Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: NFL Football  (Read 6175 times)

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
NFL Football
« on: December 08, 2014, 06:07:08 PM »
This topic is for all things related to NFL football.  The Prankster will start.

Since the glory days of Joe Gibbs I (circa 1991), the Washington Pigsty has made the playoffs FOUR times and won a total of ONE playoff game.  Yesterday was a new low.

The St. Louis Rams (5-7 at game time), shut out the Pigsty 24-0 AT THE PIGSTY.  The fifth season in the past six years in which the Pigsty has lost at least TEN games.  The Prankster would outline what needs to be fixed but this site does not possess sufficient storage space.  Suffice it to say Napoleon on the Potomac had his Waterloo the day he purchased the team.  Hockey anyone?

Offline Lady Bel1

• Silver Bee
Re: NFL Football
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 01:21:32 PM »
Ugh......hockey, don't get me started!   :41:

GO PATS!!!!!

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 07:51:24 PM »
Thank God the NFL season is over.  The Prankster has eight months to dream of a Pigskins championship team before he is confronted with the reality of the annual abomination provided courtesy of Bozo on the Potomac.

The Merry Prognosticator now will make his Super Bowl predictions:

NFC Champion:  Seattle Seahawks
Dark Horse:       Dallas Cowboys

AFC Champion:  New England Patriots
Dark Horse:       Winner of Steelers/Ravens

Super Bowl:       Seattle 23, New England 17  (sorry Grumpy Old Man and Pretty Boy)

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 05:45:12 PM »
Some random observations on this weekend's playoff games:

If the Super Bowl is as good as the Patriots-Ravens game the Prankster will be happy.  Tom Brady may be a Pretty Boy but he is also one heck of a QB.

Discount double-check had a great second half but if he doesn't regain mobility before the Seahawks game he should make sure his life insurance is paid up.

Those who watched the Broncos-Colts game might have witnessed the passing of the torch from the Old Master to the up and coming New Master.  Andrew Luck is good enough to beat the Patriots but the rest of his team isn't.  Is this the end of the trail for Peyton Manning?

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 06:15:20 PM »
Random observations.

NFC Championship:  It will be a long time before the Packers recover from this loss.  It is still hard to believe the Seahawks won.

AFC Championship:  The Patriots had a superior game plan on both sides of the ball.  They exposed the Colts for what they are---no better than the fourth or fifth best team in the AFC.

Super Bowl:  Seattle's putrid offense (for 55 minutes) has shaken the Prankster's faith in the Seahawks.  However, was this miraculous victory achieved just so the Seahawks could lose the Super Bowl?  The Prankster believes not.  Most experts will focus on Seattle's D vs. NE's O.  The Prankster believes the game will be decided on Seattle's O vs. New England's D and by a big play on special teams.  The final score:

Seahawks 24, Patriots 23.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 07:59:08 PM »
So disappointed my cheeseheads didn't hold it together.

Offline Sergeant Prankster

• Gold Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 05:07:30 PM »
Until more is known, in the tradition of The Graduate Sarge has one word in reaction to deflate gate:  "Shrinkage." :c029: :smiley_confused1:

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2015, 01:44:33 AM »
Shouldn't they penalize this team for doing this to the footballs? If I were a player on the other team and heard this, I'd sure think so.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2015, 05:25:34 PM »
Shouldn't they penalize this team for doing this to the footballs? If I were a player on the other team and heard this, I'd sure think so.

If the NFL finds the Patriots under inflated footballs there will be penalties, probably a significant fine ($1 million or more) and possibly forfeiture of a draft pick.  There could be additional penalties, i.e., suspensions, fines, depending upon what the NFL finds regarding who did/knew what and when they did/knew it.   Nothing in the way of suspensions will be imposed until after the Super Bowl.  The Prankster's guess---the Patriots will pull a collective Sergeant Schulz ("I know nothing") or some poor low-level schmuck will take the fall.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2015, 06:21:28 PM »
The verdict is in on Deflategate---Tom Brady was "generally aware"  that his balls were deflated before a game.  The Prankster's reaction:  WTF?  Was the guy under anesthesia?  Did the investigators talk to Giselle?

Seriously, based upon what the Prankster has read about the Wells report, Tom Brady lied.  He was up to his eyeballs in deflategate. Does anyone really believe that some low-level locker room/equipment guys deflated the balls on their own?  Brady spent over an hour on the phone right after the scandal broke with one of the locker room attendants implicated in the scandal.   Does anyone believe they were discussing a double date with Giselle and one of her supermodel friends?  Brady also refused to surrender his cell phone to investigators so they could check for phone calls and texts.  Tom, you are guilty as sin and you lied about it.

Fallout?  Brady's legacy as a QB will not suffer, except for those who already hate the Patriots.  As a person--who cares?

Punishment---fines and a suspension for Brady.  He should be suspended for 8 games---4 for deflategate and 4 for lying about his role in deflategate.  What will Brady actually get---probably no more than two games, possibly as many as 4.  As always, Goodell will cave to the money.  The NFL cannot have one of its biggest stars off the field for too long.

Same old story.  The General issues the orders, things go wrong, the General gets a slap on the wrist and the privates get shot.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 06:28:28 PM by Merry Prankster »

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2015, 06:57:11 PM »
You know if it happened once, it happened before.  I think the Patriots should have a punishment that hurts -- like a Super Bowl rescinded.  I also think they should not be allowed to play in this year's Superbowl and Brady disappear forever.  He's really not that good.  Of course, I'm in Panther country where hope springs eternal that we will make another Superbowl.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2015, 05:59:06 PM »
The NFL would never yank the Super Bowl title from the Patriots----Goodell's balls are even more deflated than Brady's.   Here is something the NFL might consider:

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2015, 07:14:54 PM »
I think it's a shame that more isn't done.
I just listened to Bob Costas on The NBC nightly news...he said that he thought "maybe
" Brady would be suspended the one Thursday night game..
But, ...also that people are now watching and the year we've had maybe more will actually be done.  :sign0103:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal