Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: weel 13 contest  (Read 1087 times)

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
weel 13 contest
« on: July 25, 2014, 06:13:09 PM »
Whenever you choose the winner for week 12 trouble405 you can post it here and contact them to put up a new sentence as soon as they can.
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline trouble405

• Diamond Bee
Re: weel 13 contest
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 11:25:18 PM »
Oh my goodness.  I loved all 3 of the stories!  I want to read more of each!  I found it interesting that each of you went to the dark side again!!  Ultimately I have to make a choice (can you tell I am stalling here!!) and I am choosing Merry Prankster. 

Please start a new sentence!
Here's to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 05:26:32 PM »
Thank you trouble405.  I echo your sentiments, any of the submissions could have been selected.

This week's sentence:

His life had been as close to perfect as life could be, until yesterday.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 08:04:24 PM »
His life had been as close to perfect as life could be, until yesterday. Funny how a few seconds of delay could make such a world of difference. That phone call from work he just had to take, the empty cat food dish, the hose laying across the driveway that needed to be rolled up and put away, the empty gas tank that needed to be filled..he had been running late. He remembered climbing into his car and gunning it down the driveway, a zillion things to do running through his mind. Too late he heard and felt the thump thump of something underneath his wheels.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 10:27:24 PM »
His life had been as close to perfect, as life could be, until yesterday.
He was only 19, and was having the time of his life. But, wasn't that what youth was all about?
He did love the ladies and his surfing job certainly put him in the right place to meet most of bathing beauties that descended on town during the summer .Plus, the money he made helped with his nightlife.
Things couldn't get any better than this.
However, he knew things would be returning to normal very soon. He was accepted into Harvard on a football scholarship. Once he was at school, he would buckle down and get back into his groove.
He had finished all his pre-season paperwork and had gone yesterday for the physical.. once this was behind him, nothing would stop him from owning the world.
He was so nonchalant answering the phone this morning, his head in the clouds.
So many plans for another great day and a fun-filled night... came screeching to a halt....with the words on the phone.
Sir, we'd like to see you in our office as soon as possible for a skin biopsy, it appears that we detected something that needs immediate attention!   

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
Re: week 13 contest
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 10:47:01 PM »
His life had been as close to perfect as life could be, until yesterday. She said she liked him. She said they'd go out on a date when they got out. Her eyes followed him everywhere. Even when she wasn't looking at him, he could feel her pulling him to her side. His friends didn't understand. They couldn't see what he saw in her. She was quality. The kind you bring home to mom and dad. She was gorgeous, beautiful, dazzling, stunning and she don't talk too much. What more could a guy ask for? But yesterday he found out that she was a liar! She didn't love him after all. She was just using him. Using HIM! And after everything he'd done for her too. It's a good thing for him that his bros have his back. So so long Amber, don't let the door hit ya on your way out. Now this beast-mode cowboy can get all this romantic crap out of his head and go back to running this house. Yee-haw!

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 12:14:49 PM »
His life had been as close to perfect as life could be,  until yesterday.  He was born rich and had inherited a thriving company when his father died.  How lucky could a man be, he thought as he got out of bed, put on his purple velvet robe and walked out on the balcony overlooking the lake.  His beautiful new bride some arrived with his breakfast and coffee and sat down beside him.  How lucky he was that she dropped her purse on the sidewalk in front of him that day, he thought.  Otherwise they might have never met.  His plans for the day were to take the boat out on the lake for a little fishing.  It was too bad he didn't know it would be his last day on earth as his beautiful bride had planned for his accidental death on the lake. 
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal