Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Week of June 21st  (Read 1726 times)

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
Week of June 21st
« on: June 22, 2015, 01:00:53 AM »
Since I am late putting this up, this week you have until Friday night at midnight to enter the contest.

The sentence is:  The stunningly beautiful bride was about to walk down the isle on her father's arm when......
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 07:53:29 PM by ponytail »
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Week of June 21st
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 08:07:23 PM »
  The stunningly beautiful bride was about to walk down the isle on her father's arm when she suddenly slid on a slimy piece of seaweed and landed butt first in the sand. A wave washed over her, depositing another glob of the stuff in her lap. She was helped up by her father, who tried to clean her off, but the green smear was there to stay. Oh well, she trudged off again, dodging through the debris and slowly making her way to her groom in the distance. A raucous birdcall gave warning too late, and a plop of poop from the sky landed in her hair. If that wasn't enough, the trade winds picked up their pace and slammed into her throwing her off balance and whisking away her veil. By the time she reached her love, she was no longer a stunningly beautiful bride. Thank goodness she would never have to walk down the isle again she thought as she stepped on a crab, skirted a dead fish, and sidestepped 2 rusty cans, a pile of driftwood, and several plastic bottles with Japanese labels.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 08:38:11 AM »
The stunningly beautiful bride was about to walk down the isle on her father's arm when......she stumbled over a loose board and wrenched her ankle for the second time that day. The pain instantly flashed her back to that morning when their stagecoach had been surrounded by bandits and she and her father had been pulled rudely from the cabin, causing her to twist her ankle. They were after the gold the stage was carrying to the bank, but when she begged the lead robber to let her have her trunk, explaining that she was a mail-order bride who was supposed to get married today, he took pity on her and handed her out her trunk, which contained as she'd explained her wedding dress and no gold at all. As he handed her the trunk she happened to notice a long jagged scar on his wrist and she remembered wondering what dastardly deed had justly earned him such a reminder... the bride shook her head to clear away the bad memories. They had survived after all and the wedding could go through as planned. After the ceremony she and her new husband, a miner, entered their names in the registry book to make things official like, when the bride noticed something that made her feel faint... a long jagged scar on her new husband's wrist.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 08:32:48 AM »
Oh, I have to choose between two excellent paragraphs!  Wish I could just say it was a tie.  But I must choose one so it will be the one that made me laugh so hard I peed in my pants.  Ponytail, you win.
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 09:52:44 AM »
Thanks, Snowbird! I enjoy writing these tremendously.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal