Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Once Upon a Time Death Count  (Read 31607 times)

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
Once Upon a Time Death Count
« on: December 05, 2015, 06:35:00 PM »
The thread where we count to find out who exactly is the deadly character in OUAT!

The Rules (subject to change of course)
Any human (or at least humanish) killing by any named character counts for one point. Unicorns and ogres ect. don't count unless they started out human. Towns massacred count for one hundred points (unless someone can give me a better estimate as to actual death count in said village). Magical beings who are killed, but then come back to life in some fashion still count as one. If killed again they count as an additional point.

Episode One - Pilot
 I'd forgotten how truly well plotted the first season was and how well acted. Anyhow, enough fangirling. We have a death count to work on...there was only one death caused by a main character in 1.1. Charming Killing one of Regina's black guards. He was fighting two, one he knocked out or something and the other he ran through with his sword. If attempted murder counts technically Regina attempted to kill Snow White with a poisoned apple and Charming attempted to kill Regina by throwing a sword at her. But the only identifiable killing by a named character was the black guard.

1.1 The Pilot
Charming - 1

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
Re: Once Upon a Time Death Count
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 06:57:24 PM »
Episode Two - The Thing You Love Most
Oh my, I had forgotten how badass Rumple was in the two scenes he had with Regina! Such great characters Rumple and Regina were in season one.
Death wise we saw Regina turn a gnome man into stone for laughing at her and of course she killed her father Henry to enact the curse. Oh and Emma attempted to kill one apple tree, which doesn't count but was completely awesome to watch again!

1.2 The Thing You Love Most
Regina 1 gnome, 1 daddy

TOTALS
Regina 2
Charming 1
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 06:59:49 PM by Outlast »

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 07:04:50 PM »
Episode Three - Snow Falls
Ah original non stupid Snow and Charming. They were great once upon a time...

Death count
Charming throws a knife into the back of one of Regina's black guards, kills another in a duel and puts an arrow through a third.
He also kills a troll by pushing him into a deep ravine and a second one he squishes he's after Snow transforms three trolls into bugs. But since trolls (I assume) don't count....

1.3 Snow Falls
Charming 3

TOTALS
Charming 4
Regina 2
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 07:10:16 PM by Outlast »

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 07:06:29 PM »
Hey -- this gives me an idea.  Want to do a count like I did with soaps -- I could use it for the book and give you credit.  I'll have to email the chart to you though.  It's in word.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 07:11:44 PM »
Hey -- this gives me an idea.  Want to do a count like I did with soaps -- I could use it for the book and give you credit.  I'll have to email the chart to you though.  It's in word.
What did you do with soaps again? Sorry if you told me already.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 07:34:04 PM »
We looked at the overall impact of all aspects of "personal" injury type of things.  From gaslighting to bullying to actual deaths.  Looked at it from the courts severity level.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2015, 08:14:38 PM »
We looked at the overall impact of all aspects of "personal" injury type of things.  From gaslighting to bullying to actual deaths.  Looked at it from the courts severity level.
That sounds over my head. All i know is it's better to be nice, even if the other person/people aren't nice back. But that's real life. Soap opera life is a different animal entirely I'm sure.

By the way have you ever heard Carmen's 'Soap Song'? I love it, but as Daniel from Once Podcast would say, I leak Christianity.
http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=6DZYWNNX

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2015, 08:23:25 PM »
Episode Four - The Price of Gold
Good grief but Cinderella comes off like a spoiled brat in this episode (in fairytale land anyway), which is weird considering how she grew up and how she is generally depicted. But of course Rumple makes up for all that by chewing scenery left and right. I miss intense confident Mr. Gold. :(

Death count... well Ashley bashes Gold over the head which count as attempted murder to me, but since this is TV we know blows to the head are harmless sleep draughts, not catastrophic brain events.... right?
The only death that counts in this episode is Rumplestiltskin exploding Cindy's fairy godmother. Just like that Rumple's on the board!

1.4 Price of Gold
Rumple 1

TOTALS
Charming 4
Regina 2
Rumple 1
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 08:25:28 PM by Outlast »

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2015, 09:24:29 PM »
I am planning on starting after mid-season finale.  Now, here's  a question.  Do we count it differently (say 2 points) when it happens in the real world compared to fairy tale land.  Reason I ask is because it was accepted there but may not be here.  And how do we cunt the "heart" issue?

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2015, 11:30:17 PM »
I think making a Storybrooke murder worth extra would mess up the system actually. Every single killing whether murder or self defense should be worth one point. I made villages 100 simply because I have no idea how many people Regina killed when she burned that village and was that the only one? Her village burning has been referenced in several episodes, but it's unclear in my mind whether that was the only time she did that. I do agree that as Rumple says at some point that murder seems so much worse here ( in our world). But as far as points go I think it should stay one to one.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2015, 12:06:36 PM »
I believe the next episode is is Jiminy Crickets backstory so quick question... Who do we give the death points for Geppettos parents too? As I recall Jim goes to Rumple for a potion to use on HIS parents, but then they switch bottles on him and Geppettos folks end up as dolls... So who is the killer there?

Also I was thinking that in conjunction with the death count, we could work a most evil or most wrong list and name the top ten or whatever most evil/wrong/undeserving killings. The two I'm thinking of off the bat are Charming killing Percival in season five and Zelena tricking/killing Neil. We could even broaden it a bit and add things like Hook/Rumples fathers abandoning/selling them. What do you think?

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2015, 06:29:58 PM »
We have to give points for Jim's intent but then give his parents points for turning themselves into dolls.  Part of this is intent to commit murder.  Part of it is murder but of yourselves with intent to kill others.

I think we do need a most evil list.  I'm thinking of adding a chapter called when is bad too much and look at the worse uses of death/charms throughout the story.  This would definitely include Zelena impersonation of Marian for fraud, murder, and revenge. The second new chapter would be when good outshines evil and include Hook's redemption.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2015, 10:49:11 PM »
We have to give points for Jim's intent but then give his parents points for turning themselves into dolls.  Part of this is intent to commit murder.  Part of it is murder but of yourselves with intent to kill others.

I think we do need a most evil list.  I'm thinking of adding a chapter called when is bad too much and look at the worse uses of death/charms throughout the story.  This would definitely include Zelena impersonation of Marian for fraud, murder, and revenge. The second new chapter would be when good outshines evil and include Hook's redemption.
Hook's redemption? When did that scene air?  :D

I don't think I can give points to Jiminy's parents for switching the bottles purely because his parents were (I think) only one episode characters and therefore not worthy of taking up space on the list. So I guess either two points to Jiminy or no points at all? Do I need an honorable mentions categories for non-main cast killers? :D

I do love the list idea the more I think about it. LM I see lots of lists in our future!

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2015, 04:49:56 PM »
Episode 5 That Still Small Voice
We've already discussed the Jiminy situation and after watching the episode I feel like both Geppetto and Jiminy himself holds himself accountable for the death of Geppetto's parents. So I guess two points go to Doctor Hopper. Also yet another set of awful parents in this series (Jim's parents). That's yet another list we can start!
 :c029:

1.5 That Still Small Voice
Jiminy 2

TOTALS
Charming 4
Regina 2
Jiminy Cricket 2
Rumple 1

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2015, 04:58:35 PM »
Episode Six - The Shepherd
Another excellent episode (season episode rankings coming up!). I really do love the twist where we think Prince James is Charming and then he gets killed and we learn that Charming is actually his Shepherd twin David (best twists - yet another list idea!).

Death count wise let's see... James kills that barbarian fellow (or thought he did. Turns out he had enough left in him to kill James right back). Normally we don't count kills for one episode characters, but then I remembered that they do bring James back at least once in the (Slutty) Jack and the beanstalk episode. So I guess he counts? David later kills a dragon (who killed loads of knights), but I'd guess dragon's don't count unless this one happened to have been Lily's time-traveling daddy who managed to die a few years before she was born.  :D

Also this is the episode where Snow picks up Doctor Whale and in the next episode alludes to their 'one night stand'. ewww.

1.6 The Shepherd
Prince James 1

TOTALS
Charming 4
Regina 2
Jiminy Cricket 2
Rumple 1
Prince James 1
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 05:15:49 PM by Outlast »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal