Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Once Upon a Time General Discussion Thread  (Read 31298 times)

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
Re: Once Upon a Time General Discussion Thread
« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2016, 06:16:39 PM »
OUAT keeps knocking it out of the park during Season 5B.  A few random thoughts (does MP have any other kind?):

Hades is the best villain at least since Pan, but MP agrees with Outtie that he should lose the blue flaming hair. The Prankster has liked Greg Germann ever since he played the senior law partner on Allie McBeal.  As Hades, he strikes the perfect balance between high camp and drama.  Zelena's paramour?  Delicious.  A match made in....Hell?

MP is glad the Sorcerer's Apprentice talked some sense into Henry.  He hinted that the quill/author has the power to bring someone back from the Underworld, "...the rules here are more flexible."  MP believes we still do not know what the quill's unfinished business is.

Cruella's scenes with Charming were great.  MP just wishes we would see more of her car (so cool!).  James and Charming are headed for a reckoning over Mommy Dearest's choice.

MP liked Hook in this episode.  Perhaps there is hope. 

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2016, 08:03:22 AM »
So agree about Hook. 

Regarding the flaming head, according to someone that comes from a Disney movie.  I'm not sure which one.  I only watch the Princess movies with my goddaughters and have not seen it there.

Not sure where they're going.  But here's something to ponder on.  Yes, 5b has been very good.  Probably one of the best arches they've done.  Adam Horowitz just released a big tease from Sunday's show.  It is a clip of Rumple spinning straw to make a portal for Hades to Storybrook.  Seems he wants to go and bring back someone that's alive. There's also been a tweet leaked by him of a line by the Blue Fairy who is babysitting the children.  If I'm guessing right, old Hades is going into the baby stealing business.  I just put on Adam's page -- I hope this isn't going where I think it is.  It isn't even May.  I think they're planning to steal Charming's child and will get both babies.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2016, 05:30:03 PM »

Not sure where they're going.  But here's something to ponder on.  Yes, 5b has been very good.  Probably one of the best arches they've done.  Adam Horowitz just released a big tease from Sunday's show.  It is a clip of Rumple spinning straw to make a portal for Hades to Storybrook.  Seems he wants to go and bring back someone that's alive. There's also been a tweet leaked by him of a line by the Blue Fairy who is babysitting the children.  If I'm guessing right, old Hades is going into the baby stealing business.  I just put on Adam's page -- I hope this isn't going where I think it is.  It isn't even May.  I think they're planning to steal Charming's child and will get both babies.

The Prankster likes the speculation.  With Zelena returning for 5B, perhaps the verdant vixen will play upon Hades' affections to persuade him to kidnap her baby.  And as long as he's already there.........

The Prankster just had another thought.  Perhaps Hades kidnaps unnamed baby girl to bring Zelena to him.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 05:46:19 PM by Merry Prankster »

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2016, 10:07:36 PM »

The Prankster just had another thought.  Perhaps Hades kidnaps unnamed baby girl to bring Zelena to him.
I think you may have solved the riddle MP. That sounds like a nice 'evil' plan (though why bringing a baby to her mother is evil I don't know, but I'd bet the heroes will be against it) and now in honor of the original myth of Persephone I move that we call the baby Pomegranate Seed. Get it?

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2016, 11:28:41 PM »

I think you may have solved the riddle MP. That sounds like a nice 'evil' plan (though why bringing a baby to her mother is evil I don't know, but I'd bet the heroes will be against it) and now in honor of the original myth of Persephone I move that we call the baby Pomegranate Seed. Get it?

Well done, Outtie.

OMG!   Go to Wikipedia and plug in "Persephone."  You need not read past line one.  Is it possible?

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2016, 08:23:13 AM »
Oh my heck MP... Line one of the wiki page quoted below!

In Greek mythology, Persephone (/pəˈsɛfəni/, per-seh-fə-nee; Greek: Περσεφόνη), also called Kore or Cora (/ˈkɔəriː/; "the maiden"),[n 1] is the daughter of Zeus and the harvest goddess Demeter, and is the queen of the underworld.

Dare I say the writers may actually have done a bit of research this season? I certainly didnt remember that name Cora being associated with Persephone.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #96 on: April 01, 2016, 01:34:52 PM »
Someone (I forgot who) spoiled it last night and said the portal was to bring Belle, the baby and Zelena to Hades.  He wants Zelena's child.  Interesting.  Checking wiki now.

Edited to add: Just read the line and yes very interesting.  Is this going to be a case of "I am my own grandma?"
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 01:37:05 PM by LindaM »

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #97 on: April 01, 2016, 05:07:35 PM »
Yikes!  Hades is depopulating Storybrooke at a rate faster than Detroit.    Soon he will have to build an Underworld version of Motel 6 to house all the visitors.  Oops, the Prankster forgot.  Motel 6 is already the Underworld version.

Belle is bound to discover that Rumple is Dark One 2.0.  Fireworks at 6.   There are so many actual and potential storylines the Prankster will need a notebook and a scorecard.

The Prankster discovered what the blockbuster ending to Season 5B will be.  Many years ago, Cora and Hades conceived a baby boy.   Faeries stole him at birth and whisked him off to parents in the real world.  In an act of revenge, Cora placed a curse on the world of the living that would make her son grow up to be the bane of human existence.  His identity………

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY!  (better?)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 07:54:45 PM by Merry Prankster »

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #98 on: April 01, 2016, 05:45:05 PM »
ack! Must you post such a large picture of that man, MP?

PALATE CLEANSERS

Awwwww so much better!

Thanks for not posting a giant picture of Hilary, MP. That's a plus.  :sign0098:

LM I'm slightly happy to hear that Rumbelle will probably be back together soon (in Hades clutches, but still), mostly I'm worried about how much more damage they're going to heap on their already screwed up (by the writers) relationship.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2016, 03:35:19 PM »
MP -- so funny.  That's a good one.

Don't know how much damage will be done.  I know he's involved in the final story (along with Henry, girl from Camelot, Emma and Regina).  Something about the story that almost was (could have been). Here are the rest of the season's episodes titles

104    16    "Our Decay"[67]    Steve Pearlman    Tze Chun & Dana Horgan    April 3, 2016    516    TBD
105    17    "Her Handsome Hero"[68]    TBA    Jerome Schwartz[69]    April 10, 2016    517    TBD
106    18    "Ruby Slippers"[68]    TBA    Andrew Chambliss & Bill Wolkoff[70]    April 17, 2016    518    TBD
107    19    "Sisters"[71]    TBA    David H. Goodman & Brigitte Hales    TBA    519    TBD
108    20    "Firebird"[72]    TBA    Jane Espenson    TBA    520    TBD
109    21    "Last Rites"[73]    TBA    Jerome Schwartz    TBA    521    TBD
110    22    "Only You"[74]    TBA    David H. Goodman & Andrew Chambliss    TBA    522    TBD
111    23    "An Untold Story"[75]    TBA    Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2016, 07:59:05 PM »
I just had a thought... I was listening to a podcast speculate about Hades being the father of Zelena's child (instead of Robin Hood) and it got me thinking, what if Hades is actually Zelena's father? If nothing else it would make sense of the conundrum of why she's was so powerful at birth.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2016, 11:56:57 PM »
Found a new relationship chart. Everybody is related.
http://woodelf68.tumblr.com/image/142156279809

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #102 on: April 03, 2016, 01:14:04 PM »
The Prankster has a few thoughts about the comments posted since his last visit:

Awwwww so much better!

Thanks for not posting a giant picture of Hilary, MP. That's a plus.  :sign0098:

LM I'm slightly happy to hear that Rumbelle will probably be back together soon (in Hades clutches, but still), mostly I'm worried about how much more damage they're going to heap on their already screwed up (by the writers) relationship.

LOL on the picture.  Although in Donnie World size really matters, the original pic might have been a bit too Trumped-up………OW!  Stop throwing things!

At the risk of being shushed by Outtie, the Prankster will venture his semi-informed opinion on the Rumbelle story line.   The story line has devolved into a nine word summary:  Rumple deceives Belle, Belle finds out, Belle shuns Rumple.  Emilie de Ravin is an accomplished actor and deserves better than the shorter and shorter end of the writers’ stick.  Either write Belle out of the show in some creative way or put some meat on the bones of Belle’s character and the Rumbelle story line.  Perhaps Belle’s pregnancy is a harbinger of better things to come for her.

Don't know how much damage will be done.  I know he's involved in the final story (along with Henry, girl from Camelot, Emma and Regina).  Something about the story that almost was (could have been). Here are the rest of the season's episodes titles

104    16    "Our Decay"[67]    Steve Pearlman    Tze Chun & Dana Horgan    April 3, 2016    516    TBD
105    17    "Her Handsome Hero"[68]    TBA    Jerome Schwartz[69]    April 10, 2016    517    TBD
106    18    "Ruby Slippers"[68]    TBA    Andrew Chambliss & Bill Wolkoff[70]    April 17, 2016    518    TBD
107    19    "Sisters"[71]    TBA    David H. Goodman & Brigitte Hales    TBA    519    TBD
108    20    "Firebird"[72]    TBA    Jane Espenson    TBA    520    TBD
109    21    "Last Rites"[73]    TBA    Jerome Schwartz    TBA    521    TBD
110    22    "Only You"[74]    TBA    David H. Goodman & Andrew Chambliss    TBA    522    TBD
111    23    "An Untold Story"[75]    TBA    Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz

The Prankster expects the remainder of Season 5B to be filled with blasts from OUAT’s past story arcs and related characters.  Sort of an OUAT deceased All Stars.

I just had a thought... I was listening to a podcast speculate about Hades being the father of Zelena's child (instead of Robin Hood) and it got me thinking, what if Hades is actually Zelena's father? If nothing else it would make sense of the conundrum of why she's was so powerful at birth.

MP had the same fleeting thought while writing “Here’s Donnie” but he dismissed it because Hades’ reaction to Zelena during the last episode seemed to be that of a paramour as opposed to a parent.  The Prankster supposes he could be wrong (highly unlikely) or is it possible Hades is unaware that Zelena is his daughter?

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #103 on: April 03, 2016, 02:58:45 PM »
Found a new relationship chart. Everybody is related.
http://woodelf68.tumblr.com/image/142156279809

Interesting but I didn't see Hook.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #104 on: April 03, 2016, 08:40:30 PM »
Tonight's episode is so good.  Hades lost the ability to love to Zeus and he wants to have feelings (paraphrased a lot but it's what I got from his conversation with Rumple). Rumple promised to help everything turn out right. Very good episode with 20 minutes left.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal