Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Paragraph contest Week 3  (Read 1067 times)

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
Paragraph contest Week 3
« on: May 18, 2014, 12:32:23 AM »
The winner of last weeks contest was TROUBLE405.
The reason I picked her paragraph because it was well written and I thought it would be the great beginning of a story.  It left me wanting to read more.  Did she get away on time, and what made her need to get away?  Congratulations Trouble on your well written paragraph.

Now would you put up a new starter sentence for our next paragraph contest.  The contest will last until next Sat. at midnight when you will choose the winner.
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline trouble405

• Diamond Bee
Re: Paragraph contest Week 3
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 12:08:34 PM »
Here we go!

The night sky was black as coal, even the stars could not see.
Here's to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 04:32:56 PM »
The night sky was black as coal, even the stars could not see. But Kiki could. She snuffled along, using her nose to see, to sniff out the way. She caught a whiff of a ripe, fruity, putrid pile of trash, but that wasn't it. The stench of the sewers, dead and dying fish from the polluted streambeds, smoky, charred trees from the once beautiful parks were quickly skirted and passed by. And then, there it was--faint, almost nonexistent, but there all the same. Kiki's ears perked up. Her nose went up in the air, and the hackles on her neck began to rise. A low rumble started deep down inside her throat....grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 10:54:12 PM »
The night sky was black as coal, even the stars could not see.  Mia tried cranking the car again, but now it was completely dead, not even the slight buzz of the engine that she had heard the last time she had tried cranking it.
Here she was on a dark lonely dirt road with nothing but her puppy, Champ, for company.  She felt around under the seats, pulling out an old broken umbrella, a plastic cup, a flip-flop, and finally a flashlight.  Mia gathered Champ in her arms and turned on the flashlight.  The light was dim and she knew it would soon go out.  Why didn't she think of things like this before taking a trip alone?   As she walked down the road the light grew dimmer and dimmer.  Then she saw the light up ahead. 
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 06:05:39 PM »
The night sky was black as coal, even the stars could not see.  ‘A good night for evil deeds,’ I thought as I neared the finish of my evening walk.  As if reading my mind, a chilling gust of malevolent wind struck the back of my neck and sent shivers down my spine.  I turned the corner of the sidewalk and thought I heard footsteps behind me.  Glancing back, I saw three shadowy figures on the edge of the dim halo cast by the streetlight disappear into the darkness.  The first tendrils of fear caused me to quicken my pace but the footsteps drew closer.  Then I heard whispering and a soft but menacing female voice say “Quiet!  This one belongs to me!”  Fear turned to panic as my front porch light came into view and I ran to my house, entered, and closed and locked the door behind me.  I no sooner leaned back against the door to catch my breath than the loud “DING DONG!” of my doorbell shattered the silence.  I fought back the panic that threatened to overwhelm me and after a few seconds I regained enough composure to turn and peer through the small pane of glass in the door.  The portion of the porch I could see appeared empty.  Curiosity briefly trumped my fear so I opened the door to look around.   Suddenly, three dark, hooded figures materialized out of the darkness and I froze in terror.   As they advanced towards my doorstep they dropped their hoods and my fear dissolved into a mixture of relief and embarrassment as I burst out laughing.   I recognized Dracula, the Wicked Witch of the West and Frankenstein as three of the neighborhood’s mischievous young teenagers on whom I had played a ghostly prank during the previous Halloween.  Dracula (Billy) cracked a sly smile, complete with fangs, and said: “Trick or treat Mr. P..”
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 12:07:58 AM by Merry Prankster »

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 09:34:07 AM »
The night sky was black as coal, even the stars could not see. The moon sighed with sadness and the sun roared out it's fury as the sucking blackness tugged at it satellites; slowly slowly the darkness pulled in the outer Kuiper Belt, devouring Pluto whole, then taking Neptune and Uranus piece by piece. Saturn's rings have already gone as the darkness grows till even the gas giants cannot resist it's deadly pull. Humanity watches in horror as one by one the lights go out.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal