Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Week 17  (Read 2821 times)

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
Week 17
« on: August 25, 2014, 07:30:26 PM »
Who will it be? Trouble405 will have to give us the news.  Whoever it is I am sure did a  :sign0098:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 07:32:18 AM by Snowbird »
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline trouble405

• Diamond Bee
Re: Week 17
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 02:16:40 PM »
oh my gosh it is always so hard to choose -- this is the only part of the contest I dislike!!  having to choose!

Outtie - you always slay me!  TWO stories this time??? And both so good.  I especially liked the one where they threw a body from the car!! Oh my!

MP - I think you must be a professional writer!  I love the Carl twist -- and a child!!  hehehe 

Snowbird -- I love how you describe the elderly man! I wonder how Priscilla is going to react to him!

Prairie Dawn -- I have a friend that gave up a child for adoption almost 30 years ago and wears a locket with his baby picture in it.  She has registered to meet him if he ever wants.  I couldn't help but be touched by this story.

Bacali -- A NUN!!!!  Great plot line --I wonder if she stays!

In the end I must make a choice.  I am wringing my hands!  The envelope goes to . . . Prairie Dawn!!! 

Your turn to start a sentence.   
Here's to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 10:56:59 PM »
Trouble, did you figure out who the elderly man was?  Anyone else want to take a guess?
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 12:11:16 AM »
Trouble, did you figure out who the elderly man was?  Anyone else want to take a guess?

Elvis !

Offline trouble405

• Diamond Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 11:08:21 PM »
You know when I first saw the name Priscilla I thought Elvis!!  I am going to see his home this Friday!!! (probably just the outside as we drive through)
Here's to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.

Offline Prairie Dawn

• Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 12:33:57 PM »
oh my gosh it is always so hard to choose -- this is the only part of the contest I dislike!!  having to choose!

Outtie - you always slay me!  TWO stories this time??? And both so good.  I especially liked the one where they threw a body from the car!! Oh my!

MP - I think you must be a professional writer!  I love the Carl twist -- and a child!!  hehehe 

Snowbird -- I love how you describe the elderly man! I wonder how Priscilla is going to react to him!

Prairie Dawn -- I have a friend that gave up a child for adoption almost 30 years ago and wears a locket with his baby picture in it.  She has registered to meet him if he ever wants.  I couldn't help but be touched by this story.

Bacali -- A NUN!!!!  Great plot line --I wonder if she stays!

In the end I must make a choice.  I am wringing my hands!  The envelope goes to . . . Prairie Dawn!!! 

Your turn to start a sentence.

Awwwww! Thanks!  -Bee-

Should I post the new sentence here?  Okay, here goes......

For as long as she could remember, Abby always followed the rules.  Her behavior and manners as a child, impeccable.  Perfect grades, top college, perfect marriage, perfect house, wonderful children.  However, Abby harbored a secret........
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 12:40:52 PM by Prairie Dawn »

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 07:25:47 PM »

For as long as she could remember, Abby always followed the rules.  Her behavior and manners as a child, impeccable.  Perfect grades, top college, perfect marriage, perfect house, wonderful children.  However, Abby harbored a secret......
It had started when her children were quite young and she found her life was missing something. Just what , she couldn't quite put her finger on.
Her mornings were hectic getting them off to school, and she was quite busy cleaning up the breakfast mess and doing her everyday chores, but, the children weren't due home on the school bus until 3:30 pm. This left seven hours for Abby to fill , and a job was out of the question...or was it?
Her husband, Brad, prided himself on being the "bread winner for his family"and they had had numerous discussions,through the years, about Abby returning to her writing career.
This had always ended in Abby agreeing with Brad, that her place was at home ...."for the children".
Then one lovely Spring day, Abby was on her way home .She had again met the girls...for lunch.
It was only 1:30pm and she had two hours before the bus would deliver her precious cargo back home.
I know, she thought...maybe, she would go visit a neighbor she had been thinking about.
Mrs.H, as the children had fondly called her, was elderly and her family had finally decided a "residence" would be the perfect new home for her. So, that's what she would do. She would stop and get some flowers and visit Mrs. H.
What she found saddened her.
Her elderly friend was sitting alone and sadly hadn't had a visitor in a long time.
She remembered how Mrs H. loved to read, but, now with failing vision , old-man time had taken this joy away from her.
So, Abby picked up a near-by magazine and began to read to Mrs. H. It was just a short little story about gardening.
How the old woman's eyes became alive !!
The next week, Mrs. H. was joined by a friend, so Abby read to them both...and found that after a few weeks, she was actually reading books to them chapter by chapter and her audience consisted of most of the residents.
What a joy it was for them, but, Abby realized on her way there one day...that she was enjoying this just as much as they were. THIS was what had been missing in her life!!
She didn't need a "paying" job when being with these lovely people over-filled her heart.
Now, you may ask....why was Abby keeping this a secret? Well, you see, Abby had never changed. She was still the same ... what others may consider "perfect"
Let this act of kindness be her "secret"...real giving is when no one else knows...and this is the way "perfect" Abby wanted it to be.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 12:26:50 AM »
For as long as she could remember, Abby always followed the rules.  Her behavior and manners as a child, impeccable.  Perfect grades, top college, perfect marriage, perfect house, wonderful children.  However, Abby harbored a secret.  There were times when she didn't think about the secret and she was at peace, but sometimes, especially when she hear about similar incidences on the news, she remembered that horrible night.  She had been to a college friends wedding in Tennessee and was heading back home to South Carolina.  She and Bryan had only been married a few months and his job kept him from going with her.  She decided to take the shorter way back home through the Smokey Mountain National Forrest.  Bryan had warned her that although this way was closer, the roads were winding and treacherous but she was in a hurry to get home to him.  She wished she had followed his advice, especially when it started pouring rain.  She turned on her headlights but the driving rain hit upon her windshield and it was difficult for her to see.  Suddenly as she rounded a curve there was a figure standing in the road.  She was unable to avoid hitting the person, the body bounced off her front bumper, and she saw it flying through the air.  She was too afraid to stop her car and look, and in shock she drove on home.  She didn't know how she was able to do  it but she managed.  She didn't think about the damage to her car until she got out in her garage.  She told Bryan  that something big had fallen off a truck and hit her car.  When he questioned her about going to the police she told him she just panicked and could only think of getting home.  She then started bawling and he had taken her in his arms and assured her that it would be alright.  For weeks afterward she was afraid someone would come for her because of the hit and run but since it happened two states away she finally realized that she was probably safe.  Now she had to live with this secret and wonder if she had actually killed someone.  She knew she would go to her grave without knowing.   

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2014, 11:52:12 PM »
For as long as she could remember, Abby always followed the rules.  Her behavior and manners as a child, impeccable.  Perfect grades, top college, perfect marriage, perfect house, wonderful children.  However, Abby harbored a secret... or to be more precise her husband did. You see the secret Abbey harbored was that she was a clone. A perfect replica of the real Abby, who had abandoned her husband after only two years of marriage. Her childhood was a lie programmed into her partially synthetic mind by her genius husband, who only realized how much he loved her after she left. Their children were clones too. Pre-programmed to be perfect... just like their mother. But all secrets, no matter how well kept, can lead to trouble. A fact Abby's husband was about to realize as the real Abby raised her fist to knock on his door...

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 05:48:42 PM »
For as long as she could remember, Abby always followed the rules.  Her behavior and manners as a child, impeccable.  Perfect grades, top college, perfect marriage, perfect house, wonderful children.  However, Abby harbored a secret that might not be a secret much longer.  Her perfect world, her perfect life began to spin around her, faster and faster.  Abby felt dizzy and short of breath, staggered to a chair and fell into it.  How could this have happened?  She had been so careful, so thorough, erased every trace of it from her life.  Once she caught her breath and regained her senses she picked up the crumpled piece of paper and began to read it again:  “Dear Abby, I believe you are my biological mother......"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal