Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Cancelled shows  (Read 2630 times)

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Cancelled shows
« on: May 09, 2015, 03:22:17 PM »
Of course, I liked some of these...especially Allegiance. I was really enjoying this one.
And, although I can't stand most comedies...I did like The Millers and The McCarthy's.
I also am watching, as I've posted here..American Odyssey...which I loved, minus the sub-titles which I found hard to read.
Oh well.... :smiley_confused1:

Here are some more cancelled shows:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/dozens-of-tv-shows-cancelled-as-networks-clean-house/ar-BBjshPh?ocid=iehp
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 03:25:47 PM by bacali »

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
Re: Cancelled shows
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 04:04:49 PM »
I did like Forever with it's blend of Highlander and forensic shows, but since I have a dozen of them waiting on my dvr, I can't say I was much help to them in the ratings.

It's not listed here but I've also read that ABC axed 'The Taste' (Anthony Bourdain's cooking competition show) which is a shame. It certainly had it's flaws but it was a nice filler show in the lean TV months.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 05:27:57 PM »
They did axe The Taste.  I wasn't watching but they didn't even give it a chance.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 04:01:16 PM »
The following list show the ones that are canceled and the ones that are on the fence.
CBS is not sure about  TAR and Survivor!!  They have listed many shows that are doing very well.

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2015/05/over-thirty-us-tv-shows-cancelled-full-list-here.html
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 08:15:49 PM »
I can see why Revenge is cancelled....because, honestly with the finale tonight, there is no where else for this show to go.
But, Stalker....another show I enjoy. :03:
Looks like I will have a lot of free time slots for programming pretty soon.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 08:17:26 PM »
Here's the site I usually know.  He helped me with soap research years ago.

http://tvline.com/2014/10/28/renewed-tv-shows-2015-renewal-scorecard-cancelled-series/

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 07:52:22 PM »
An interview with Ryan Seacrest ...about the cancellation of American Idol:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/ryan-seacrest-reacts-to-american-idol-cancellation/ar-BBjCaX3?ocid=iehp

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 08:18:52 PM »
The passing of American Idol---it was time, perhaps beyond time.  The show was never the same after the breakup of the original team---caustic Simon, wacky Paula and yo dawg! Jackson.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 12:08:16 PM »
Carly Smithsen brought the agent contestants to American Idol.  Season five changed the show and not necessarily for the better.  Where I saw things go downhill was when I called for Chris Daughtry and got "Thank you for calling for xxx (someone else)."  Everyone in NC got that message and Chris (it was either Taylor or what's her name).  We knew then it was rigged for Taylor to win.

My surprises were the following:
Mada Secretary -- the premise is good but Tea can be so boring.
The Bachelor -- they never marry the girl they choose.
Galavant -- worse show I ever saw.  Made no sense

News of two others
Sleepy Hollow -- unless NC comes through with big incentives, the show has already packed and moved from Wilmington to Atlanta. I don't think they'll find the town cooperation they had in WIlmington.

Hell's Kitchen -- it's the perpetual filler for FOX.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2015, 06:52:16 PM »
Carly Smithsen brought the agent contestants to American Idol.  Season five changed the show and not necessarily for the better.  Where I saw things go downhill was when I called for Chris Daughtry and got "Thank you for calling for xxx (someone else)."  Everyone in NC got that message and Chris (it was either Taylor or what's her name).  We knew then it was rigged for Taylor to win.

Katharine McPhee was another Season 5 contestant who had a very good voice.  She was runner-up to Mr. Body Spasm.  McPhee went on to star in a short-lived but high quality network TV series, SMASH.  It was an inside baseball story about Broadway and featured some excellent performances of pop songs and show tunes written for the show.  McPhee now stars in Scorpion.  Was is renewed?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 07:21:53 PM by Merry Prankster »

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2015, 02:20:32 PM »
Yes Scorpions was renewed. 

American Idol visited Greensboro one year and found Kelly Pickler (also season five).  I heard a lot of stuff from those auditions.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2015, 06:34:16 PM »
The Following was put to bed, two years too late.  They must have run out of people to kill.  The Prankster believes more Americans were lost during The Following than during the Civil War.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal