come to work in a blouse, hose, heels, panties, and NO BLOUSE.

I will never drink tequila again.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 01:17:57 AM »
     I woke this morning with an uneasy feeling.  I could not understand why I felt this way, this day that was suppose to be the happiest day of my life, my wedding day.  Did I have a bad dream that put this feeling of uneasiness in my head?
Everything was ready for the wedding.  All the dresses and tux had arrived, the church was already decorated, the food and the band for the reception were already planned.  My grandmother's Victorian wedding dress with the high neck line and lace over satin hung in my closet ready for me to put on.  I had wanted to wear that dress since my dear grandmother had shown it to me when I was a child.  I slipped my robe on over my pajamas and headed to the kitchen to make my eggs and toast for breakfast.  That is when the phone rang. 
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 06:35:47 PM »
Note:  Ponytail, MP edited his paragraph at 6:10PM on Monday to bring it more within the rules but he didn't use the required sentence as a starter sentence.  He doesn't know whether he's still DQ'd.  Note 2:  MP changed it again.

The Prankster altered the sentence slightly so he’s probably DQ’d.  His run-on paragraph probably has his eighth grade English teacher spinning in her sentence diagrams.

The Prankster woke up this morning with an uneasy feeling.  Groundhog day?  He hoped not because about a week earlier the Prankster had woken up one morning with a similar feeling.  He had checked his Depends but it was clean.  Then he had stumbled into the bathroom to make sure he had not used Super Glue again instead of Poligrip.  Once the Prankster had put in his hearing aid and turned it to supersonic he realized the source of his discomfort was a commotion in the front yard.  What was occurring wasn’t clear so the Prankster tried to call 911 and reached the Psychiatric Hotline instead.  Following 20 minutes of evaluation, a diagnosis of bi-polar disorder, a prescription and a one thousand dollar charge to his credit card the Prankster decided to abandon the idea of phoning for assistance.  That’s when he realized he had his glasses on upside-down and things began to come into focus.  The Prankster adjusted his glasses, peered out the open window and saw what appeared to be five children with a premature aging disorder digging up his front yard using overgrown Tonka Toy construction equipment.   After he yelled at them from the window the head of the construction crew (the Prankster assumed this because he had a star on his hard hat) came to the door and introduced himself as Morty the munchkin.  He said he and his crew were building an off-ramp for the Yellow Brick Road.  An argument ensued over whether the Prankster’s yard was over or under the rainbow and Morty wouldn’t yield, even though he admitted to having a rare form of dyslexia which caused him to see things upside-down.  A compromise was reached by which the munchkin crew would cease work until a rainbow appeared and the Prankster would house the crew until then.  Over the next five days the munchkins played cards, drank all of the Prankster’s liquor, smoked three boxes of his Cuban cigars and watched The Wizard of Oz a dozen times.  Yesterday (day six) a rainbow appeared.  The Prankster dragged Morty to the window and held him up by his ankles whereupon Morty admitted his error.  While the munchkin crew repaired the damage to the Prankster’s yard the Mayor of Munchkinland showed up, read a Proclamation of Apology and gave the Prankster a year’s supply of lollypops, two tickets to Wicked and a certificate for seven nights free at the Munchkinland Marriott.

P.S.  Does anyone have directions to Munchkinland?  Every time the Prankster enters “somewhere over the rainbow” into his GPS unit it begins to smoke.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 06:30:30 PM by Merry Prankster »

Offline trouble405

• Diamond Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 10:02:01 PM »
I woke up this morning with an uneasy  feeling.  The past two months of uncertainty was going to culminate today. How on earth did I ever think this would be easy!  I had no choice but to move forward now.  I must look "dignified".  Isn't that what our attorney said?  "Dignified".  A gray pencil skirt, white shirt and navy fitted blazer seemed to be "dignified".  Would it be too ostentatious to wear my big pearl necklace with matching earrings? I love them because Michael gave them to me but perhaps the simple gold chain would be better. I glance at the clock and realize whichever I choose, I better hurry or I will be late.  Running into the courtroom out of breath and all askew would certainly not be dignified!
Here's to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal