Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Season 5 begins--The Wars to Come  (Read 1222 times)

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Season 5 begins--The Wars to Come
« on: April 12, 2015, 11:52:54 PM »
First episode aired tonight, and it began with a Cersei flashback. She was a bratty young thing of 12 or so, dragging along a friend to the witches home deep in the woods to have her fortune told. The witch told her she would be a queen for a time, until another, younger and more beautiful one came along to cast her down and take all she holds dear. The king would have 20 children, and she would have 3--gold would be their crowns, and gold their shrouds.
Back to the present, and Cersei is traveling in a litter to her father's funeral. She climbs a long set of stairs and enters the church alone to find Jaime standing guard over Tywin. Jaime tries to warn her that their enemies will try to take all Tywin has built for them. She is still holding onto her hatred for Tyrion to the exclusion of all else. She asks Jaime if he freed him from prison, his silence speaks volumes. She turns to him furiously and says to him--Tyrion killed our father on purpose, you killed him by mistake. Take a look at him, he loved you more than anyone in this world.

Through a hole in a crate, we see the world bump along until we reach a courtyard. Varys unpacks Tyrion, who is barely able to walk, but still able to drink. Tyrion complains, Varys takes in all the whining, Tyrion drinks some more, vomits, and pours himself some more wine.

The Unsullied pull down the winged harpy from the top of the pyramid in Meereen. One of them, White Rat, walks down an alley of prostitutes, pays one, and goes inside. She lies down with him, strokes his hair, and hums a soothing song. Then she takes a knife and slits his throat.
Dani hears about this and is told that conquerors meet resistance, that the people of Meereen don't see them as people. Dani says they will bury him publicly with honor in the Temple of Graces, and if that makes them angry--then angry men lash out, and will be easier to find. She orders them to find the men who did this and bring them to her.
Missendei meets up  with Grey Worm and asks him why an Unsullied would go to a brothel. Grey Worm has no answer, at least none he wants to tell her, and leaves her standing.

Jon is in the practice yard at the wall training a young recruit who is performing poorly. Ser Alister looks down his nose at the men of the Wall and says to his companion--they need a firm hand, they're poachers and thieves, not soldiers. He hates the Wildlings. Sam and Gilly watch on, Gilly expresses concern that Sam will send her away.
Melissandre comes for Jon and takes him to the top of the Wall to meet with Stannis. On the way, she asks Jon if he is a virgin. (UH-OH). Stannis and Jon have a conversation about Winterfell, How Roose Bolton, the man who plunged a knife into his brother Robb, rules there now. Stannis wants Jon to persuade Mance and the Wildlings to fight for him, and he will retake Winterfell from Roose. Jon is unbelieving at first, but Stannis says if they do, he will pardon them, and give them lands. Davos pipes in as well, saying it is a fair offer, they will be citizens of the realm. Stannis also says that Mance will have to bend his knee, Jon thinks that is unlikely, but Stannis says he has until nightfall to persuade him.

Sansa and Baelish watch young Lord Robin sparring poorly.

A bitter Brienne is trying to get rid of Pod. She has no purpose now, Pod is safe, he has no reason to stay with her, and she no reason to keep him around. She is not a knight and he is not a squire.

Sansa and Baelish are traveling in a carriage to 'a land where Cersei can't get her hands on you.'

Cersei is standing above the crowd in the hall after her father's funeral with Loras behind her mouthing his sympathies, which she only half hears. Her attention is focused on Margaery--who is having words with Tommen. She sees Tommen reach out his hand to her. Down to the main floor she goes, brushing past Pycelle and then running into her cousin Martell who is dressed in a plain and simple robe--the robe of the Sparrows. His father calls them bloody fanatics, religion has it's place to a certain point, but they never came around when Tywin was alive. Cersei goes off alone, staring out a window, when cousin Martell finds her. He tells her he was led into the darkness, had unnatural relations with her, asks for forgiveness and that he is a different person, and has found peace. He tells her she can, too, and that he will pray for her father's soul. Cersei laughs.

Loras and his lover (Oliver) are rudely interrupted by his sister Margaery, who chases Oliver off and tells her brother that the king is waiting. And he should be more discreet. Loras wonders why since everyone knows everything anyway. Now that Tywin is dead, he does not have to marry Cersei anymore.

Tyrion is still drinking, hasn't put down his cup since he was unpacked from his crate. He tells Varys--you risked your life to save me. Varys tells him he did it for the 7 kingdom. That he doesn't believe in saviors but he believes in men of talent and that they have a part to play. Any fool can be born into power, but earning your way into it takes a lot of work. Tyrion doesn't like the sound of 'work'. Varys thinks he is that person, that he has an instinct for politics and compassion. Tyrion says--compassion? I killed my lover, and shot my own father. Varys--I never said you were perfect. Tyrion--what do you want? Varys--peace, prosperity, a place where the  powerful do not prey on the powerless. Tyrion snorts--castles made of gingerbread, and moats of blackberry wine! The powerful always prey on the powerless. Varys suggests that perhaps they've grown so used to horror they assume there is no other way. He asks Tyrion if he sat on the Iron Throne would he spread misery? You would never sit on the throne, but you could help someone else climb there. Someone who is stronger than Tommen, gentler than Stannis, can intimidate high lords, inspire people, is loved by millions, has a powerful army, and the right family name. Tyrion says--Good luck finding him! Varys--Who said anything about him? You have a choice my friend, stay here and drink yourself to death, or ride with me to Meeren to meet Daenerys Targaryen. Tyrion--Can I drink myself to death on the way to Meereen? (lol)

Dani's ambassador to Yunkai has returned to tell her the masters will cede their power to a council made of freed men and former slave holders under one condition--she reopen the fighting pits, which she refuses to do. Later that night, she speaks of this with Daario, expecting him to agree with her. He surprises her by telling her that is exactly what she should do. He goes on to tell her how his mother sold him as a slave when he was 12, that he was put into the fighting pits, that he learned how to fight well, made lots of money for his master, was freed, became part of the Second Sons, and eventually found her. He told her--They made me who I am. I am the only one who will speak the truth to you, you've made 1000's of enemies all across the world, as soon as they see weakness they will attack. Show your strength. You're the Mother of Dragons. Dani tells him she hasn't seen Drogon in weeks, she can't control them. Daario tells her a dragon queen with no dragons is not a queen.
Dani goes into the underground cavern and calls her dragons. They charge at her, breathing fire. She dashes fearfully away.

At the Wall, Jon has a last visit with Mance. He tries to persuade Mance to bend his knee to Stannis, but Mance refuses. He will lose the respect of his people. He asks how he will be die--beheading? hanging? Jon tells him they will burn him at the stake. Mance--bad way to go, better than betraying everything I believe. Jon--what happens to your people? You preserve your dignity, but what happens when the white walkers come and there's no one left to sing? Mance replies--If you can't understand why I won't enlist my people in a foreigner's war there's no point in explaining. Jon tells him he is making a mistake and leaves.
Mance is let to the stake and given one last chance to bend his knee to Stannis but doesn't take it. He is tied to the stake and Mellisandre lights the pyre as everyone watches on. The flames grow higher, Mance begins to feel the pain of the flames, Jon can stand it no more and leaves. He shoots an arrow into Mance to end his misery.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
Re: Season 5 begins--The Wars to Come
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 08:14:54 PM »
Ponytail, you do a fantastic job on these GoT updates.  The Prankster probably speaks for many when he says "thank you."

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Season 5 begins--The Wars to Come
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 09:30:55 AM »
Thank you so much, MP. They take awhile to do, so it's nice to know you appreciate them!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal