Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Once Upon a Time - ABC  (Read 20122 times)

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
Re: Once Upon a Time - ABC
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2015, 09:50:47 PM »
Day 7: Robert Carlyle

What can I really say about Robert Carlyle the man?

Practically nothing really. Other than obvious that he's really attractive (a trait not uncommon in actors and positively mandatory in actresses) and seems nice in interviews.

All I can really comment on is Robert Carlyle the actor. I've seen just about every movie he's ever made by now and one thing is for sure, however good or bad the movie... Robert Carlyle is always the most interesting person on screen.

Enough with the talking. On with the final and longest GIF parade of Robert Carlyle week!

Safe - hard to find!

Go Now - even harder find!

Cracker - Spoiler alert... he killed Doctor Who! (Good grief but he's awesome in this one)!

Trainspotting (hard movie for me to watch; but as I said above, HE is great in it)

Class of '76 (Good mystery/drama)

Dead Fish (Honestly I fast forwarded to RC's bits after awhile).

Plunkett and Macleane - I loved this one, except that I felt the language was a little coarse

The Full Monty - What's not to love? (Actually I didn't like the bit about RC not being allowed around his son :(  )

To End All Wars - probably the most important film he's ever made message wise. Very troubling to watch though. On a lighter note I think it may be the only film where he appears in a kilt (for a few minutes anyway).

Marilyn Hotchkiss Ballroom Dancing and Charm School - terrible title? Perhaps. But this is probably the movie of his that I've seen the most times. It's delightful.

Ravenous (Best cannibal movie ever!)

Hamish Macbeth (I read the books before I'd ever heard of the series or RC. It's got practically nothing in common with the books, but it has plenty of charm on it's own.)

California Solo (sad movie)

Stargate Universe!!!!!! (This is the show where I fell in love with RC. Fr the record it's even better than once upon a time!)

:88:  Robert Carlyle. What's not to love? :clap:

edited to add yet more movies. You're welcome!  :72:

« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 09:58:15 PM by Outlast »

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2015, 05:00:32 AM »
The good - I loved Cruellas's back story where we think she has this tragic past like all the other villains, but instead she's basically a psychopath with no obvious redeeming qualities and the sympathy we're having for the De vil is actually for her mother (Lady De vil?).

I also liked the confirmation that the author can cross realms (method yet unknown) and that Cruella's 20's life was a separate realm and NOT our world.

Cruella and Ursula apparently abandoned LIly and used her magic egg shell to keep themselves young.  :D

The bad - That cruel unfeeling scene they wrote in with Rumple and Belle! Funny how Regina has changed and has to be nice now... except to Gold, who had I remind you, just literally bared his heart right in front of her and not only did she mock him for it through Belle (if Belle agreed to this plan I've lost what little respect I had left for her character), but then commanded Belle to forget everything! :41:

I get Emma's point here, though like usual she's lashing out far more sharply than she needs too; Snow and Charming have changed from the heroes we were presented with in season one to a pair of bumbling idiots who blame every bad thing they do or cause to happen on someone else. Except for Cora who is bizarrely the only bad thing we've seen Snow really place the blame on her own head for.  :96:

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2015, 08:00:49 AM »
THE SHOW HAS BEEN RENEWED FOR SEASON 5.  Josh Dallas broke that yesterday on a television show in LA.

Okay -- I thought last night was basically a good episode.  Plot kept me interested the whole time.

Bad -- Emma when the darkness hit.  I finally got the idea squared away in my head for the book at church yesterday (don't laugh!) and realized that each season (mini-season had a theme.  Once I got that, I saw the clear way to write.  This mini-season is going to have to go free will versus magic.  Can good turn dark.  Sure she killed Cruella and the "darkness" entered her but the real question is will the "savior" rise above the darkness.  Come on, you know she will.  And that was a little far fetched in itself.

I'm not sure I liked the hair color coming from the ink of the pen.  That was a little over the top and seems to imply that the ink is evil.  What is the ink is what determines who the next author would be.  I've always had Henry pegged for this.

There are hints that there may be a way for Emma's goodness to remain.  Why else would the Sorcerer's Apprentice be back.  I have a new theory about the Sorcerer.  Some think its a reference to Walt Disney.  And that may be true but again I think they would insult us with that (but hey -- I called Purgatory on LOST during season one and it was denied.  I even posted it online.  Who was right?  Me!)  They have mentioned Narnia and I'm thinking that Aslan could be the Sorcerer.  If you read the Last Battle (the lsat book Aslan says he is known by many names in many lands.

The good:  Regina is good now is agreed.  I'm also thinking that Gold could be good once he gets past that pesky dagger but if he is good who would be bad.

Can we please get rid of Hook? He's just filler.

Henry was actually very good last night.  I like the fact that he was constantly thinking on his feet.  This kid may catch on yet and there is no indication that ABC is reviving "dead kid month" (which was in May in soap land).

NOW!  The real question is:  What stories are left to be told.  And I thought I saw a hint of Aladdin last night.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2015, 02:14:07 PM »

Can we please get rid of Hook? He's just filler.
:08: You know you've got my vote on that one. Rumple tried already and everyone acts like it was the most evil thing ever when at the very least it was no worse than Snow killing Cora. ...sorry my bias is showing there.

Yeah for season five! Heaven knows those writers need at least one more season to fix the mess they've made this season.

I agree that Henry should be the next author. I can see that as the ending for the whole series.

The ink was disappointing. I'd rather it was a single drop that did that to Cruellas hair. That would leave us wondering what the whole bottle might do to a person.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2015, 05:57:21 PM »
I agree last night's episode was well-done--imaginative and well-written.  I have a question---What happens if someone who is not the author attempts to write something using the quill and ink?  What is the source of the ink?  Blood from a black heart?

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2015, 09:37:52 AM »
And that question is still to be resolved.  Rumple thought that by killing Cruella, Emma's heart would be turned.  I now assumed he thought it would be because of the hair dye but I'm not so sure of that.  Let's face it -- Cruella is a sociopath.  The writer was not well chosen so the sorcerer wants him gone so I think he's not long for the show (or for life).  Henry is the obvious choice for the next writer unless August becomes the writer.  He has to have had some dealings with the Sorcerer since he knows of the book and the secrets.

So who gets the car?

So on to next season.  I've just printed out a list of Disney films and I'm not sure where they will go.  They can't do Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Sleeping Beauty, Rapunzel or Frozen, so are there any princess left  The only thing I could see at a first glance was the Princess and the Frog which was set in New Orleans.  We had hints of the Arthur story but nothing but we all now know that Lancelot was Cora.  Robin Hood has been done.  It would be hard to do an animal to human although Jimminy Cricket is the psychiatrist of Storybooke. 

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2015, 04:03:38 PM »
I'd also like to know if someone other than The Writer could use the magic quill and ink to change the story.

As for next season, I just read a post on Sucks saying something about an alternate reality where the villains never became villains. Interesting. As a long time sci-if fan I like this idea for an episode or two, but I'm not sure about it for a whole season. Eureka did this in a way by having five key townspeople travel back in time only to return to a changed future. In that case I fully expected them to go back and again and fix things, but no, the show chose to stick with it. I was always a little sad about that.

In Ouat wouldn't they face a few problems in doing that? For instance Rumple and Hook would be long dead by now if they hadn't become villains. And Emma might not even be here without Regina outlawing Snow.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2015, 06:02:52 PM »
Here is what the Prankster would like to see:  A season-ending cataclysm in Storybrook that takes out the following regulars:  Belle, Hook, Snow and Charming.
Not going to happen.

Regarding next season, if the writers are limited to Disney material, the pickings are getting slim.  Have they done Beauty and the Beast?  1001 Nights would be a rich source but I don't know how much of it Disney has.  I would love to see Sleepy Hollow but Fox already has a series.  Pirates of the Caribbean?  Mulan (occidental, anyone?).  Sorry, but i"m thinking as I write.

I propose two alternatives:  The Storybrook characters battle their doppelgangers of opposite nature for permanent residency in SB.  That would be a variation on what Outtie suggested.  The author story arc might open up this possibility.  Second, the writers create their own fairy tale.  Again, the author can write whatever he chooses.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2015, 07:27:05 PM »
Here is what the Prankster would like to see:  A season-ending cataclysm in Storybrook that takes out the following regulars:  Belle, Hook, Snow and Charming.
Not going to happen.

Agreed not gonna happen, but after this season I feel the same and that's coming from someone who has been quite fond of Charming in the past and who's favorite Disney character ever was Belle. The writers should have rotten tomatoes hurled at them for how they've written Belle this season. :banghead:

Charming and especially Snow have been annoying from nearly the beginning.

Have they done Beauty and the Beast? 

UM, 'cuse me?

-rollinglaugh-

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2015, 09:10:04 PM »
Oops!  Brain cramp, senior moment, dementia----pick one, pick all.  My bad. -duh-

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2015, 08:35:44 AM »
As for next season, I just read a post on Sucks saying something about an alternate reality where the villains never became villains. Interesting. As a long time sci-if fan I like this idea for an episode or two, but I'm not sure about it for a whole season. Eureka did this in a way by having five key townspeople travel back in time only to return to a changed future. In that case I fully expected them to go back and again and fix things, but no, the show chose to stick with it. I was always a little sad about that.

What is that the good Doctor Who says:  you can't affect time and space.  I don't like that at all because it reeks of messing with history.  Could Emma even be included?  Would Pan be bad?  Where would Pan land in this?  And Cora?  Do we need her return?  I think it's a bad idea but wouldn't be surprised if they try it. 

By the way, I LOVED Eureka.  And remember those episodes well.  (Note to self:  pull the Eureka DVDs and rewatch this summer!)

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2015, 08:54:52 AM »
Okay -- I pulled Disney movies but been too busy.  Only reason I can do this now is I'm waiting for programs to run.  Here's what fairy tales/movies have been tackled and I may  miss a few:

Snow White (who is supposed to be teh key family on the show), Cinderella, Red Riding Hood, Pinocchio, Alice in Wonderland (why else do we have Will Scarlett from Wonderland), Robin Hood, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, One Hundred and One Dalmations (hard to do now Cruella is gone), Medusa, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin (somewhat from Wonderland and it looks to be touched on next week), Tangled, Frozen

They haven't done Tarzan, Hercules, the Aristocats, Treasure Island, Sleepy Hollow (which they probably can't do because the other show is on FOX), Lady and the Tramp, Darby O'Gill and the Little People, Jungle Book, Zorro, Babes in Toyland, Lobo, Sword in the Stone (though Charming did play with this one), Fighting Prince of Donegal, Love Bug (and Emma drives one), The Princess Diaries,  Lilo and Stitch, Atlantis, the Haunted Mansion, Sky High, The Shaggy Dog (Hook please), Cars, The Princess and the Frog.

I don't think they'd attempt Pirates of the Carribbean.  They're making a new one now.

Stories apparently dropped -- the Sorcerer's Apprentice.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2015, 07:36:29 AM »
What I'd like to see on OUAT tonight...

Gold gets Zelena and Robin Hood back in town and at the town line he leverages Robin Hood's heart to get Belle's heart (which Regina admits she's had for months, thus explaining Belle's behavior in the only satisfactory manner left) back. Once he has Belle's hear safely tucked in his jacket he looks Regina right in the eye and tosses Robin Hood's heart over the town line where it turns into a normal (meaty) heart and then he tells Pongo to 'fetch'. Horrified Regina runs over the line to save the heart, forgetting that once she crosses the town line she can't come back without the Snow Queen's magic scroll, which Rumple has tucked in another pocket (a pocket sealed by magic no less). Then while Zelena is laughing wickedly over Regina and Pongo fighting for Robin's heart, Rumple takes advantage of the situation and shoves her over the town line where she is virtually powerless, pulls out a pistol and shoots her saying, 'this is for Baelfire' and then once more with, 'this is for me'. By now Regina has the heart from Pongo and is wondering if it's got any holes in it when she suddenly realizes her situation and turns to face Gold, though of course she can't see him as the town and all its inhabitants are now invisible to her. She snarls threats about how he'd better let her back in or else, but Rumple doesn't respond for some time. About an hour later Regina is sitting cross-legged in front of the barrier cradling Robin's heart and occasionally shooing Pongo away when a small scroll is thrown through the barrier. She runs to it in excitement assuming her 'friends' have managed to get the scroll from the Dark One, but instead she unscrolls a note from Rumple telling her to leave the heart at the town line and start waking Pongo away, if she does this Rumple will reach through and save Robin's heart on the strict understanding that Regina is banished from Storybook forever. With few options Regina does as he says and begins the long long long walk to New York (at least SHE doesn't have to walk all that distance with a frickin' limp!) vowing revenge all the way. Rumple returns Robin's heart and advises him to return to Regina in New York. He does. Rumple returns Belle's heart and she loves him once more. He tells her what Regina did and she is glad he forced her over the line. The Charmings admit their many misdeeds were in fact their own fault and they make up with Emma. Hook goes missing a short time later and though Gold looks awfully happy these days, no one questions him on the matter except for Emma who is soon far too busy playing house with Pinocchio to care about a delinquent pirate. Rumple who is now cleaved from his dagger thanks to Hook's sacrifice is wall-papering a baby room in his rather large estate while the Author sits in his room there happily writing out bunches of happy ending for everyone who deserves one with Henry by his side learning the trade. THE END

What's more likely to happen is more heartbreak for Rumple and I, while Regina gets everything she wants with no consequences for her own bad behavior at all. ....But I like my version better!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 07:39:50 AM by Outlast »

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2015, 08:49:42 PM »
Slow up to the end.  Don't want to say too much but Lilith knew more all along than Emma.  And Wow!  Regina and Emma on the same side.  I guess that Zelena is next week.  So say I with 11 minutes.  I'm betting Zelena ends up somehow going on over til next year.

Edited to Add!  Wow!  Oh Wow! I thought it might happened but no way did I think it would happen this season.  Next season is going to have to have Zelena in it and Maleficient.  And we've got to get Rumple's heart back to good.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 09:02:45 PM by LindaM »

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2015, 09:30:09 PM »
Such infuriating crap. So Regina DID have Belles heart all along (some hero right?) and Rumple returns it and... Nothing. No wait Rumple please come back? No I love you? Apparently heartless Belle and hearted Belle are pretty much the same person. thanks writers.

Regina told Emma she no longer had her 'leverage' over Gold... did Emma know about Belles heart? Or are all the so called heroes on this show too selfish to care about someone who isn't Henry, Snow, Charming, Hook, Emma or Regina? Apparently Belle does a lot of babysitting for baby Neal, so you'd think they'd care a little bit or maybe not.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal