Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Week of June 14  (Read 1819 times)

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Week of June 14
« on: June 13, 2015, 05:21:57 PM »
Thanks for picking my paragraph as last week's winner! Here is a new one to start off this week:

As hard as she tried, she just couldn't seem to stay awake--slowly her eyes shut, and this time they stayed shut.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
Re: Week of June 14
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 02:34:50 PM »
As hard as she tried, she just couldn't seem to stay awake--slowly her eyes shut, and this time they stayed shut.  Her husband Sam, who had been watching from her bedroom door, entered and called her name as he shook her gently.  "Carole, are you awake?" he asked.  Then he shook her hard enough that her head bounced on the pillow as he said loud enough to wake the dead, "Carole, wake up, wake up."  She is out cold, he thought, just like I planned it.  He lifted her weighty body and carried her down to the room where they had an indoor pool and threw her into the water.  Now, he thought, I'll be able to marry Monica without having to divorce Carole and let her take any of my money from me.  But he had forgotten one thing and suddenly he felt pressure on his back and he was knocked into the pool.  Titan, Carole's Great Dane, was very protective of her.  Titan dived into the pool, swam to the bottom, and grabbed Carole's clothing in his mouth, pulled and pulled until he had her head above water and swam to the edge, pulling her onto the side of the pool.  Sam, who was a poor swimmer finally made it to the edge of the pool but Titan bit at him every time he tried to pull himself out and continued to do so until Sam's heart gave out. 

Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 11:41:53 PM »

As hard as she tried, she just couldn't seem to stay awake--slowly her eyes shut, and this time they stayed shut. The novel she'd been reading slipped from her fingers and thudded softly on the wood paneled floor where the cat padded silently up to it and flipped a few pages with her paw. Another romance novel? the cat tutted, looking sadly up at her sleeping 'owner'. This is going to be more work than I thought, the cat sighed as she dragged her tired body over to the computer desk, mounted the swivel chair and pounced on the computer mouse. After a few tries she purred her success, Ah, here we go... Match.com...

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 11:11:26 PM »
Some very good selections! This week's winner, though, is Snowbird...I always enjoy the bad guy getting a dose of his own medicine. So Snowbird...you can put up a sentence for next week's contest.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal